[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest Stevonator

Hey :P

Just thought I'd give my view on the new beta release. In one word improving. I'm glad you guys took up the challenge and are succeeding so good for you :rolleyes:

I'd like to point out something however relatively low priority. Probably a simple line of code either missed or accidentally removed. When I hold the power button I no longer get the power options, it immediately shuts down. Like I said relatively low priority, but just thought I'd let you know.

On the other hand this release is faster especially with browsing the web, it's definitely not crashing as much as it used to when it has a load on it. In fact it hasn't crashed once yet ! Overall it's a good release and I hope you keep with this project.

Again I say it all the time, but well done guys, beer money coming you're way on payday ! You deserve it <_<

S

Guest xathras

I've suddenly got an invisible widget. I use Jorte as my default calendar app with a 2x2 widget, but after my last reboot it's no longer there. Then I found that no shortcut could be moved to the bit of screen that the Jorte widget used to occupy. However, if I do a long press where it used to be I can drag the non-existent widget to the dustbin and that screen area becomes useable again. It's not a problem - just interesting. Does anyone else have issues with their favourite widgets?

More importantly, I'm very impressed with the stability of 1.4 so far. tTorrent Lite has just finished downloading tomorrow night's movie.

Guest mre15

I get a glitch with the usb mounting page, the button says turn off usb always, it works as it should just never changes name.

Cheers for the good work.

Guest rubbery
Really happy to hear this :P What are peoples experiences? We are fully aware of the flash/media issues etc, and some FC's are to be expected right now, but overall STABILITY is what we went for in 1.4. Did we manage that? Anone getting any hard lockups? Extended lag spikes? Or are we looking pretty good in the stability department now?

newbe5

Newbe5 you may have seen my post on tablet-roms already but just wanted to say that I've been on every aplha and beta and 1.4 is a massive improvement. I used it for 2 hours last night without a single lock up. It's really good to be able to use apps like taptu as well now. A couple of apps that have worked on previous betas such as tweetdeck and weather bug have stopped working and fc but the improvements far outway that. Great job!

Guest rubbery
Excellent work lads, really loving VegaComb. This is a vast improvement on stability compared to 1.3 for me.

I noticed that Music and Gallery dont read the sd card, even after taking the card out and replacing like an earlier fix.

Thanks for the all hardwork.

Yep just to confirm that issue too, I also can't get music working.

Guest Yogimax
I'd like to point out something however relatively low priority. Probably a simple line of code either missed or accidentally removed. When I hold the power button I no longer get the power options, it immediately shuts down. Like I said relatively low priority, but just thought I'd let you know.

I get the same - but nonetheless a superb bit of work!! Once we get the nirvana of the optimised drivers for video and flash this will be a fantastic ROM :P

Guest Mama70
dude, read the thread. someone already gave you step by step instructions for what you need to do:

There's a typo. Real adb-instuctions are:

adb shell recovery_2

adb reboot

So I guess with Gscript it's:

shell recovery_2

reboot

Guest WWEpsp
Yep just to confirm that issue too, I also can't get music working.

I dont know about music, but Gallery is working fine for me!.

This new BETA is working great, after the alphas going hard-lock rampage, this one its a lot more stable. Really enjoying this experiences with HC.

Guest swampyk
Excellent work lads, really loving VegaComb. This is a vast improvement on stability compared to 1.3 for me.

I noticed that Music and Gallery dont read the sd card, even after taking the card out and replacing like an earlier fix.

Thanks for the all hardwork.

I checked Gallery this morniing and it is working again. Music still isnt seeing the sd card though.

Thanks again.

Guest moghm

great work, congratulations. Its easy to forget where we were a month ago when honeycomb was just an aspiration on the vega. 2 questions please. 1. How can i prevent msn and facebook loading up as mobile versions in the beta 1.4 browser? 2. I heard there was a screen capture facility, how can i do that pls? Using vegacomb 1.4 to post this.

Guest premieral
I dont know about music, but Gallery is working fine for me!.

This new BETA is working great, after the alphas going hard-lock rampage, this one its a lot more stable. Really enjoying this experiences with HC.

i upgraded via the patch and my music and gallery are still ok

Guest spacecadetuk

1.4 is much more stable for me, not a single freeze yet after 12+ hours

Same issues as others have noted, no music, flash etc but this is definately solid enough for day to day use,

Great work guys, thanks for the hard work

Edited by spacecadetuk

Guest dbaseii

adb shell recovery_2

adb reboot

shell recovery_2

reboot

Gscript is

recovery_2

reboot

Guest mudcruzr

adb shell recovery_2

adb reboot

shell recovery_2

reboot

No, the gscript instructions were correct.

2 lines as follows:

recovery_2

reboot

- mud

Guest NeilLewis22

Ok 1.4 is on. Below is list of things ive tested with good and bad points to help you guys out after all its in beta

Good points

No lockups

All my apps seem to run fine

looks great

standard clock is working and unit will overclock to 1.4 with cpu master with no problems.

Bad points

Does seem a lot slower then 1.3. Im guessing this had to be done to stop the lockups but can feel very laggy.

music player loads but does not search for my mp3s under /media/music on sd card. Also downloaded winamp and it does the same thing.

doesnt play all my music only mp3s and not the windows format (cant remember the file name).

You need to be very carefull when using a app killer program. If you kill gmail and have the widget open when you come to use it you will get a fc. On 2.2 if you close anything from the task then click a widgit that needs that process it would just reopen the process but doesnt seem to be the case with hc.

No reboot menu

Question

When I look at running processes in settings the total ram is 288mb is this normal?

Wish list

Would really love the camera working so i can mess about with the new gtalk. Must admit i never ever use the camera on 2.2 but with this latest gtalk it would be very useful

performance increase

Things that dont really bother me

Flash support is limited some sites do work in fairness and low q videos are ok.

Bluetooth. Do use the bluetooth but can really wait for it if it means you guys have more time to work on the lag. atleast it turns on now

To other posters

I see a lot of posts on here about hc not loading when flashed. It works just fine so please make sure you look at the posts on this forum on how to flash correctly before posting. We need to really test hc out and make use of the forum so the devs can really get an idea of what needs to be looked at. Double posts about the same issues really doesn't help yourselfs or the devs.

Big thank you to all the devs working on this project. beer money on its way when i get paid on the 28th. Also big thank you to everyone else because with out people willing to test these roms we wouldn't get anywhere.

Edited by NeilLewis22

Guest Yogimax
How can i prevent msn and facebook loading up as mobile versions in the beta 1.4 browser?

Try the last option in advanced settings, and set the user agent string to "Desktop"

I heard there was a screen capture facility, how can i do that pls?

Screenshot function added (select in Settings > Display). You can take screenshots by long-press of the Recent Apps softkey.

Edited by Yogimax

Guest Crazyivan

Really like this rom. Gmote doesn't work and Firefox locked up the Vega so I removed both. Everything else works fine. It looks superb as well... Well done.

Guest ukstrider

Has anyone else had a fc of the browser when trying to save a image or clicking a link to a zip file etc

Edited by ukstrider

Guest rebeldx

loving 1.4 :rolleyes:

just a few FC's ..... screenshot, and the sound settings

gutted the screenshot dint work i was soooooo gonna post screenshots of the rom on my facebook, but tbh i cudnt get a screenshot app 2 work b4 vegacomb lol

oooooh n it doesnt auto connect 2 my wireless network ............ but i use a settings shortcut n manually do it so not a biggy really

sooooooo much better than any other rom so far :P

Edited by rebeldx

Guest premieral
loving 1.4 <_<

just a few FC's ..... screenshot, and the sound settings

gutted the screenshot dint work i was soooooo gonna post screenshots of the rom on my facebook, but tbh i cudnt get a screenshot app 2 work b4 vegacomb lol

oooooh n it doesnt auto connect 2 my wireless network ............ but i use a settings shortcut n manually do it so not a biggy really

sooooooo much better than any other rom so far :rolleyes:

strangest thing screenshotER works and takes the screenshot without fc but i cant find the saved image anywhere??? :P if you can this may be a way to show your friends your vega :(

Guest bladesmanforlife

Many Many thanks for the hardwork put into providing this version of the ROM for everyone.

Hopefully you can get it to a fully stable/slick release as this is the reason to buy a Vega.

My twopenneth (apologies if these have been said before);

Widgets vanish periodically - Youtube, Market for me, but could be all?

No power options when switching off - not a biggy.

Still hangs periodically - I have clocked my cpu down to 1GHZ to be safe, but sadly it still occurs.

Random hangs at bootscreen - vegacomb - had to reflash to restart

Screen doesnt seem as responsive.

I really hope these can be ironed out and it can be more "zippy" like the other roms - I appreciate that this is not straightforward and requires a lot of work, so yet again I do appreciate it and will donate.

What are the chances of the above being resolved - I presume thats the plan?