[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

If anyone wants to see what this tablet is capable of try Riptide GP.

It is absolutely stunning! Runs perfectly on the Vega with this ROM.

Wont install from the Market on my Vega with VegaComb 1.4, refunded.

Guest bencallis

Great work so far!

Has anyone noticed after using the tablet for a while and using multiple apps that things start to slow down. The device doesn't seem to lockup as on 1.3 but it still does not seem to regain much memory. When the tablet is first booted up it has way over 200mb free of ram which is more then adequate to run a radio app, im client and a web browser. After using the tablet for an hour or so (opening multiple apps such as browser, market etc) trying to launch some heavy games results in a black screen. The device does not lock up just runs very slowly.

I presume the game (happens on angry birds and jet car stunts) can not run as it can not get access to enough ram.

I have also hade several graphic issues where some apps while loading fill the screen with garbage (hard to explain will try and capture a screen shot).

Finally I have also had some touch screen lockups which require a reboot these tend to occur on the lockscreen.

Guest nickwarn

I just noticed that i can now use my device with charger attached! No double touches, no touches when trying to swipe, no nothing. Exellent

By the way i have stock charger

Guest HypoTurtle
I just noticed that i can now use my device with charger attached! No double touches, no touches when trying to swipe, no nothing. Exellent

By the way i have stock charger

There is still a problem when USB is connected.

Guest xathras
I have also had several graphic issues where some apps while loading fill the screen with garbage (hard to explain will try and capture a screen shot).

This goes for me too.

Guest bencallis

Also after the tablet has been on for a while the tilt sensor for games gets very laggy making them unplayable. After a reboot everything is fine again.

Guest HypoTurtle

Haven't heard anyone mention it so I felt I should say that until the power button works as such you can simply use gscript to create scripts and add these to your home screen. More -> gscript then choose the script you want to add.

Guest timik

Great ROM beta 1.4

Followings are noticed

No Camera

No Download on Brower

No Download on GMail Attachments

Bluetooth cannot discover any device

No 3G USB Dongle support

No SD Card support on Music

Rg,

Guest WWEpsp
Haven't heard anyone mention it so I felt I should say that until the power button works as such you can simply use gscript to create scripts and add these to your home screen. More -> gscript then choose the script you want to add.

or install quickboot from market, it has some widgets for reboot, hotboot, turn off...

Guest GreedyGuts

Firstly great rom guys really pleased with it.

But ive noticed since installing HC is that the sound i get through my headphones when listenng to music is very tinny, no bass at all (distorted almost),

dont know if its just me or if other members have noticed this?

Apart from the above and Flash im chuffed.

Guest Tim Howard
Firstly great rom guys really pleased with it.

But ive noticed since installing HC is that the sound i get through my headphones when listenng to music is very tinny, no bass at all (distorted almost),

dont know if its just me or if other members have noticed this?

Apart from the above and Flash im chuffed.

I've noticed exactly the same, though in my case it's been whilst watching episodes of Family Guy in RockPlayer. Sound seems to lack bass but is much louder now both through headphones and internal speaker than the max volume available under R8 rom.

Guest WWEpsp

Has anyone notice, that sometimes the screen gets deactivated after a time using the ROM?. The Vega doesnt really lockup, because i can go back and put it on sleep mode, but the screen gets totally deactivated.

Guest Yogimax

I have noticed that the old problem from Corvus5 has come to back! From a certain angle I can see a faint blue LED under the camera.

This obviously means that the ROM needs to be totally rewritten :P

JOKING!!!

Super work guys

Guest le_lutin
I have noticed that the old problem from Corvus5 has come to back! From a certain angle I can see a faint blue LED under the camera.

Noticed that too. Unless the Vega is completely powered off, the blue light is always on.

Guest Steven-R-Raith

I noticed that too, but that's a tiny niggle.

I've noticed in portrait mode the app indicator buttons (home, back, time etc) are unresponsive - I'll have a fiddle with multitouch visualiser and see if I can get the screen calibration APK to load up, might just be that the screen calibration is a bit woofly.

Much, much more stable than Beta1a or whatever I had before though, very impressed with all the work that's gone in to this.

update - multitouch visualiser seems happy enough, so that's an odd one - I don't recall Corvus Rom being quite so sensitive to portrait mode. I'll have a further play tonight after work.

Edited by Steven-R-Raith

Guest phil8715
Noticed that too. Unless the Vega is completely powered off, the blue light is always on.

I actually noticed the blue LED when it was in Recovery mode, In fact it was a way to tell me it had gone into recovery until I noticed that it was actually on all the time when the Vega was powered up.

Strange.

Guest CrArC
I actually noticed the blue LED when it was in Recovery mode, In fact it was a way to tell me it had gone into recovery until I noticed that it was actually on all the time when the Vega was powered up.

Strange.

I thought the not-quite-off backlight was an artefact of a trick to keep the Wifi fresh and ready to go/speed up the 'wake' time on the Vega, so when you resume using it, it's immediately ready.

The ROMS that didn't have this feature didn't have the blue-light issue.

That's my understanding of it, anyway.

Guest RicardoP
I thought the not-quite-off backlight was an artefact of a trick to keep the Wifi fresh and ready to go/speed up the 'wake' time on the Vega, so when you resume using it, it's immediately ready.

The ROMS that didn't have this feature didn't have the blue-light issue.

That's my understanding of it, anyway.

I'm with you on this one. I only noticed this on Beta 1.4, before this the led switched off as soon as I put the tablet to sleep

Guest mxbob

been trying 1.4 so far so good only one lockup (requiring a reboot) and that was when the screen had switched off and locked

power button did nothing had to hold it down till it powered off and reboot

getting so close to this being a usuable daily rom (actually thinking about it i have probably had vegcomb on my tablet constant for over a week)

if it had the stability of the latest beta plus the ability to download from the browser without a force close (earlier betas did this) and flash worked fullscreen without the random colours (again this worked in earlier betas i can live with it only working fullscreen) i dont think id ever swap back to a non honeycomb rom

i havent tried a huge amount of apps with this rom but all the main ones i wanted to run are running great

looking forward to the next version

Guest CoWPlagued

I wouldn't concern yourselves too much with the dreaded blue light. It's related to the camera. Corvus & newbe5 know about it, it was disabled in the Corvus5 rom and I'm sure it'll get switched off once the more important bugs have been ironed out ... or to take a break from the harder bugs :P

Switching the camera on and off used to turn it off, but as we don't have a camera working in this rom .....

Regarding the responsiveness of the buttons, I've noticed that it's not an issue with the screen picking up the key presses. If you have a live wallpaper that responds to screen touches you will find that the wallpaper responds when the button doesn't.