[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest pablochr
OK OK! Sorry! Man, you're persistent :P I don't have a PEAP network here to test and we've been working on other things :rolleyes: But JUST for you!

VegaComb 1.4 EAP Network Patch

Flash that in CWM and let me know. This is 100% untested, and if it DOES work it will likely break ad-hoc support. Hopefully that will keep you going for now though! <_<

newbe5

Hi Newbe5,

tried the EAP patch today against an EDUROAM PEAP/MSCHAPV2 network. Sadly no luck; as before the Phase 2 authentication setting (MSCHAPV2) can be entered but is not retained. Haven't been able to test any ad-hoc networks as yet.

Guest WWEpsp
Hi Newbe5,

tried the EAP patch today against an EDUROAM PEAP/MSCHAPV2 network. Sadly no luck; as before the Phase 2 authentication setting (MSCHAPV2) can be entered but is not retained. Haven't been able to test any ad-hoc networks as yet.

I've tried today, and as you, i have no luck.... :P

Think I'll go to froyo until something big happens.

Guest pablochr

Hi newbe5,

no go I'm afraid. Still can't set/add the MSCHAPV2 bit, keeps falling back to 'scanning' and losing sight of available networks that my phone can see. The Wi-fi analyzer doesn't see owt either so maybe the driver...?

The 1st patch didn't break ad-hoc networks by the way, if that helps.

Guest newbe5
Hi newbe5,

no go I'm afraid. Still can't set/add the MSCHAPV2 bit, keeps falling back to 'scanning' and losing sight of available networks that my phone can see. The Wi-fi analyzer doesn't see owt either so maybe the driver...?

The 1st patch didn't break ad-hoc networks by the way, if that helps.

I think there is an app on the market called "Full Wifi", can you try that and see if it will connect to the network you are trying to use?

newbe5

Guest Fire Ant

Today I started using VegaComb, and I should say thanks to you guys. I was wondering if you could do me a great favour amd compile two modules, gspca_main.ko and gspca_ov534.ko (CONFIG_USB_GSPCA_OV534 and CONFIG_USB_GSPCA kernel settings).

I had a small problem with wifi, dropping the connection frequently, since changing the channel to 9 the connection is very robust.

Thanks again for your terrific work!

Edited by Fire Ant

Guest pablochr
I think there is an app on the market called "Full Wifi", can you try that and see if it will connect to the network you are trying to use?

newbe5

Trying but no luck. I can enter all the req'd info with FW but no connection as yet. Wi-fi in settings keeps showing networks out of range unless stop/started. Fails and just scans continually. End of day here so will try again tomorrow.

Guest Fire Ant

Sorry please ignore my previous post. I saw the bumblebee kernel is used in VegaComb:

https://github.com/BuzzBumbleBee/android_kernel_advent_vega/

and compiled the modules myself.

I thought the camera problem has something to do with the embedded camera, but the same error messages appear when trying to connect to a USB camera: V/CameraHolder( 3420): open camera 0

D/NvOmxCameraSettingsParser( 882): NvOmxCameraSettingsParser constructor

D/NvOmxCamera( 882): getCameraSensorSettings flash params FAIL

E/NvOmxCamera( 882): setCameraHWSensor: getCameraSensorSettings failed! [0x80001006]

E/NvOmxCamera( 882): createCameraObjects: setCameraHWSensor failed! [0x80001006]

E/NvOmxCamera( 882): NvOmxCamera::createObjects :::: FAIL ::::::::::::::::: [0x80001006]

I/StagefrightPlayer( 882): setDataSource('/system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg')

I/StagefrightPlayer( 882): setDataSource('/system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg')

D/Camera ( 3420): app passed NULL surface

W/dalvikvm( 3420): threadid=10: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40014760)

Do you know any developer working on this?

Guest Steven-R-Raith
Regarding the responsiveness of the buttons, I've noticed that it's not an issue with the screen picking up the key presses. If you have a live wallpaper that responds to screen touches you will find that the wallpaper responds when the button doesn't.

I can confirm this is what I get. Inly seems to be an issue in portrait mode. persevering can make it work, but t's faster to revert to landscape and hit it most times!

Again, minor thing, but best to have it noted :P

Guest WillDroid

Haven't seen any answer to this, has anyone yet worked out how to get music to actually show up whatsoever? I've tried everything short of a new memory card and I can't quite seem to be able to get my music to appear in any of the music apps. I tried to do the refresh media server thing in spare parts like I'm sure I saw someone recommend for a different ROM however that didn't work either

Guest NeilLewis22
Haven't seen any answer to this, has anyone yet worked out how to get music to actually show up whatsoever? I've tried everything short of a new memory card and I can't quite seem to be able to get my music to appear in any of the music apps. I tried to do the refresh media server thing in spare parts like I'm sure I saw someone recommend for a different ROM however that didn't work either

The above issue made me restore my old rom as no media programs would search my memory card

Guest Remington Steale

I had the same issue and found that after I had moved my music to the folder called Music that the rom created on my sdcard on beta 1.3, then after I went back to Corvus and then installed beta 1.4 I had my music listed.

Think something in the rom misplaced the tracks if they werent in the music folder before installation and didnt update the changes if you then put them in the right place.

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest zaxxio

PowerAMP works fine with the SD card!

Guest NeilLewis22

intresting good fixes thanks guys.

still needs looking into tho for release. have to say the android 3 music app is nice. soon as the perfromance is better ill try it again.

was wondering tho do people think its slower because of the beta or just hc runs slower due to the gfx. after looking at a few reviews of hc on other devices they all seem little slower then 2.2 or have the feel of being slower

Guest newbe5
intresting good fixes thanks guys.

still needs looking into tho for release. have to say the android 3 music app is nice. soon as the perfromance is better ill try it again.

was wondering tho do people think its slower because of the beta or just hc runs slower due to the gfx. after looking at a few reviews of hc on other devices they all seem little slower then 2.2 or have the feel of being slower

We were extremely conservative with a lot of the performance settings in 1.4, our primary goal was to fix the hard-freeze issue. That is now 100% fixed, and so after the 1.4 release I started looking at tweaking the values extensively to find the perfect balance between speed/performance and stability. I'm happy that this balance has been found after trying dozens of combinations. The current test build is both stable, and as fast as (if not a little faster than) 1.3. We are still working on other fixes to add to the build before we decide to release it :P

Trust me, this will be plenty fast enough on our little Vega's :rolleyes:

newbe5

Guest Panayioti
We were extremely conservative with a lot of the performance settings in 1.4, our primary goal was to fix the hard-freeze issue. That is now 100% fixed, and so after the 1.4 release I started looking at tweaking the values extensively to find the perfect balance between speed/performance and stability. I'm happy that this balance has been found after trying dozens of combinations. The current test build is both stable, and as fast as (if not a little faster than) 1.3. We are still working on other fixes to add to the build before we decide to release it :P

newbe5

So in the next release will flash be working? But again thanks for your work.

Guest beepo666

newbe5

<rubs hands together in anticipation> <_<

Guest celyn

newbe5

Cant wait

Guest SamH

Have to agree that this is the most stable version so far. HC is just a much better tablet experience than previous versions of android.

However I can't download from the market any more.

Also can't sign in to google talk.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Guest Lennyuk
Have to agree that this is the most stable version so far. HC is just a much better tablet experience than previous versions of android.

However I can't download from the market any more.

Also can't sign in to google talk.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

wipe and flash again, happened to me first time.

Guest SamH
wipe and flash again, happened to me first time.

This is my 3rd attempt but will try again. Strange as worked fine on 1.3

Thanks for help Lenny

Guest CoWPlagued
So in the next release will flash be working? But again thanks for your work.

Forget flash, we need the real issues fixing like the 5 sided honeycomb boot image and the dreaded blue light of doom. :P