[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest Scanno
What media (video) player are people using with 1.5.1?

Just installed 1.5.1, coming from modaco R8 and tried using mVideoPlayer full and it now does not recognise the files on my sd that it used to so am guessing it's missing

some codecs?

You can try Moboplayer with the ARMV7VFP3 codec pack. Works for me. But it is my personal preference.

Guest premieral
Very nice update. Flashed yesterday to 1.5 and had WIFI problems. The udate to 1.5.1 solved that. Video playback seems to be a lot better.

I also have the firce close on the volume setting. It was there also on 1.4.

A new problem i am having is that link2sd does not work anymore. Link2sd cannot add/change the mount script. Has anybody else got it working??

Does anybody know if the /system partition is too full for link2sd to make the changes or is there another problem.

Oh and the standard browser does not force close when starting a download.

link2sd is still working on mine i just updated with the patch and all fine

Guest newbe5
Here a screenshot. Link2sd is not working on a fresh install of 1.5.1.

As you can see the screenshot function is working nicely :P

working on a 1.5.2 update which should fix the SU issues some people have and also repair a2sd problems. Hope to make it available soon!

newbe5

Guest Sir Gash

This ROM is progressing very nicely! Some problems I have:

- Bluetooth doesn't work

I have been unable to get Bluetooth working on 1.5.1 (full version installed after full wipe). Anyone else? Could this be a similar issue to the WiFi problem, I take it those with working Bluetooth used the patch version from 1.4 rather than 1.5.1 full?

- Media Scanner issue

After a reboot, media is not detected (e.g. in Music or Gallery). I think the issue is with the Media Scanner, the first time the ROM booted I noticed the 'Preparing SD card' notification, but this doesn't happen after a reboot. Unmounting SD (from Settings > Storage) then removing and re-inserting SD card works for now. I noticed that this ROM still seems to confuse SD storage with USB storage at times

- Brightness level

After a reboot, the brightness level always reverts back to default and not the last setting

- Books app disappears

Don't use it myself, but thought I would point it out!

Overall, things seem much better, albeit a little bit laggy for me (will try to OC later). I didn't notice in the update notes but it looks like image quality is much higher, the horrible dithering effect seems to be gone in 1.5.1 :P

Guest premieral
congrats on such a excellent ROM :P

can somebody be so kind as to confirm that links2sd is working on the ROM as the fella in post #1229 seems to indicate no?

As if it does will flash when I get home tonight.

as i said before mine worked with 1.4 and since patching to 1.5 still does :rolleyes:

Guest Scanno
working on a 1.5.2 update which should fix the SU issues some people have and also repair a2sd problems. Hope to make it available soon!

newbe5

Thanks that would be perfect. Link2sd is needed. Can you tell us what the standard cpu settings are now?

Min 760, max 1000 and ondemand ?

Changing to performance with cpumaster seems to make a lot of difference is speed (or at least the feeling of speed). Is there a special reason for this?

Thanks.

Guest Mr.Nike

for everyone having the books app disappearing I would suggest to use titanium back up and unfreeze the app.

Doing so it goes back in place (at least for me)

Guest mxbob

so far so good on 1.5.1

Very stable

Seems pretty quick

Haven’t spotted any issues that haven’t been mentioned elsewhere

i think 1.3 is still my favorite though as flash hasnt worked in any version since (well it works in fullscreen but has odd colours and a solid block of colour as others have mentioned)

keep up the good work i will look forward to the next version

Guest newbe5
so far so good on 1.5.1

Very stable

Seems pretty quick

Haven’t spotted any issues that haven’t been mentioned elsewhere

i think 1.3 is still my favorite though as flash hasnt worked in any version since (well it works in fullscreen but has odd colours and a solid block of colour as others have mentioned)

keep up the good work i will look forward to the next version

Flash didn't work in 1.3 either? It's never worked :rolleyes:

PS: 1.5.2 Patch is now available to fix SU and App2SD issues :P

newbe5

Guest premieral
for everyone having the books app disappearing I would suggest to use titanium back up and unfreeze the app.

Doing so it goes back in place (at least for me)

I just re installed it from system/apps folder on 1.3 and its never gone since :P

Guest mckal13

I am having major lockups and slowdowns.... RAM management needs a serious tweaking I feel.

Why is there only 324mb of ram available? My blade (cm7, n85) has 424...

Also, is there any easy way of closing applications?

Guest mxbob
Flash didn't work in 1.3 either? It's never worked :rolleyes:

PS: 1.5.2 Patch is now available to fix SU and App2SD issues :P

newbe5

it did! it never appeared in the browser but if you could make it fullscreen it played perfect (im sure other people have pointed this out im sure i got that tip from this very thread)

this still works but now has odd colours in full screen mode

*edit* actually i might be gettign my versions wrong it may not have been 1.4 that killed it

either way it worked (fullscreen only) in one of the earlier betas

Edited by mxbob

Guest le_lutin
it did! it never appeared in the browser but if you could make it fullscreen it played perfect (im sure other people have pointed this out im sure i got that tip from this very thread)

this still works but now has odd colours in full screen mode

*edit* actually i might be gettign my versions wrong it may not have been 1.4 that killed it

either way it worked (fullscreen only) in one of the earlier betas

bbc iplayer (which uses flash) works for me in 1.5. The video does look a bit strange though (colours are a bit funny and there is a green semi-transparent band at the bottom)

Guest newbe5
I am having major lockups and slowdowns.... RAM management needs a serious tweaking I feel.

This is not a blade, and HoneyComb is considerably more memory hungry than Gingerbread. Where are you getting lockups? this has been quite heavily tested and we couldn't cause any hard lockups.

newbe5

Edited by newbe5

Guest mxbob
bbc iplayer (which uses flash) works for me in 1.5. The video does look a bit strange though (colours are a bit funny and there is a green semi-transparent band at the bottom)

yes exactly the same here in the last few betas

Guest CoWPlagued

It's not a RAM management issue as no one else is having these problems, either you're overclocking to an unstable speed or you have an application that's causing you problems.

Maybe we could get someone to knock up a DSL port that would only use 15MB odd, utterly useless but you'd have LOADS of ram.

The ease of closing applications is directly related to what you are currently using and how "easy" you find it, if you're using Advanced Task manager, and want something easier .. probably not.

Guest iemand met een pov

Hi all,

Rom 1.5.1 is working fine but:

3g shows a full connection, but says "not internet" I called my phone provider and checked all apn settings and even copied settings from my nokia phone, but cannot get an internet connection.

Trying all day now :-)

Any ideas on how to proceed in troubleshooting?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Guest Mr.Nike
Use market enabler and set it to (US) T-Mobile and you should find it, i always do. I never waited because i didnt ask for any invite i just got it. It was sent out to registred XOOM users and i think i became that true some custom rom for my FOLIO it used some motorola stuff. Anyways the Music Beta is great and i got it a week ago

I've managed to find the app on some forum as I was not able to find it even with market enabler as suggested here early on.

I've installed the app on my mobile (HTC desire) and i can go in settings....

Installed on the Vega I don;t have the "settings" screen at all....that's very strange.

COuld anyone please check this on their vega?

Thanks

Guest bencallis

Has anyone got there wiimote working with n64oid on this rom? Bluetooth now allows the wiimote to connect and the wiimote app knows which buttons I am pressing but n64oid (or any other app) does not see it as input.

Guest Remington Steale

Wipe Data, cache and dalvik cache.

Install

set up wifi and install CPU Master Free

Set overclock to 1.2ghz and minimum to 456, scaling to performance. Set on boot

Reboot at least 3 times, let it boot up enough for you to open an app like GMail.

After all this it runs pretty well, flash is the same as ever, dont really care. for £200 its much better than a bloody iPad

Thanks very much TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest le_lutin
Wipe Data, cache and dalvik cache.

Install

set up wifi and install CPU Master Free

Set overclock to 1.2ghz and minimum to 456, scaling to performance. Set on boot

Reboot at least 3 times, let it boot up enough for you to open an app like GMail.

After all this it runs pretty well, flash is the same as ever, dont really care. for £200 its much better than a bloody iPad

Thanks very much TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Thanks for the tip.

Any reason for setting the min to 456? Would a lower value not mean longer battery life when the vega is idle?

And while i'm at it, how come you've only overclocked to 1.2? Have you not noticed any benefit above this level?

Edited by le_lutin

Guest gavinlew
I've managed to find the app on some forum as I was not able to find it even with market enabler as suggested here early on.

I've installed the app on my mobile (HTC desire) and i can go in settings....

Installed on the Vega I don;t have the "settings" screen at all....that's very strange.

COuld anyone please check this on their vega?

Thanks

Hi,

It took about an hour for google to realise that my tablet also has google music installed and that it should be authorised to connect to my account.

Keep checking in the app/ rebooting , eventually you will get the "Link to Music" menu pop up where you choose the google account to link to.

Cheers.

Guest Mr.Nike
Hi,

It took about an hour for google to realise that my tablet also has google music installed and that it should be authorised to connect to my account.

Keep checking in the app/ rebooting , eventually you will get the "Link to Music" menu pop up where you choose the google account to link to.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot :P

Guest Remington Steale
Thanks for the tip.

Any reason for setting the min to 456? Would a lower value not mean longer battery life when the vega is idle?

And while i'm at it, how come you've only overclocked to 1.2? Have you not noticed any benefit above this level?

I dont really care too much about the battery life, I suppose lower would be longer but its more responsive at this minimum.

Since the cpu is only rated for 1ghz its really best not to overclock too much, the rating is calculated for average safe failure rates, putting it to the max wont make a lot of difference from 1.2.

Basically put it to where you feel comfortable, if it starts getting unstable, clock it down a notch