[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest Scanno

Installed the 1.5.2 patch and Link2sd is able to create the mount to my ext partition. Did not have su problems so that was no issue. Build number is still 1.5.1 in settings... But link2s working is great.

Thanks.

Guest le_lutin
I dont really care too much about the battery life, I suppose lower would be longer but its more responsive at this minimum.

Since the cpu is only rated for 1ghz its really best not to overclock too much, the rating is calculated for average safe failure rates, putting it to the max wont make a lot of difference from 1.2.

Basically put it to where you feel comfortable, if it starts getting unstable, clock it down a notch

Thanks.

Guest mckal13

Couldnt stand the slow-ness... now that link2sd has been sorted, ill im going to go back to corvus5 + kernel0.2 (which is so bloody fast in comparison now...) and wait till a solid release is out.

Good luck guys, doing a great job :P

Guest CoWPlagued
Good news by the way, Lila the talking fairy works.

Thank god for that, now if we could just manage to get round the only two other show stopping bugs of the 5 sided honeycomb and blue light of doom.

Guest Remington Steale
Thank god for that, now if we could just manage to get round the only two other show stopping bugs of the 5 sided honeycomb and blue light of doom.

My boot screen has six sided honeycomb's, did you do a clean install?

I do get a launcher force close on each reboot though

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest CrArC

I don't have the blue light of doom any more (1.4>1.5 patched). Bit inconvenient when I need to see at night; it was like a warning beacon that I'd stub my toe on the side table if I got too close :P

Guest RicardoP

I too have the six sided honeycomb's and I just flashed the update zip...

Bit inconvenient when I need to see at night; it was like a warning beacon that I'd stub my toe on the side table if I got too close :rolleyes:

I used to use the light as a location beacon to find the Vega in the dark! :P

Guest jokerbone

I've just installed 1.5.1 and the 1.5.2 patch following all instructions. Honeycomb now boots perfectly, but I can't get online from my Vega.

I can get a connection to my wireless network, and can access my router's webpage by its IP address on my Vega browser, but can't access any addresses outside my network by either IP or name.

It feels like a TCPIP configuration issue to me, but I can't find any settings that allow me to fettle with these on the tablet.

If it helps at all, my wireless network is using channel 11 and is WPA/WPA2 secured.

Help please!

Guest Hasanpb
Hi all,

Rom 1.5.1 is working fine but:

3g shows a full connection, but says "not internet" I called my phone provider and checked all apn settings and even copied settings from my nokia phone, but cannot get an internet connection.

Trying all day now :-)

Any ideas on how to proceed in troubleshooting?

Kind regards,

Andrew

I had a same problem.

You have to create a new APN, set it as usual and use it :P

Guest Scanno
I've just installed 1.5.1 and the 1.5.2 patch following all instructions. Honeycomb now boots perfectly, but I can't get online from my Vega.

I can get a connection to my wireless network, and can access my router's webpage by its IP address on my Vega browser, but can't access any addresses outside my network by either IP or name.

It feels like a TCPIP configuration issue to me, but I can't find any settings that allow me to fettle with these on the tablet.

If it helps at all, my wireless network is using channel 11 and is WPA/WPA2 secured.

Help please!

The problem is not on the tablet. It is your router :-) Try resetting your router. Do you have problems with other devices in your network? As far as i know all the ip settings are received by the DHCP protocol. That you can reach the ip of your router meeans that you have gotten an ip adres from your dhcp server. The same server gives out a network mask and an ip adres where to go when the ip adress is outside of your network.

Either something went wrong with flashing or your router needs resetting... i guess you have internet otherwise you would not be able to sent your message?

Edited by Scanno

Guest jokerbone
The problem is not on the tablet. It is your router :-) Try resetting your router. Do you have problems with other devices in your network? As far as i know all the ip settings are received by the DHCP protocol. That you can reach the ip of your router meeans that you have gotten an ip adres from your dhcp server. The same server gives out a network mask and an ip adres where to go when the ip adress is outside of your network.

Either something went wrong with flashing or your router needs resetting... i guess you have internet otherwise you would not be able to sent your message?

I've reset the router, though I doubt it was necessary as my desktop was (and is still) working and the tablet was working fine on the r8 ROM before I flashed it.

If it helps I also had the exact same problem with the 1.4 beta rom, and ended up going back to R8 because of this.

It's still not working :P

Guest premieral
yes exactly the same here in the last few betas

Hi mxbob, can you let me know what version of flash you are using and what browser you are viewing the iplayer in as i cant see anything :P just hear it :rolleyes: alright as a radio app <_<

cheers

al

Guest Scanno
I've reset the router, though I doubt it was necessary as my desktop was (and is still) working and the tablet was working fine on the r8 ROM before I flashed it.

If it helps I also had the exact same problem with the 1.4 beta rom, and ended up going back to R8 because of this.

It's still not working :P

Try to get the output of the command ifconfig when you are connected to your wifi accespoint. Ifconfig shows the ip information of your connection. This might give people here an idea what is going on there.

You can run ifconfig through adb or a terminal program like connectbot or something like that. At the prompt just type ifconfig and hit the return button.

Guest Kevrae

I've applied all the patched now, honeycomb boot is a honeycomb now and blue light is now gone. I didnt have any problems with WiFi or Bluetooth in 1.5 but WiFi seems to be a little more flakey in 1.5.2, usually need to reset WiFi a few times then ok. Stability is rock solid and with CPU master and the right settings its running really well. Really just looking forward to webcam (really want to try Google talk) and flash and I think ill be set.

Installed and ran a benchmark with quadrant standard but only appears to read one core. Is it just the app not optimised for tegra?

Once again cheers, seems as though I just finish flashing one ROM and then need to download and flash another. Very quick development.

Guest mxbob
Hi mxbob, can you let me know what version of flash you are using and what browser you are viewing the iplayer in as i cant see anything :P just hear it :rolleyes: alright as a radio app <_<

cheers

al

im using the latest version of flash from the market 10.3 (i think it is)

im using the stock browser

i have the exact same thing you have (can hear but not see it) until i full screen it so either keep pressing where you think the fullscreen button should be (can be annoying finding it but it works) or use the mobile verison of the iplayer site and when you start the video it will automatically go full screen

the video still wont look right in current vegacomb betas

Edited by mxbob

Guest swampyk

For HD youtube vids you can use the free youtube downloader (TubeMate) and watch them back with Rock Player - works for me.

Guest premieral

me too but i dont notice a lot of other comments about this? Are there many others having the fc on launch ??

Guest premieral
im using the latest version of flash from the market 10.3 (i think it is)

im using the stock browser

i have the exact same thing you have (can hear but not see it) until i full screen it so either keep pressing where you think the fullscreen button should be (can be annoying finding it but it works) or use the mobile verison of the iplayer site and when you start the video it will automatically go full screen

the video still wont look right in current vegacomb betas

Thank you :P

Guest Lennyuk
me too but i dont notice a lot of other comments about this? Are there many others having the fc on launch ??

I am no longer getting it on the vega, however I get launcher fc's on boot on my android devices I have/do own regardless of the rom or launcher used. Just press FC then it reloads fine and you can forget about it :P

Guest bhargav27

OK not sure whether anyone else experienced this. But after applying the 1.4 to 1.5.1 patch the tab was quite sluggish (wiped cache and dalvik cache). However, now after applying 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 it is quite smooth. Also, flash videos work fine but as reported only non hd ones. I don't have to make them full screen either.

Music is working fine. Overall seems quite solid and smooth.

Keep up the great work!

Guest premieral

i want a refund!!!! Oh its free :rolleyes: My boot screen still has 5 sides, have i got an inferior version?? :P

Guest Mark_L

Hi,

First let me say that this is an awsome ROM, words literally fail me and when I get paid tomorrow I'm deffinatey gonna donate some money to you guys.

On another note, is there any chance that you could include the 'RAM Hack' to reclaim back some RAM from the graphics allocation like the one available for the LG Optimus x2?

That extra 64MB of reclaimed RAM would be quite nice.

Guest warriorscot

Is anyone having a problem with some apps cutting off the top of the screen. This happens to some apps in CM7 but with that you can minimise the bar so its not an issue but I can't see if you can do that in HC.