[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest jokerbone
Try to get the output of the command ifconfig when you are connected to your wifi accespoint. Ifconfig shows the ip information of your connection. This might give people here an idea what is going on there.

You can run ifconfig through adb or a terminal program like connectbot or something like that. At the prompt just type ifconfig and hit the return button.

ifconfig

lo Link encap:Local Loopback

inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0

UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1

RX packets:51 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:51 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

RX bytes:4680 (4.5 KiB) TX bytes:4680 (4.5 KiB)

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr CC:D8:11:01:3D:12

inet addr:192.168.1.64 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:1398 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:762 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:186764 (182.3 KiB) TX bytes:12998 (12.6 KiB)

My router is on .254, the IP of the tablet is in the correct subnet.

Guest pmw1971
me too but i dont notice a lot of other comments about this? Are there many others having the fc on launch ??

Yep each time :P

Guest Steven-R-Raith

Hmm. Well, update from 1.4 to 1.5 appears to have complete buggered my wifi. Time to reboot multiple times, and if not joy revert to Corvus and see if that fixes it, and if not, time to go back to stock and start again!

Still, that's the first time I've had an issue with an update since I stuck R8 on, so mustn't grumble.

Hope I can find my USB cable, erk!

(have wiped all caches, Dalvik etc, tried the full install image)

Guest mintvilla
Hmm. Well, update from 1.4 to 1.5 appears to have complete buggered my wifi. Time to reboot multiple times, and if not joy revert to Corvus and see if that fixes it, and if not, time to go back to stock and start again!

Still, that's the first time I've had an issue with an update since I stuck R8 on, so mustn't grumble.

Hope I can find my USB cable, erk!

(have wiped all caches, Dalvik etc, tried the full install image)

when you say 1.5, 1.5 did bugger anyone who did the full image, i had to reflash 1.4, then do the 1.4 to 1.5 patch.

Have you tried the 1.5.2 update?

Guest Steven-R-Raith

Aye, I did indeed - no change.

Went from 1.4 to 1.5.1 patch, clearing the dalvik cache, at that point I could only see one wifi network, on channel 1.

I added the 1.5.2 patch, and since then I've not been able to see any wifi networks - although it claims to be scanning, and does have the WLAN libs in system\lib\hw\wlan and appears to be loading them (there's no FCs or owt), it just doesn't see any networks.

Will try reverting to 1.4, wiping everything as I go, and see if that helps - updates soon :P

Guest Paris2011

Hi, before I put vegacomb on could you tell me if gingerbread dash is working properly cos if wasn't on previous betas.

Thanks

Guest Steven-R-Raith

Nah, still nothing on the wifi front. Corvus next....

Reet, working in Corvus 5, time to throw 1.4 VegaComb back on, eh? :P

Update: 1.4 wifi working, so lets try 1.5.1 update...

Update - interestingly, the 1.5.1 patch told me it was bad (it didn't previously) and aborted - so using the full 1.5.1 update....

Edited by Steven-R-Raith

Guest spacecadetuk
Yep each time :P

+1 yep, only on first boot, no hassle really just wait for 10 seconds and everything is hunky dory again

Guest carl rose

I don't really like to install custom roms but I like to try them though. Today, from my normal install with all my apps I installed recovery and after that installed the VegaComb 1.5.1 update without doing the 1.4 update first, Let me tell ya that this is a great rom. If it had flash and a few more things that I normally use I would leave this on the tablet as my working rom. One of the things is the video player. It looks great though, I used it all afternoon overclocked to 1.4 and did not loose any of my apps. It did FC on a few things like youtube but a reinstall of the app fixed it. Thanks for this guys, it is amazing work and when flash starts working on future updates I will definetly leave it on for longer and possibly as my favourite rom. I'm back on the official 1.10 but miss the beauty of the vegacomb! :P

Edited by carl rose

Guest CoWPlagued
My boot screen has six sided honeycomb's, did you do a clean install?

No, the 1.4-1.5 patch, which for most people does not update the boot image ... however -

I too have the six sided honeycomb's and I just flashed the update zip...

I used to use the light as a location beacon to find the Vega in the dark! :P

So maybe it's a bit like the books apk, there for some gone for others :rolleyes:

I don't have the blue light of doom any more (1.4>1.5 patched). Bit inconvenient when I need to see at night; it was like a warning beacon that I'd stub my toe on the side table if I got too close <_<

The blue light will return ... or at least it has for me and many others .... it's takes more than this to kill it!

Guest jokerbone
ifconfig

lo Link encap:Local Loopback

inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0

UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1

RX packets:51 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:51 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

RX bytes:4680 (4.5 KiB) TX bytes:4680 (4.5 KiB)

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr CC:D8:11:01:3D:12

inet addr:192.168.1.64 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:1398 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:762 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:186764 (182.3 KiB) TX bytes:12998 (12.6 KiB)

My router is on .254, the IP of the tablet is in the correct subnet.

Fixed it!

Had to use static wifi connection properties rather than DHCP - which leads me to believe that I was right about the DNS being responsible.

Thanks for the help!

Guest Steven-R-Raith

Reverting to Corvus then through to 1.4, then 1.5.1 (both full installs) the the 1.5.2 update seems to have sorted it, although it was initially flaky, and doesn't auto-connect to wifi on boot. There might be something in the dev tools for that though.

Now that it's settled, it seems far happier - and it's very quick. Nice!

Guest buyadroid

The overclocking is definitely causing issues with my units.

Using setCPU to restore the speed to 216-1000 results in a rock solid unit.

But for some reason on 1.5.1 the 3G has stopped working.

Great work guys. We all really appreciate the work to gt this going.

Edited by buyadroid

Guest nickj76

well 1.4 works great on my vega but trying to update to 1.5 (1.5.1) and all i end up with is the back light coming on and then nothing. Same thing happened in 1.3 just would not boot, all i would get is the back light on and then nothing, any suggestions as to whats going wrong ?? (and yes I wiped cache, davik etc, even reverted back to stock advent firmware, then CWM, then new install of 1.5.1 same thing happens)

Guest buyadroid

You have the over clock issue.

Do 1.4 run set cpu to boot at start with max cpu 1000.

Then try the 1.51. I have no idea if thsi will work. But do not do a factory reset or you lose your apps. Do the other 2 wipes.

Guest iemand met een pov

v

I had a same problem.

You have to create a new APN, set it as usual and use it :P

Thanks for your reply. I did try but unfortunatly have the same prob. Connection is fine, 100% coverage but`no internet" still.

Hope someone has other options......

Regards,

Andrew

Guest iemand met een pov

Hi, forgot to tell : 1.5.2 is great. After using cpu master on recommended settings, even performance is good.

Very good rom, i will stick with this, hoping to get 3g up, and wait patiantly for the cam but thats minor.

Respect for you guys !!!!!!!

Guest iemand met een pov

Hi, forgot to tell : 1.5.2 is great. After using cpu master on recommended settings, even performance is good.

Very good rom, i will stick with this, hoping to get 3g up, and wait patiantly for the cam but thats minor.

Respect for you guys !!!!!!!

Guest droid-fever

Hi to all!

I am following this great development for quiet some time now, beta 1.51 is running without any problems(except flash and bt). But what a good rom well done guys.

Could someone help me to get the old wallpapers back which where in the early alpha( i think from the aconia port or something)...i am looking for the wallpaper with the beautiful mountain road?

Greetz!

Guest Hasanpb
v

Thanks for your reply. I did try but unfortunatly have the same prob. Connection is fine, 100% coverage but`no internet" still.

Hope someone has other options......

Regards,

Andrew

I had a really same issue. Signal was 100% but there wan`t GPRS/EDGE/3G indicator. I create a new APN and use created APN.

Guest buyadroid

Hey rebel1

Thank you for the 3g file.

sequence of events.

From power off. Press power button, wait for back-light. Press and hold back button until unit boots to GUI. Insert Modem and enable 3G setting. Enable data roaming.

It is getting further onwards

I applied the patch. I am using a Huawei E1750 modem. WiFi is off.

The light on the modem flashes(blue). The APN I created under 1.4 appears with a red dot. I can now search and find the network operator. It displays the 3G network (prior to patch it gave an error). It also says registering on network.

But it does not lockup. The modem works fine on my other android tab HyPE-PAD.

Update : Its working now. I have to enable and disable WiFi twice and then it will lock up with the modem.

Thank you Rebel1. Awesome support on here.

Edited by buyadroid

Guest le_lutin

One thing I've noticed that makes the latest version of vegacomb systematically freeze (requiring a hard shutdown) is using Google Earth.

It's starts off completely fine, but then when I zoom into a city and get all the 3d buildings and play around for a while, the vega invariably freezes.

Not a dealbreaker obviously, just saying in case it might be helpful in terms of debugging the memory management.

Edited by le_lutin

Guest Scanno

Ok this is really great. To reach my data at home i have an openvpn server running. With my netbooik running ubuntu i usually connect to that. Offcourse i would like that also with my pov mobii.

I was running CM7 before going to VegaComb. Sadly until a few minutes ago i was not able to connect to my openvpn server. With the 1.5.2 version i noticed that the tun module is now correctly added so i thought i would have a try again and failed. I was using the openvpn installer and guiu from the market.

So it was nit working..... but then i thought why not try the openvpn executable from CM7?????? So i looked inside thw system.img from cm7. I extracted /system/xbin/openvpn, /system/xbin/openvpn-up.sh and /system/lib/liblzo.so and pushed them to my pov... Then started the openvpn settings app from the market..... And...... working :-)

Hope this helps anybody....