[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest radox1

Is anyone else having high battery drain when the device is sleeping.

I lost around 35% in 7hrs with wifi off. Battery stats shôwmthe device did not sleep.

post-692603-1306493029_thumb.png

Edited by radox1

Guest G0OSE

Well, after waiting for this rom to reach a point where it looked nearly fully useable (for me) I finally decided to take the plunge and install it.

What can I say... fantastic work! I havent had any problems really other than it was a bit slow (laggy) when first installed - I overclocked it to 1.2 and 467 (I think it was) and it works fine now.

For all those in the same boat as I was, I'd say go for it - you won't be sorry!

A big thankyou to the team who have slaved away over this, your work is as always very much appreciated.

Guest Lengths

First of all, loving my VegaComb and showing it off to as many people as I can.. Have convinced at least one person to buy a vega on the basis of how cool this rom actually is!

Couple of issues everybody is aware off: (Polaris/Quick office, wont work (was hoping with the new frameworks in 1.5 this would be fixed, but they are still crashing for me as soon as i try to open/create a document)), Flash, although not a major problem as everything seems to work if I can get it to go full screen)

And one that i might be miss understanding..

In (Cpu Master??? theoverclock program) i checked the information tab, and it gave processor tegra 250, and seemed to imply there was only 1 processor core (Proccesor 2 = 0). I was under the impression that the Tegra was a duel core processor so should show 2 processors?... Is this not the case or am i missing something?.

Thank you, Great Rom, been truly amazed by the speed of your development cycle!

Guest Logseman

I had decided to hold off on VegaComb until it was perfected enough. After trying it for a while, it seems that I'm not looking back. This beta is fantastic and I find it almost ready, barring some general sluggishness and the Flash and BT issues, which I am lucky not to need at all.

Guest G0OSE
I had decided to hold off on VegaComb until it was perfected enough. After trying it for a while, it seems that I'm not looking back. This beta is fantastic and I find it almost ready, barring some general sluggishness and the Flash and BT issues, which I am lucky not to need at all.

Have you overlocked it? I only ask as mine was sluggish at first (see above post)

Guest newbe5
Hi,

confirmed 3G Fix for Vegacomb 1.5: http://www.multiupload.com/SY9385EAAI

rebel1

Cracking work again mate :P MY lack of a 3G dongle is a real stumbling block when it comes to testing this before release :rolleyes:

Ok this is really great. To reach my data at home i have an openvpn server running. With my netbooik running ubuntu i usually connect to that. Offcourse i would like that also with my pov mobii.

I was running CM7 before going to VegaComb. Sadly until a few minutes ago i was not able to connect to my openvpn server. With the 1.5.2 version i noticed that the tun module is now correctly added so i thought i would have a try again and failed. I was using the openvpn installer and guiu from the market.

So it was nit working..... but then i thought why not try the openvpn executable from CM7?????? So i looked inside thw system.img from cm7. I extracted /system/xbin/openvpn, /system/xbin/openvpn-up.sh and /system/lib/liblzo.so and pushed them to my pov... Then started the openvpn settings app from the market..... And...... working :-)

Hope this helps anybody....

Thanks for this! This has been noted and will hopefully be merged into the next update! Great Work!

For everyone else, this is a brilliant way to get involved in this project yourselves, if you manage to fix something in VegaComb that wasn't working (or just overlooked by me being stupid! <_< ) then amke sure you either post it in here, or PM me with the information and we will try to merge your good work into the next available version of the BETA. This is a lot of work for 2 people, so getting the community involved is a great way of speeding things up!

newbe5

Guest Scanno
Cracking work again mate :P MY lack of a 3G dongle is a real stumbling block when it comes to testing this before release :rolleyes:

Thanks for this! This has been noted and will hopefully be merged into the next update! Great Work!

For everyone else, this is a brilliant way to get involved in this project yourselves, if you manage to fix something in VegaComb that wasn't working (or just overlooked by me being stupid! <_< ) then amke sure you either post it in here, or PM me with the information and we will try to merge your good work into the next available version of the BETA. This is a lot of work for 2 people, so getting the community involved is a great way of speeding things up!

newbe5

Happy to help. If i see something else not working and have an idea how to fix it, i will try to do so. About the 3G. I have a huawei e220 dongle. So will try to test the 3G fix when it is in the next update.

Guest iemand met een pov
Happy to help. If i see something else not working and have an idea how to fix it, i will try to do so. About the 3G. I have a huawei e220 dongle. So will try to test the 3G fix when it is in the next update.

Hi, I do not have the knowledge to help you on this, but I have a internal Huawei EM770w so if I can perform the test for 3G on this card in new versions, just let me know.

Guest Jisonga

I was sorry to hear about some real life issues forcing corvus to take a back seat on vegacomb for a while as i know he was the man when it came to kernels and HW acceleration.

I hope this does not hold up the issues with getting flash to work using the vegas hardware. I get the feeling this piece of the puzzle must be a biggy as with so many other big honeycomb issues being dealt so well and so quicly by your goodselves getting flash up and running must be taxing your already busy brains.

As always i will end on another thanks for all your hardwork and i think after the weekend i will give this rom another go as i cant wait any longer for that drop of honey.

Jason.

Guest Lennyuk
I was sorry to hear about some real life issues forcing corvus to take a back seat on vegacomb for a while as i know he was the man when it came to kernels and HW acceleration.

I hope this does not hold up the issues with getting flash to work using the vegas hardware. I get the feeling this piece of the puzzle must be a biggy as with so many other big honeycomb issues being dealt so well and so quicly by your goodselves getting flash up and running must be taxing your already busy brains.

As always i will end on another thanks for all your hardwork and i think after the weekend i will give this rom another go as i cant wait any longer for that drop of honey.

Jason.

Don't worry, development will continue.

Let me introduce you to HomerSP

he is the MAN when it comes to android, the one the only the best!

Guest Jisonga

Thanks for the update mate.

I never thought for a moment that development on this rom would stop as i know there is still a very talanted crew working on this rom and after looking up homersp it does seem we are in very talented hands in deed.

Thanks for replying and good luck to one and all involved in this rom.

Jason.

Guest beepo666
Is anyone else having high battery drain when the device is sleeping.

I lost around 35% in 7hrs with wifi off. Battery stats shôwmthe device did not sleep.

Just a thought, and apologies for not reading through everything - been a long long day. Is the blue camera light anything to do with battery drain?

Guest bencallis

I have the battery problem too. The blue camera light issue is now fixed so I guess it can't be this. Is anyones device showing as not awake in the stats (I am wondering if it could be a specific app).

Guest CoWPlagued
I have the battery problem too. The blue camera light issue is now fixed so I guess it can't be this. Is anyones device showing as not awake in the stats (I am wondering if it could be a specific app).

It's not fixed, it comes back. For some it has gone, for others like myself it's reared it's ugly blue head again.

It is unlikely to be a factor in the battery drain, unless there's some link to the camera and it pulling large amounts of power, but I very much doubt it. I would assume the power drain issue is more likely to be related to not being able to get the cpu into specific sleep modes, or something along those lines was mentioned many many many pages earlier.

has anyone tried logging cpu speed and activity while the screen is off, it may be worth setting a profile to keep the cpu at 216Mhz while the screen is off to see if this has any effect.

Guest Stevonator

The blue camera light...

I have it on every single ROM I've had installed. Is it a sign that something is faulty ...

Only reason I ask is because Newbe 5 describes the light as The Dreaded blue light of DOOM. Whilst my camera works fine when not using Vegacomb, my microphone doesn't work on any of the Roms I use. So are the blue light and the fact my microphone doesn't work related ...

Just a thought ...

Guest Lennyuk
The blue camera light...

I have it on every single ROM I've had installed. Is it a sign that something is faulty ...

Only reason I ask is because Newbe 5 describes the light as The Dreaded blue light of DOOM. Whilst my camera works fine when not using Vegacomb, my microphone doesn't work on any of the Roms I use. So are the blue light and the fact my microphone doesn't work related ...

Just a thought ...

No don't worry its not a problem, just a bit of a battery drain, and a pain to keep looking at.

Guest CrArC
First of all, loving my VegaComb and showing it off to as many people as I can.. Have convinced at least one person to buy a vega on the basis of how cool this rom actually is!

Couple of issues everybody is aware off: (Polaris/Quick office, wont work (was hoping with the new frameworks in 1.5 this would be fixed, but they are still crashing for me as soon as i try to open/create a document)), Flash, although not a major problem as everything seems to work if I can get it to go full screen)

And one that i might be miss understanding..

In (Cpu Master??? theoverclock program) i checked the information tab, and it gave processor tegra 250, and seemed to imply there was only 1 processor core (Proccesor 2 = 0). I was under the impression that the Tegra was a duel core processor so should show 2 processors?... Is this not the case or am i missing something?.

Thank you, Great Rom, been truly amazed by the speed of your development cycle!

Quickoffice doesn't work for you? It's worked for me on every version of VegaCombsince 1.3.

Guest Lengths
Quickoffice doesn't work for you? It's worked for me on every version of VegaCombsince 1.3.

No both quickoffice HD and Polaris office, crash when i try to create a new document, did see other people mentioning it after rom 1.4 but not seen anybody mention it after 1.5 ... is it me needing to do a flash back to stock and start again then?

Guest droid-fever
No both quickoffice HD and Polaris office, crash when i try to create a new document, did see other people mentioning it after rom 1.4 but not seen anybody mention it after 1.5 ... is it me needing to do a flash back to stock and start again then?

Quickoffice HD is doing fine..i have version 4.5. Polaris still don't work on 1.5.2

Guest moghm

great work. A few observations.

1. Fc at boot is back

2. Cant save bookmarks

3. A bit sluggish shortly after boot

Many thanks

Guest premieral
It's not fixed, it comes back. For some it has gone, for others like myself it's reared it's ugly blue head again.

It is unlikely to be a factor in the battery drain, unless there's some link to the camera and it pulling large amounts of power, but I very much doubt it. I would assume the power drain issue is more likely to be related to not being able to get the cpu into specific sleep modes, or something along those lines was mentioned many many many pages earlier.

has anyone tried logging cpu speed and activity while the screen is off, it may be worth setting a profile to keep the cpu at 216Mhz while the screen is off to see if this has any effect.

I use setcpu and have various profiles set one being to scale down to 416 on screen off, today i took the vega off charge at 7.00am and with admittedly minimal use it is currently showing 70%. Of course i may be suffering from an incorrect battery meter but its not been wrong yet :P

Guest bogdanghebea

hi,

still the same problem for me with 1.5 as with the other vegacomb beta and corvus5.... i am installing without any problem, but before each boot of vegacomb 1.5 i have to wait with the advent vega OFF 10 minutes...

i dont know why...

Guest winnipeg
great work. A few observations.

1. Fc at boot is back

2. Cant save bookmarks

3. A bit sluggish shortly after boot

Many thanks

Hi, Left my Vega for about 7 Hours and found it slugish -

The CPU seemed to stuck at 216Mhz (setting was performance 456 - 1400Mhz) - Tried Force close and nudgeing CPU Master - No effect

Re-booted - OK back to working well and OK 2 hours later with Intermittent use.

Vegacomb 1.52

Just my observation.

The work and speed that has gone into the Vegacomg ROM is Fantastic - Super thanks!!! to the Vegacomb team :P :rolleyes: <_<

Edit: Just noticed time and date Lost at some point – not sure before reboot or after

Edited by winnipeg