[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

how on earth do you add an APN?

i'm trying to get my E160 usb dongle working.

i enter all the apn details and then press the back button but there is nothing listed ???

Guest warriorscot

Bloomin browser is fecked, just wiped out my bookmarks and for the life of me I can't work out how to get them to be restored from the google backup. Takes ages to set up the bookmarks every bloomin time you install now it deletes them randomly AAARGH!!!

Guest Lennyuk
Bloomin browser is fecked, just wiped out my bookmarks and for the life of me I can't work out how to get them to be restored from the google backup. Takes ages to set up the bookmarks every bloomin time you install now it deletes them randomly AAARGH!!!

start using titanium backup to backup your bookmarks then

Guest warriorscot

I do for some reason it never restores them properly have to have a backup for each android type as I go back to CM7 between vegacomb releases usually and the backup bookmarks wont transfer but I have a new titanium version to try so will give it another go after I update to the latest version.

Guest Shaizer

I've notice that the Youtube app doesn't seem to be able to play any videos in which HD is available. It wont even play it in 480p, just says cannot play this video. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Guest newbe5

Out of interest, I'm seeing an awful lot of new faces in this topic, looks like people made new accounts to talk about VegaComb. Are you people who had a Vega and are now interested in modding because of Vegacomb? I have had a few PM's from people who have said that they have bought a Vega because of this ROM, I'm interested to know if that is widespread or just a couple of people? :P

newbe5

Guest mark6346

Rom keeps getting better & better, loving it, thanks again for all the good work being put in to it by everyone involved. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems downloading from the market , both free & paid apps keep coming up with box saying order cancelled, then asks for me to retry, but just keeps doing it, its all set up with my proper google account, however one thing i did notice on pc version of market, in my account settings, my htc phone is still listed, but my vega has now dissapeared since using vegacomb rom . Everything else is working fine other than the known issues, wifi now working flawless, not disconecting all the time like in 1.4 & bluetooth is pairing properly with my phone.

Cant wait for next update , problem is my girlfriend thinks i love my vega more than her :P lol

Guest newbe5
Rom keeps getting better & better, loving it, thanks again for all the good work being put in to it by everyone involved. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems downloading from the market , both free & paid apps keep coming up with box saying order cancelled, then asks for me to retry, but just keeps doing it, its all set up with my proper google account, however one thing i did notice on pc version of market, in my account settings, my htc phone is still listed, but my vega has now dissapeared since using vegacomb rom . Everything else is working fine other than the known issues, wifi now working flawless, not disconecting all the time like in 1.4 & bluetooth is pairing properly with my phone.

Cant wait for next update , problem is my girlfriend thinks i love my vega more than her :P lol

For the lucky few who have upgraded for a while rather than wiped, BLuetooth is still working :rolleyes: We are still looking in to why this is and which update broke it for new users, but it's good to know that it's working for you!

Tell your GF that if she wants intimate interaction, that she can buy a Vega and you can both play co-op on Dungeon Defenders <_<

newbe5

Guest mark6346
For the lucky few who have upgraded for a while rather than wiped, BLuetooth is still working <_< We are still looking in to why this is and which update broke it for new users, but it's good to know that it's working for you!

Tell your GF that if she wants intimate interaction, that she can buy a Vega and you can both play co-op on Dungeon Defenders :(

newbe5

:P I did get her a Vega too & put corvus5 on it for her, which shes happy with, but she just dont share the enthusiasm like me :rolleyes:

Guest Drizz

This is awesome work. I love where it's going even though there's many issues.

youtube doesn't work at all,none of the videos will play. Polaris fails every time and the browser doesn't sync bookmarks from my google account.

Other then that, it's pretty cool and runs ok so song as you don't leave it, then it'll become sluggish but a quick reboot solves that.

Guest le_lutin
Out of interest, I'm seeing an awful lot of new faces in this topic, looks like people made new accounts to talk about VegaComb. Are you people who had a Vega and are now interested in modding because of Vegacomb? I have had a few PM's from people who have said that they have bought a Vega because of this ROM, I'm interested to know if that is widespread or just a couple of people? :P

newbe5

Personally, I bought the Vega just because I saw that honeycomb had been ported for it.

Guest Shaizer

The Vega is rapidly nearing the perfection thanks to newbe5 and co. this honeycomb rom is suuuuper duper smooth and I'm rarely running into any bugs/FCs. One thing I would love to see is the perfect accelerometer fix from corvus5 on this rom to play Riptide GP (EPIC GAME) right now its a bit snappy. Also I was wondering if anyone managed to get USB pen drive working? I put my vega into host mode (back button method) and then stuck the pen drive in and the LED came on but as soon as I press File manager everything froze. Would've loved to saw how tron 720p (from my mates USB) looked on my vega today but ah well :P

Edited by Shaizer

Guest Steven-R-Raith

Has to be said, my experience of 720p media on the Vega (regardless of ROM) hasn't been great - but then the only 720p bit of media I had was a rip of Tron Legacy, so it might have been in the wrong format for it.

I'll probably investigate what formats work with it before trying again - as I probably just Did It Wrong :-)

Guest Yogimax
Has to be said, my experience of 720p media on the Vega (regardless of ROM) hasn't been great - but then the only 720p bit of media I had was a rip of Tron Legacy, so it might have been in the wrong format for it.

Try Handbrake and use the Vega profile http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...e-for-the-vega/ (don't forget to set the picture width to 1024 when you save the profile). This gives very good quality output :P

Edited by Yogimax

Guest G0OSE

Alot of people saying youtube isnt working at all, I take it you mean from your browser? Seems to work with the little desktop widget, just not fullscreen.

Edited by G0OSE

Guest B0oza

The youtube app works for me too but does not go full screen.

Newbe5 - My Vega is a couple of weeks old, joined the forum for the Froyo ROM but after seeing such good feedback for Vegacomb 1.4 i tried it out anf fell in love - ill certainly be donating.

I want to use Market Enabler as my market is restricted but when i input a gsm code it tell me "houston we have a problem" it accepted the code in 1.4 although im not sure it had the desired effect on my Market. I found the apk for google earth and iplayer (in prep for working flash) so not a big problem.

Thanks for all your efforts guys!

Guest Ceeefax

newbe5

I'd been looking at tablets, saw the vega was cheap and wonered what the modding scene was like. Found this rom and it was a big reason in buying the vega. The other roms looked good but honeycomb is a seller.

Currys/dixons/pcworld should fund you guys for development and advertise it with the vega!

Guest everett_psycho

newbe5

I have to say that I was contemplating a tablet for weeks and wanted either the ifad of a hc device, this thread pushed me to save the £200 and grab a vega and see how much I actually use it. I ran the R8 rom straight away, if and when I get some more free time I'll play more and try to contribute more. I'm trying my best to not be a complete noob and post needless pleas for help

Guest dragon2611
I'd been looking at tablets, saw the vega was cheap and wonered what the modding scene was like. Found this rom and it was a big reason in buying the vega. The other roms looked good but honeycomb is a seller.

Currys/dixons/pcworld should fund you guys for development and advertise it with the vega!

I bought the vega before vegacomb but I kinda had a hunch that someone would make an effort to port honeycomb.

The main reason I went for the vega was for it's featureset compared to other similarly priced tablets, whilst these tablet devices are good I just don't see justification to spend £500+ on one, hence the decision to go with the vega

Guest Scanno

newbe5

I became member of modaco because of the effort of Paul in modding the standard Vega rom. I was in the market for a tablet last year and was looking for a tablet wich had a modding scene. At the time there were two tablet that i had to chiose between. That were the pov mobii tegra and the toshiba folio 100. My idea was that the scene behind the vega was more active. So i bought the pov.

I have been using htc devices for a couple of years now and they al had custom roms on them. The pov was my second android device.. My first android device was the G1 with the first version on android. So i have seen the whole android development (from the first JF roms and cyanogen taking over).

Like it till now and planning to stick with android.

Besides i am a gadget man (but it should not cost too much :-) ) and i am in the ICT business so that is a good combination i think :-)

Guest bigsman

Loving how quick the new versions are still coming guys top work!

Not sure if anyone's really picked up on this and I know its probably quite far down the list in terms of things to fix but if there's any possibility of an 'easy' fix for the rubbish sound quality via headphones can you consider putting it in the next build please? I know that's quite cheeky but let me set the scene...'we' are an Apple household...well we were in that my Mrs can see no further than Apple products and I've had to grudgingly concede they do what they say on the tin and are great for the non techie. Then I bought the Vega and she said the screen was mince - I had to admit defeat there! But since the Vegacomb roms started appearing I've been making great play of things like the maps and the smooth scrolling screens and much fresher UI and she's had to admit this little 'cheapo' pad is starting to hold it's own <_<

However, when we're sitting and she's on her Ipad and I have my Vega and we want to get some tunes on the go while we surf I now need a separate MP3 player to listen to my tunes cos the sound from the Vega has become so tinny...and frankly it's embarrassing and a step backwards in my quest to convert her :rolleyes:

So...please please please can some clever person fix the sound quality issues and allow me to extol the virtues of this device and it's amazing user development team anew?!?!

I will also donate some cash...promise!!

Seriously though great work guys much appreciated - keep it up :P

Guest don_theo

newbe5

Bought Vega because of VegaComb, but did not flash yet. Maybe next week or the week after.

For me this Rom is damn near perfect now ... fast .. stable .. some of the more troublesome apps on the market now install properly (Tegra Pinball & Samuari II for example). Yeah there are still a few little bugs here and there otherwise its almost ready for day to day usage.

One last thing holding it back for me and thats proper flash support. I think that should be top priority now, once thats sorted it will be ready for prime time.

Guest CrArC
For me this Rom is damn near perfect now ... fast .. stable .. some of the more troublesome apps on the market now install properly (Tegra Pinball & Samuari II for example). Yeah there are still a few little bugs here and there otherwise its almost ready for day to day usage.

One last thing holding it back for me and thats proper flash support. I think that should be top priority now, once thats sorted it will be ready for prime time.

Flash and a working youtube app are my biggest interests right now. Of course I'm grateful for the already amazing effort! But yeah, flash and HD videos in youtube app... and that's my day made :P