[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest billybruiser

Utube does work for me, it starts off struggling to play the first couple then it seems to be fine after that! Even full screen, just tap on the video and the option comes up. Even bbc iplayer works, just tap in the middle of the vid where youd normaly see the word play :-)

Guest Mama70

Just measured how much Pov Mobii+VegaComb 1.5.2 takes watts. The accuracy is 1 W so it's not possible to do any fine tuning. First I loaded the battery to 100% and took the measurements.

Wifi on/off didn't make any difference. I have Cpu Tuner with 312-1200 setting. No 3g&GPS.

The battery is 3300mAh x 7.4V = 24,42Wh

Standby 0W ( claimed 4 days = 0,25W)

Idle 3-4W = 8-6hrs

Xvid movie 5W = 4.8hrs (claimed 6,5hrs =3,8W )

Google Earth 6W = 4hrs

Guest hamse

Maybe HD for the youtube app is not working because of the resolution in the vega's screen.

Youtube needs 1280x720 which is 720p (seen as HD)

vegas screen is 1024x600 (problem here???)

When motorola xoom and others have 1280x800

Just a thought :D

Guest budgie74

Have started to use vegacomb as my daily rom just wondered if anyone has managed to get the bluetooth working i can comfortably cope without flash but need the bluetooth for satnav with wayfinder gps many thanks again

Guest CrArC
The Android Market tablet apps section.. any idea how to get to it? Or is it a xoom only requirement

There's a tablet section? I can see tablet apps in my normal app searches, I thought that was it. If there's a tablet section then I want in!

Guest shingsek
The team that brought you Corvus5 is back, to bring you HoneyComb for your Vega :D

See the original thread I posted over at TabletRoms here! the download is there.

My brain is hurting now... time to go for a rest :/

Remember this is BETA :o We have posted this so that Vega owners can have bragging rights, yes, our tablet ROCKS. There are some bits and bobs that are messy, or simply just hacked in, but here it is in all it's messy glory :(

Have fun guys :D

newbe5 & Corvus

Remember, if you are kind enough to donate to me (it's definitely not a requirement!) don't forget that this is Corvus' work too! His donation link is here!

Hello!

Thanks for your work. Looks really great!

I have loaded vegacomb 1.5.1. But have noticed a couple of problems though.

Transitions from screen to screen are slow most of the times. Generally speaking, it works slow.

Android market does not let me installing apps. Sometimes it fails to download, sometimes it does not let me install - looses the app right after download.

Are all of those a normal thing for beta?

my device: UX-100

Regards, Shingsek

Guest duvee

for the first time I see a light on my tablet next (left) to the light when your power cable is plugged in..

now i notice that there are 2 "holes" next to each other that can give a blue/red light.. what is the left light for?

I dont have a manual of my tablet, and cant seem to find it..

Guest tylerDurtan

some things I don't understand, why does my webcam on my vega not work, apps seem to crash all the time, system settings have settings in random places and settings for components not in my vega tablet, it has a load of acer stuff on it and looks suspiciously like the iconia OS, is this just an iconia android 3 with vega drivers patched?

Guest simonta
some things I don't understand, why does my webcam on my vega not work, apps seem to crash all the time, system settings have settings in random places and settings for components not in my vega tablet, it has a load of acer stuff on it and looks suspiciously like the iconia OS, is this just an iconia android 3 with vega drivers patched?

Are you serious? It's a port, and it's beta. What do you expect?

Guest spacecadetuk

Been using 1.5 since release with no major problems but today the stock browser has started playing up, whenever i try to bookmark a page it force closes and wipes all the bookmarks, nothing new installed so a bit weird that it's just decided to start being a pain.

Guest Bazabaza

Might be worth actually consulting the change log before posting problems. This tells us what is working and what isn't.

Guest andyfalc
Out of interest, I'm seeing an awful lot of new faces in this topic, looks like people made new accounts to talk about VegaComb. Are you people who had a Vega and are now interested in modding because of Vegacomb? I have had a few PM's from people who have said that they have bought a Vega because of this ROM, I'm interested to know if that is widespread or just a couple of people? :D

newbe5

I bought a vega knowing it could be rooted, and hoped to one day use Honeycomb,

but I had no idea of the quality and skill you guys use to make it possible.

Hats well and truely OFF...

Guest CrArC

Ran into a few problems with Vegacomb this morning (1.5.0, which I've been happily using for a few days now).

The default browser was taking ages to load links, sometimes needing a few clicks at a time (this was not caused by my Internet connection), bit irritating but no big deal.

I then began to get force closes on the launcher when logging in. Also irritating! This happened after I enabled pattern security (thus far I'd used an insecure lock, and I was curious).

Shortly thereafter though, I started hitting the 216MHz brick wall. I'd thus far avoided that issue on VegaComb by either being careful with how I woke it from sleep on 1.3 and previous, or just because it didn't ever happen on 1.4 and 1.5.

I then reinstalled using 1.5.1 and patched to 1.5.2 and it's been smooth sailing since. Not sure what went wrong with the last install! Oh well

Guest thekman
I bought a vega knowing it could be rooted, and hoped to one day use Honeycomb,

but I had no idea of the quality and skill you guys use to make it possible.

Hats well and truely OFF...

Long time reader, first time poster.

Same here. Currently running Corvus5 and can't believe how good it is.

I wanted a Vega back in November, but couldn't get one, settled on a Archos 70 instead although I have continued to read these threads.

I bought mine when the price dropped to £199, but VegaComb would have pushed me over the edge anyway.

Guest vulpy

Couldn't be more respectful for the porting effort... Unfortunately, 1.5.x is still slow... slower than any honeycomb natively built tablet and limiting heavily the user experience. For the time being I'm back to the fabulous Corvus froyo rom (lacks shinny UI and features but it's balzzzzzzzing fast and stable).

Keep up the good work and please focus on the speed (raw speed), stability issues can be forgiven at this stage :D You're good doc !

Guest winnipeg
Ran into a few problems with Vegacomb this morning (1.5.0, which I've been happily using for a few days now).

The default browser was taking ages to load links, sometimes needing a few clicks at a time (this was not caused by my Internet connection), bit irritating but no big deal.

I then began to get force closes on the launcher when logging in. Also irritating! This happened after I enabled pattern security (thus far I'd used an insecure lock, and I was curious).

Shortly thereafter though, I started hitting the 216MHz brick wall. I'd thus far avoided that issue on VegaComb by either being careful with how I woke it from sleep on 1.3 and previous, or just because it didn't ever happen on 1.4 and 1.5.

I then reinstalled using 1.5.1 and patched to 1.5.2 and it's been smooth sailing since. Not sure what went wrong with the last install! Oh well

I had a similar problem. Also seemed to loose the Date / Time. Not sure if CPU Master was the problem, but changed to No-frills CPU control for now and not had problems so far.......

Did not do enough testing or careful notes to be sure.

The Vegacomb Rom is excellent!!!

Guest PeteBest

Brilliant work on this guys! Can't wait until google finally releases the source code to aosp!!

Edited by PeteBest

Guest montage

Here girls and boys we have a fantastic example for natural selection

Guest Mama70
Brilliant work on this guys! Can't wait until google finally releases the source code to aosp!!

I would say because of these guys and Vegacomb I _can_ wait for the release of the official source code. :D

Hi guys i feel first i would like to give my respects to the debs for the beta it works really well for me if not a little slow sometimes. But i am sure this will be sorted out in time :-) has anyone got flas to work properly i have been able to get some videos to work in full screen hoeever i was woundering if maye going back a verdion or two might help i.e Flash 1.2 or 1.1 as i have seen some form posts that might suggest this

Guest MikhailM
The overclocking is definitely causing issues with my units.

Using setCPU to restore the speed to 216-1000 results in a rock solid unit.

But for some reason on 1.5.1 the 3G has stopped working.

Great work guys. We all really appreciate the work to gt this going.

Could you please explain how to access CPU speed adjustment? I have installed the VegaComb 1.5.1 rom and then the 1.5.2 patch and the Honeycomb is working as expected, except that it is rather slower than under Paul's r8.

I have seen several references to spped adjustment in VegaComb, but can't find how to do it. Please advise.

MikhailM.