[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest Lennyuk
Could you please explain how to access CPU speed adjustment? I have installed the VegaComb 1.5.1 rom and then the 1.5.2 patch and the Honeycomb is working as expected, except that it is rather slower than under Paul's r8.

I have seen several references to spped adjustment in VegaComb, but can't find how to do it. Please advise.

MikhailM.

You will need an app like SetCPU (Free on xda or paid in the market) to set your cpu speed.

Guest le_lutin
Could you please explain how to access CPU speed adjustment? I have installed the VegaComb 1.5.1 rom and then the 1.5.2 patch and the Honeycomb is working as expected, except that it is rather slower than under Paul's r8.

I have seen several references to spped adjustment in VegaComb, but can't find how to do it. Please advise.

MikhailM.

You can use cpu master which is free from android market.

Guest mxbob

I don’t suppose anyone has found a solution to not being able to download files in the browser yet have they? I did have a quick search but this thread is getting so long it getting hard to keep track

I was also wondering about battery life. How do you all think your battery life is with vegacomb? Mine seems slightly down on what it was with the corvus5 rom. It doesn’t seem hugely different its not like its suddenly running out very quick but I seem to lose slightly more on this rom than I did doing the same things on other roms. I was just curious if this was maybe honeycomb taking more resources to run?

Guest Yogimax
I don’t suppose anyone has found a solution to not being able to download files in the browser yet have they? I did have a quick search but this thread is getting so long it getting hard to keep track

I personally have no problem downloading files with the standard browser - the only settings changes I have made are to enlarge the text size and to set the user agent string to emulate "Desktop" instead of tablet or mobile phone. The last incremental upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 was done by downloading the file using the browser, then directly booting into recovery! :D

Guest mxbob
I personally have no problem downloading files with the standard browser - the only settings changes I have made are to enlarge the text size and to set the user agent string to emulate "Desktop" instead of tablet or mobile phone. The last incremental upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 was done by downloading the file using the browser, then directly booting into recovery! :D

thats interesting to know i thought it was a common problem

might be worth trying reflash then see if that solves it

Guest mxbob
I am downloading files in the browser fine too, have been since beta 1.3

i could in the early beta havent been able to in the last couple of updates

will try reflashing tonight and report back

Guest gazmon2424

any news on flash and hardware acceleration yet? (am i right in saying they dont work as of yet)

its the only thing stopping me from changing from corvus 5 as i mainly use the tablet for internet browsing

not so worried about the camera as dont use it

is market working stable or not

gazmon

Edited by gazmon2424

Guest CoWPlagued
any news on flash and hardware acceleration yet? (am i right in saying they dont work as of yet)

its the only thing stopping me from changing from corvus 5 as i mainly use the tablet for internet browsing

not so worried about the camera as dont use it

is market working stable or not

gazmon

Hardware acceleration is probably the hardest thing to solve, at the moment it's hacked together to work. I know we now have a few more people working on VegaComb, but even then I wouldn't hold your breath.

They may surprise us, but then again we may be waiting for the source code or some official involvement from Advent or clone OEM.

we may be able to get a slightly better browsing experience if we can add an Ipad browser agent string into the browser to reduce the use of flash, and html5 based video is generally easier to get into full screen (although HD videos still won't play).

Market is stable enough to use, it's sometimes a bit slow to download and install for me, but it generally works fine. People with issues generally found that a reflash fixed any issues.

Guest gazmon2424
Hardware acceleration is probably the hardest thing to solve, at the moment it's hacked together to work. I know we now have a few more people working on VegaComb, but even then I wouldn't hold your breath.

They may surprise us, but then again we may be waiting for the source code or some official involvement from Advent or clone OEM.

we may be able to get a slightly better browsing experience if we can add an Ipad browser agent string into the browser to reduce the use of flash, and html5 based video is generally easier to get into full screen (although HD videos still won't play).

Market is stable enough to use, it's sometimes a bit slow to download and install for me, but it generally works fine. People with issues generally found that a reflash fixed any issues.

These guys workin on this port are doing so great but unfortunaltly for me its pointless loading this rom without them key components

Theey are the essential parts of the tablet experience unless u just wanna surf text sites, to market a product and not support the software is ridiculous, and also a credit to the guys who try to make it better on there own steam

Cant see thee point of just being able to say ive got honeycomb thats missing the reeal eexperience at the moment, but absolutely fantastic effort from theedse guys though

Guest thedannydavies

Running 1.5.1 and overall it's bloody amazing! Thanks so much for putting this together. Beer money on the way when I can.

Guest CoWPlagued
These guys workin on this port are doing so great but unfortunaltly for me its pointless loading this rom without them key components

Theey are the essential parts of the tablet experience unless u just wanna surf text sites, to market a product and not support the software is ridiculous, and also a credit to the guys who try to make it better on there own steam

Cant see thee point of just being able to say ive got honeycomb thats missing the reeal eexperience at the moment, but absolutely fantastic effort from theedse guys though

To buy a product and then expect a company to invest thousands of pounds improving it beyond it's advertised functionality is ridiculous. Companies like Advent sell hardware, they make a build for it and they are supporting that build with updates and bug fixes. Google wouldn't licence the Google Apps to them as android<2 is a phone OS and advent don't make phones. They never advertised it as having honeycomb and to be honest it probably wouldn't meet the accepted minimum requirements google would have set due to its 512MB ram. I think Advent/Dixons group are doing a perfectly acceptable job of supporting their budget product.

The Honeycomb build is perfectly usable due to the fact that most of the apps (such as email) are designed for tablet use, running a phone build on a tablet probably dulls the experience of using a tablet quite a lot. And as for the lack of flash making web browsing "text sites" is also a little narrow minded, millions of ipad users would argue otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I use android and not apple products so I can have flash, but the lack of it running within the main browser window is a mere annoyance.

This is a port and a proof of concept, it's slower than a true build, it's buggy, it's missing features and it's in no way pretending to be a perfect port.

Guest gazmon2424
To buy a product and then expect a company to invest thousands of pounds improving it beyond it's advertised functionality is ridiculous. Companies like Advent sell hardware, they make a build for it and they are supporting that build with updates and bug fixes. Google wouldn't licence the Google Apps to them as android<2 is a phone OS and advent don't make phones. They never advertised it as having honeycomb and to be honest it probably wouldn't meet the accepted minimum requirements google would have set due to its 512MB ram. I think Advent/Dixons group are doing a perfectly acceptable job of supporting their budget product.

The Honeycomb build is perfectly usable due to the fact that most of the apps (such as email) are designed for tablet use, running a phone build on a tablet probably dulls the experience of using a tablet quite a lot. And as for the lack of flash making web browsing "text sites" is also a little narrow minded, millions of ipad users would argue otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I use android and not apple products so I can have flash, but the lack of it running within the main browser window is a mere annoyance.

This is a port and a proof of concept, it's slower than a true build, it's buggy, it's missing features and it's in no way pretending to be a perfect port.

Please dont confuse my post with a rant or negativity, im sure its a great port that will only get better

Guest G0OSE

I agree completely, love this forum as I do it is fast becoming a nightmare to find snippets of useful advice etc, people get shot down sometimes for asking a simple question (warranted on most forums) but on here it's not, people simply do not have the time to sift through it all and the search seems to be next to useless sometimes unless you know exactly what to search for (hard to do if you don't know what the problem actually is!).

Added to that all the vegacomb posts (from the various builds) are mostly all in the same thread, when people report a problem you don't even know which version they are using so may be reporting bugs from past builds that no longer are relevant/have been dealt with.

Surely a new thread for a new build/beta is the way to go?

Also very important guides which people have very kindly made are not stickies so disappear 3 pages back til someone makes a new post, when this sort of info ought to be immediatedly viewable at the top, this would save alot of 'help me','my vegas bricked' etc etc posts.

Anyway just an idea.

Thanks again for everyones hard work - lets face it the vega would largely be a white elephant without you guys!

Guest Algie

For those with stability problems with this rom I thought I would throw in my experience.

I've been using my vega all day (searching for holiday) with no lag, force closes or reboot required.

The only difference is that I have installed link2sd, moved all my large apps to 1gb EXT3 partition and now have 117mb free.

Currently on 20hrs uptime.

Thanks to all involved in this project. More beer money on the way when flash working.

Guest jojo69
Out of interest, I'm seeing an awful lot of new faces in this topic, looks like people made new accounts to talk about VegaComb. Are you people who had a Vega and are now interested in modding because of Vegacomb? I have had a few PM's from people who have said that they have bought a Vega because of this ROM, I'm interested to know if that is widespread or just a couple of people? :D

newbe5

I bought my Point of View 2 wks ago, and i'm very happy with it. Hoping for honeycomb.

Now, i'm on my first custom rom, running VegaComb 1.5.1 and its great! :D

Yes, this is beta but its a amazing beta!

Guest ju88a

flash working for Youtube -edit

first up great work for vegacomb teamnewco n team vilian.

So flash player for youtube is working for me I dont know why but I shall say what I did. I received my vega saturday, immediatly installed official 1.10 then proceded to install vegacomb 1.51 Icleared cache but did not factory reset. All went well but had no flash player either in browser or using the youtube app.

Today I decided to try out corus sp1 to see how they compared I reflashed official 1.10 then cleared cache and factory reset then installed corvus sp1. I didnt like it compared to vegacomb so reinstalled official 1.10 cleared cache and factory reset and reinstalled vegacomb 1.51,

Fired up browser it said install flash took me to market installed flash and bam flash works in browser for youtube and youtube app all works perfectly and fullscreen.

As I said not sure what or how but above is my exact proceedure since owning vega.

Hope this is of help to other members.

Peace out

Ju88a

Edited by ju88a

Guest geekinesis

Hi

I didnt get flash working, but location finding using wifi hotspots works - which is a shock as its never worked on my vega with any rom before...although bluetooth doesnt work again so I cant use my wayfinder bluetooth gps yet.

Its all looking very impressive so far though,

thanks for all the work you have done so far

Guest partner2

Not working for me. Are you sure that flash is working? Youtube plays the videos through the application by default. Try accesing to megavideo, please

flash working

So flash is working for me I dont know why but I shall say what I did. I received my vega saturday, immediatly installed official 1.10 then proceded to install vegacomb 1.51 Icleared cache but did not factory reset. All went well but had no flash player either in browser or using the youtube app.

Today I decided to try out corus sp1 to see how they compared I reflashed official 1.10 then cleared cache and factory reset then installed corvus sp1. I didnt like it compared to vegacomb so reinstalled official 1.10 cleared cache and factory reset and reinstalled vegacomb 1.51,

Fired up browser it said install flash took me to market installed flash and bam flash works in browser and youtube app all works perfectly and fullscreen.

As Isaid not sure what or how but above is my exact proceedure since owning vega.

Peace out

Ju88a

Guest mxbob
flash working

So flash is working for me I dont know why but I shall say what I did. I received my vega saturday, immediatly installed official 1.10 then proceded to install vegacomb 1.51 Icleared cache but did not factory reset. All went well but had no flash player either in browser or using the youtube app.

Fired up browser it said install flash took me to market installed flash and bam flash works in browser and youtube app all works perfectly and fullscreen.

As Isaid not sure what or how but above is my exact proceedure since owning vega.

Peace out

Ju88a

when you say in the browser do you mean it actaully appears on webpages not just if you make it fullscreen?

Guest ju88a
Not working for me. Are you sure that flash is working? Youtube plays the videos through the application by default. Try accesing to megavideo, please

No megavideo not working! Youtube works all videos including full screen. I have tested a few sites now and it appears I made a slight error and will edit the post to Youtube fully working not flash.

Thanks

j8

Guest newbe5
flash working

Peace out

Ju88a

Erm... Can you please post a video, or a screenshot? Thanks!

Guest newbe5
No megavideo not working! Youtube works all videos including full screen. I have tested a few sites now and it appears I made a slight error and will edit the post to Youtube fully working not flash.

Thanks

j8

So even the HQ videos in the youtube app work?

Guest ju88a

ok further testing, youtube app does FC occasionally, to get it to function again I need to visit youtube with browser choose a video and it sends me back to app where it will not play the video, if I go back to browser and rechoose video it send me back to youtube app where it plays the video with option for fullscreen which works no prob. If I choose any other video after watching one the app plays it fine.

If I select HQ as an option the video resizes to HQ but then immediatly defaults back to normal quality.

Will keep testing and trying to break or master this app/browser. Other parts of flash do seem to work more to come shortly. Gotta pickup kids from school so will have more reports in an hour or so.

I will be tinkering with this and the ROM to try to get this part working. FYI flash player installed was latest from market 10.3.185.22. I am trying to source flash player 10.2 android if anyone has it lemme know.