[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest mxbob
ok further testing, youtube app does FC occasionally, to get it to function again I need to visit youtube with browser choose a video and it sends me back to app where it will not play the video, if I go back to browser and rechoose video it send me back to youtube app where it plays the video with option for fullscreen which works no prob. If I choose any other video after watching one the app plays it fine.

If I select HQ as an option the video resizes to HQ but then immediatly defaults back to normal quality.

Will keep testing and trying to break or master this app/browser. Other parts of flash do seem to work more to come shortly. Gotta pickup kids from school so will have more reports in an hour or so.

I will be tinkering with this and the ROM to try to get this part working. FYI flash player installed was latest from market 10.3.185.22. I am trying to source flash player 10.2 android if anyone has it lemme know.

flash player 10.2 wont make any difference

ive tried the tegra optimised 10.1 the 10.2 and the 10.3 and all have the same result

i believe its more to do with hardware acceleration not being fully implemented rather than a problem with flash itself

Guest BlackCat^

I know I have mentioned this before but other ROMs for other devices have had identical flash problems as in Vegacomb where flash audio would play but not video and HQ YouTube videos would also not work. From what I gather fixing some file permissions solved this issue for them. Not sure if this applies to Honeycomb though and I'm still trying to discover which files and which permissions to change to see if this does make a difference.

Guest iemand met een pov

Hi guys,

I'm still happy with 1.5.2 works great including 3g. Just a few minors

1. Is there any news on the cam? I would love to try this.

2. GPS seems to be not working. I can enable and disable it but nothing is found, and when I run gps essentials it says "gps disabled" When i then go to settings i see it is turned on....so its not recognized. Probably I just dont know how it works :-) can anyone help ?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Guest winnipeg
Hi guys,

I'm still happy with 1.5.2 works great including 3g. Just a few minors

1. Is there any news on the cam? I would love to try this.

2. GPS seems to be not working. I can enable and disable it but nothing is found, and when I run gps essentials it says "gps disabled" When i then go to settings i see it is turned on....so its not recognized. Probably I just dont know how it works :-) can anyone help ?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Does your device have GPS ? The Vega did not include a GPS receiver.

Guest Yogimax

The Vega doesn't have a GPS chip - the settings are just there in the port that has been modified

Guest ju88a

ok an update, installed flash player 10.2.155.67 and HQ video is working on the youtube app. The HQ has turned blue to signify that it is playing in HQ, the video that I can confirm this working on is Wonderman (feat Ellie GOulding -TinieVEVO) a Tinie Tempo video. It is also playing the HQ video in fullscreen.

I have only just started this second stage of tests and can say that the youtube app still says problem loading video on some vids. It is still the same blank screen in the browser.

Next up is to update this version of flash through the market to 10.3. If I can figure out how to take a screen shot I will upload.

Peace

edit just takin a video proving this working will upload to lol youtube and whack a link on here in a bit!

Edited by ju88a

Guest agolding

ive been having problems with it running at stock, 1.2ghz for example is MASSIVELY faster than 1.0 so ive set an overclock of 1.2 to 1.4 at all times and itsa million times faster, if anyones finding it slow try that

Guest CoWPlagued
ok an update, installed flash player 10.2.155.67 and HQ video is working on the youtube app. The HQ has turned blue to signify that it is playing in HQ, the video that I can confirm this working on is Wonderman (feat Ellie GOulding -TinieVEVO) a Tinie Tempo video. It is also playing the HQ video in fullscreen.

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but this is no different. You have always been able to play hq videos but not hd videos. If it has hd in the thumbnail it won't play, the if you use the youtube website on an hd video and set it to sd it will play fine.

This is the same for html5 vids.

Guest Panayioti

I have only just started this second stage of tests and can say that the youtube app still says problem loading video on some vids. It is still the same blank screen in the browser.

Next up is to update this version of flash through the market to 10.3. If I can figure out how to take a screen shot I will upload.

Peace

edit just takin a video proving this working will upload to lol youtube and whack a link on here in a bit!

Mine plays hq with flash 10.3, i think everyone can play hq its hd that people are having problems with!

Guest Panayioti
Mine plays hq with flash 10.3, i think everyone can play hq its hd that people are having problems with!

Oops cowplagued beat me to it :-)

Guest iemand met een pov
Does your device have GPS ? The Vega did not include a GPS receiver.

Hi

I installed the huawei em770w which has 3g and gps. card is recognized and 3g is working perfct. Gps not yet :-)

Regards,

Andrew

Guest beegee1962
The Vega doesn't have a GPS chip - the settings are just there in the port that has been modified

The Viewpad 10s and some other devices have internal 3G and GPS.

3G works, GPS doesn't, as announced on post #1 of the thread.

Guest buyadroid
1. To buy a product and then expect a company to invest thousands of pounds improving it beyond it's advertised functionality is ridiculous.

2. Companies like Advent sell hardware,

3. to be honest it probably wouldn't meet the accepted minimum requirements google (honeycomb) would have set due to its 512MB ram.

1. In the computer industry this is the norm, see driver updates for newer os on old hardware(nvidia esp). An expectation is out there and the companies has set the bar for consumers. Not the other way around.

2. I see Advent vega as a value added reseller. The hardware is created by foxcon, Many others sell the SAME hardware product. There are merely reselling the product in the UK. They have done a great job in advertising and providing tech support.

3. This is not true. There is no minimum requirements for honeycomb. And the 512mb memory is more than adequate. In fact in the current port, there is more memory still to be freed.

I do not imply Advent Vega is being defective in there product development.

Because the firmware for all the clone devices(Shutlle P10an01 , Advent, POV WSL, etc), is very similar. I think the firmware is created in China by ##### and the individual manufacturers are merely getting a customized firmware version.

I think Google is Strangling the Honeycomb market by it licensing practices. See the other Tablets with Honeycomb support and near identical hardware (created from same ref design). So equal blame goes around here(Chinese manufacturer and Google).

Issues delaying the Honeycomb ports to Cheap Chinese tablets/devices

1. Quite frankly the Chinese would have had a Honeycomb port out by now had it not been for the Google pressure/licencing.

2. I think the Chinese do not want to pay the licensing fee and then have it ported over to old devices and make no profit.

3. Then there is the issue of Fragmentation of the market, which Google needs to deal with. And I think this is the first step(licensing).

4. Ask yourself why is there no market on the Advent Vega OEM firmware.

The Honeycomb port is a awesome free port by community people. They should be praised. This however does not excuse the manufacturers from stepping up to the plate.

Edited by buyadroid

Guest CoWPlagued
1. In the computer industry this is the norm, see driver updates for newer os on old hardware(nvidia esp). An expectation is out there and the companies has set the bar for consumers. Not the other way around.

2. I see Advent vega as a value added reseller. The hardware is created by foxcon, Many others sell the SAME hardware product. There are merely reselling the product in the UK. They have done a great job in advertising and providing tech support.

3. This is not true. There is no minimum requirements for honeycomb. And the 512mb memory is more than adequate. In fact in the current port, there is more memory still to be freed.

I do not imply Advent Vega is being defective in there product development.

. And I think this is the first step(licensing).

This is getting a little off topic. Comparing graphics card manufacturers driver support to the complex job of recompiling source code is completely different. Advent release drivers and updates for their laptops but it's not them doing the hard work it's the os developers and hardware manufacturers doing the hard work and adding features not the reseller like advent.

Google will definitely have a minimum spec of both the hardware and company to protect their product, this is why the vega doesn't have Google apps and why the Honeycomb source hasn't been released, there's no problem at all running it in 512mb but the os may well have been designed with more memory in mind.

On a more topic based question many pages earlier some had posted the errors kicked out by plugging in a usb webcam, showing that the same errors were produced by the both the international camera and webcam. Do specific webcams work on the native honeycomb tablets? If this is a driver issue it may be easier to try and get a webcam working first and then try and trouble shoot the internal

Guest Lennyuk

The vega doesn't have google apps as no android tablet with less than android 3.0 had google apps (except the galaxy tab...) google didn't want phone apps on a tablet screen giving android a bad name.

That is it.

There is no minimum spec for honeycomb, it will work on whatever it works on, as soon as AOSP is out for this or Ice-Cream Sandwhich there will be loads of low spec devices with the OS.

It doesn't take that much time to compile roms from source really, if it did then you would not get so many people doing it for free and in just their spare time as you can see on Xda and Modaco.

Yes 3.0 was probably designed with more memory in mind, but google have said they do not wish to limit any OS to specific hardware, of course there will come a time when it won't run on lower memory but 3.0 still runs perfectly fine on 512mb and that is on a unfinished port.

I don't think the camera is a driver issue, I may be wrong as I have not spoken to Newbe5 and HomerSp about the camera (trying to get flash working first).

Guest CoWPlagued
Anyone had any luck with flash yet? Other than clicking the invisible full screen button.

um.. look up

I don't think the camera is a driver issue, I may be wrong as I have not spoken to Newbe5 and HomerSp about the camera (trying to get flash working first).

if people want to see what's working and not just check the first page of the main thread -

http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthread.php?453

As soon as something like flash is working I'm sure there'll be another youtube video prior to the release, and people can join the twitter feed rather than ask questions about progress here.

Guest daveleebond

Bluetooth - does it work? Yes I have searched and the question has been asked but cannot find a definitive answer, also not as a broken item on the tabletroms page. It just scans but does not find anything also when made discoverable do not show up on any devices to be paired.

I have turned on/off several times rebooted, cleared cache, but alas still no joy, not mega important just use it for wiimote and gps do-hickey.

Edited by daveleebond

Guest Panayioti
was this project abandoned?

From Newbe5's tweet " Nope, it hasn't :D I'm ill at the moment, spent most of the past couple of days in bed, and homer is away for the weekend!"