[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest newbe5
i cant get 3G working, rebooted several times not getting any and signal bars and cant search for a network

anyone have it working?

This is in 1.6? It was working in 1.5.2?

Guest windin101
This is in 1.6? It was working in 1.5.2?

working fine since 1.4 but not in 1.6

I should mention it is a dongle not integrated, i will carry on testing

good work though a marked performance improvement over 1.5.2 and i had that clocked at 1.5ghz this is running much better at only 1.2ghz

Guest siki1983
i cant get 3G working, rebooted several times not getting any and signal bars and cant search for a network

anyone have it working?

i also can't get 3G working... ;)

Guest siki1983

anyone have it working?

i also can't get 3G working... ;)

Guest remlap

iPlayer flash closes soon as I try to play anything with it.

Bluetooth still won't connect in 1.6 for me whatever I try, I did a fresh install so my tablet would be clean.

Faster without need to overclock which is brilliant!

Guest jonn sz
iPlayer flash closes soon as I try to play anything with it.

Bluetooth still won't connect in 1.6 for me whatever I try, I did a fresh install so my tablet would be clean.

Faster without need to overclock which is brilliant!

release notes say iplayer doesn't work still

Guest phil8715

Added a seperate download for an EXPERIMENTAL FlashPlayer hack. This hack unfortunately does not fix flash video playback on most sites (YouTube and BBC iPlayer do not work for example, but the small videos on the Yahoo news website do). What this hack DOES fix, is most other Flash applications, such as web games etc. Using this patched version of Flash, Kongregate Arcade should work correctly, as well as other apps such as Zoodles Kid Mode that use flash within the application to play games. Please use this at your own risk and report the results! Trying to play flash video using this patched version WILL crash your browser, you have been warned.

Is that just for that app or would it work across sites like Facebook where theres some flash games? which I can play on the R8 rom at the moment?

Guest phil8715

Added a seperate download for an EXPERIMENTAL FlashPlayer hack. This hack unfortunately does not fix flash video playback on most sites (YouTube and BBC iPlayer do not work for example, but the small videos on the Yahoo news website do). What this hack DOES fix, is most other Flash applications, such as web games etc. Using this patched version of Flash, Kongregate Arcade should work correctly, as well as other apps such as Zoodles Kid Mode that use flash within the application to play games. Please use this at your own risk and report the results! Trying to play flash video using this patched version WILL crash your browser, you have been warned.

Is that just for that app or would it work across sites like Facebook where theres some flash games? which I can play on the R8 rom at the moment?

Apologies for the double posting. My Home slowband is playing up ;)

Edited by phil8715

Guest newbe5

I haven't tested with facebook games, but yes, this potentially could work.

Guest windin101

one good thing is location based services now seem to be working, its picked up where i am based on my router which was not working before

this could mean that if the 3G is fixed GPS may be working

Guest spacecadetuk

nice work again guys, seems nice and smooth so far, most things i've tried are working ok, thanks for the continued efforts. I think my Vega may have gone by now if it wasn't for your hard work on improving the usability and releasing these ROMS to keep me playing with it, thanks again.

By the way if anyone's interested, Maxthon Mobile Browser for 10" Tablets works really well with this and is nice and fast.

Guest newbe5
one good thing is location based services now seem to be working, its picked up where i am based on my router which was not working before

It doesn't surprise me that I have broken 3G again, I don't have one to test with ;) Rebel1 is probably the best person to ask about this as he has fixed it in the past.

Guest pillowshot
It doesn't surprise me that I have broken 3G again, I don't have one to test with ;) Rebel1 is probably the best person to ask about this as he has fixed it in the past.

Hey newbe5,

Can you, or anyone else, just check to see if wallpaper setting is working properly?

For some reason I can see any of the default wallpapers and making a random selection results in a FC.

Cheers

Guest lambrettalad

I have installed this over Corvus5 using CWM and this runs lovely, smooth and quick.

I havent tried it with all my apps but it seems ok.

The apps I really want to try it with is my moboplayer and rockplayer but again I cannot get this to open the folders my external HDD, its weird.

Its a 250gb seagate freeagent goflex, formatted fat32

The folder are all seen by the vega but they have 0kb size and are greyed out, when you click on them it responds with 'file does not exist'

Its frustrating, I had the same issue with 1.5

Has anyone got any ideas?

Edited by lambrettalad

Guest premieral
I have installed this over Corvus5 using CWM and this runs lovely, smooth and quick.

I havent tried it with all my apps but it seems ok.

The apps I really want to try it with is my moboplayer and rockplayer but again I cannot get this to open the folders my external HDD, its weird.

The folder are all seen by the vega but they have 0kb size and are greyed out, when you click on them it responds with 'file does not exist'

Its frustrating.

Has anyone got any ideas?

does moboplayer find the files on your vega ok?

Guest lambrettalad
does moboplayer find the files on your vega ok?

I'll give it a go and see what happens,

I also have music and PDF files on the HDD, these were all recognised with Corvus5 mmmmm ;)

Guest premieral

geolocation always worked for me on this rom

Guest premieral
I'll give it a go and see what happens,

I also have music and PDF files on the HDD, these were all recognised with Corvus5 mmmmm ;)

its obviously something to do with this rom then, why dont you just do two backups in cwm and have 1 for watching movies etc ( corvus5 backup) and 1 for playing ( vegacomb) then just keep restoring when you need one or the other, not a fix but it is a workaround of sorts.

have you tried cm7 and see if the same thing happens with that rom?

Guest phil8715

Just installed VegaComb 1.6 beta, and its brilliant. The games on Facebook do play, albeit a little slow.

I am actually my using my Vega to post this message on this forum.

Just need BBC iPlayer to work for me and it will be a complete rom. IMHO Vegacomb is useable as a day to day rom.

Guest rebel1
It doesn't surprise me that I have broken 3G again, I don't have one to test with :P Rebel1 is probably the best person to ask about this as he has fixed it in the past.

Hi, I look on it when I back from work. ;)

cu. Rebel1

Guest lambrettalad
its obviously something to do with this rom then, why dont you just do two backups in cwm and have 1 for watching movies etc ( corvus5 backup) and 1 for playing ( vegacomb) then just keep restoring when you need one or the other, not a fix but it is a workaround of sorts.

have you tried cm7 and see if the same thing happens with that rom?

After the same problem with 1.5 I flashed back to Corvus5, I had hoped that it might be different in 1.6.

cm7 is that pauls rom?

Guest spachal

Hi, during update 1.5.2 > 1.6, is it necessary to wipe data (cache), or all apps and data will be still there in tablet after upgrade? Thanks for info, have a nice weekend! :]