[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest newbe5
Hi, during update 1.5.2 > 1.6, is it necessary to wipe data (cache), or all apps and data will be still there in tablet after upgrade? Thanks for info, have a nice weekend! :]

TBH, you probably don't need to wipe anything, but might be worth wiping dalvik just in case ;)

Guest premieral
After the same problem with 1.5 I flashed back to Corvus5, I had hoped that it might be different in 1.6.

cm7 is that pauls rom?

Sorry mate been away, no it is cyanogen mod rom that is based on gingerbread, so a step up from corvus and a step down from vegacomb so to speak ;) . If you google xda advent vega you will find it or search on this forum add.the bad started a thread linking to it

Guest lambrettalad
Sorry mate been away, no it is cyanogen mod rom that is based on gingerbread, so a step up from corvus and a step down from vegacomb so to speak ;) . If you google xda advent vega you will find it or search on this forum add.the bad started a thread linking to it

Cheers ta

I'll search for it now and give it a go :P

Guest Panayioti

Great improvement from 1.5 but just some small problems but i still appreciate that this is beta anyway the first problem is that you choose the picture frame widget , choose a photo but it doesnt show show any widget on the screen and second the youtube widget is 4x1 which shows the widget as cropped and is halfed in size.

Edit reflashed and shows the widget as 3x2 which looks better but i think the original one is 4x2

Edited by Panayioti

Guest winnipeg

Hi,

Thanks for another Fablous, Fabulous Release. ;)

First time flashed over stock 1.10 Modaco R8 Got forced closes, but worked later.

Had a file not found error wiping Dalvik tried 2 or 3 times.

Flashed back to Stock 1.10 installed clockwork – Installed 1.6 No force close’s and Bluetooth paired to a Wayfinder GPS not tested further.

Not had time to check anymore but seems Very good.

(Hope Mr Jobs is not influencing anything………. :P )

Thanks very much

Guest SWOriginal

Great improvements, only problem is the YouTube app now, why is everything low quality? There was never a problem with HQ only problems with HD

Guest moghm

Developers, you are getting really close with this. Honestly, 1.6 seems faster than xoom and asus tablets that i have used. For some reason though, wallpaper cannot be changed, i get a force close. This was working before.

Guest Panayioti
Great improvements, only problem is the YouTube app now, why is everything low quality? There was never a problem with HQ only problems with HD

Now thats being fussy :-) and i think newbe was meant to say HD but might be wrong.

Guest newbe5
Now thats being fussy :-) and i think newbe was meant to say HD but might be wrong.

Yea, totally meant HD :P Basically, everything is forced to low quality for now. It's a bit of a messy hack, but at least it allows you to watch all of the videos until we can get it properly sorted! ;)

Guest dragon2611
Developers, you are getting really close with this. Honestly, 1.6 seems faster than xoom and asus tablets that i have used. For some reason though, wallpaper cannot be changed, i get a force close. This was working before.

Seems to change ok for me, Running 1.6 from the 1.5 > 1.6 patch

Cleared cache before update but did not wipe.

Guest remlap
Yea, totally meant HD :P Basically, everything is forced to low quality for now. It's a bit of a messy hack, but at least it allows you to watch all of the videos until we can get it properly sorted! ;)

I am still getting bluetooth problems, is it the same for people who did a patch update, it finds the device fine but refuses to connect after pairing.

I am itching to get my little bluetooth keyboard working.

Amazing work mate.

Guest moghm
Seems to change ok for me, Running 1.6 from the 1.5 > 1.6 patch

Cleared cache before update but did not wipe.

I did wipe of everything and clean install of 1.6. Will try it again. Must say this is a rapid version now.

Guest winnipeg

Sorry if this is noted elsewhere, Market failed to work.

- Applications -Force Close (Market) -Clear All Data....

Now working ;)

Edit:

Just to add:

Tested the Wayfinder GPS Bluetooth device following trevor432990 instructions to the letter (Thanks Trevor :P )

Seems to work OK found my location and could get directions, So Bluetooth seems good. Could not test Audio over Bluetooth.

My experience for anyone trying GPS / Bluetooth

The 'GPS OnOff' from Curve Fish behaved a bit strangely - adding it as a widget enabled the GPS info to be passed to maps when added it was in the "on" state

Turning it off had no effect and the only way to set it back to "on" was to re-add it. After a reboot it was on anyway.

Edited by winnipeg

Guest mre15

have had a play with the dpi tool, works fine but still hasnt fixed the problem I have.

My kids love the Kids mode app, worked fine on all other roms than honeycomb, yes the flash bit is now sorted but the game selection pages are still a problem.

It should show a grid of 3 x 3 games, but you get 3 x 2 and a bit. Thought the dpi was to blame but didnt help. Oh well.

Any other ideas before the kids force me back to corvus 5.

Market no problems, and wallpaper no problems, after upgrade from 1.5.2 with no clearing of anything.

Edited by mre15

Guest shingers5

This is a pure genius and much improved over 1.5.2 way better. I went for full version 1.6 instead of update patch. Youtube is very welcome aaddition and i applaud it. Thanks newbe man for your hard work. I have had a few freezes wen plug in charger needing rebooting. Not sure why but its happenedd twice on lockscreen

Guest steve61a

Thanks for the update, it's getting very close.

Flashed the full version of 1.6 after wiping data, cache and dalvik cache. Much faster than 1.5.2 and seems to get smoother after running for a couple of minutes. However, to me screen sensitivity at the top of the screen seems worse than in 1.5.x and default wallpapers have disappeared.

Guest spacecadetuk
Thanks for the update, it's getting very close.

Flashed the full version of 1.6 after wiping data, cache and dalvik cache. Much faster than 1.5.2 and seems to get smoother after running for a couple of minutes. However, to me screen sensitivity at the top of the screen seems worse than in 1.5.x and default wallpapers have disappeared.

+1 for screen sensitivity at the top of the screen, at the very top right mine seems like a total dead zone also getting a few fc's when using the stock browser and a bit of lag when typing but i think that only happens when its doing something in the background ie checking emails etc but minor niggles aside working well

Guest unclebob31

Help.

Clean install of 1.6, factory wipe, cleared caches, CWM install from SD card.

Market comes up.

Select Titanium Backup...

Comes up in download queue and then sits there, as does all the other apps I have tried.

Pulling my hair out now.

Tried the Force Close, Wipe Data ...

What else can I do??

Thanks

UB31

Guest simonta
Help.

Clean install of 1.6, factory wipe, cleared caches, CWM install from SD card.

Market comes up.

Select Titanium Backup...

Comes up in download queue and then sits there, as does all the other apps I have tried.

Pulling my hair out now.

Tried the Force Close, Wipe Data ...

What else can I do??

Thanks

UB31

It's a tough one. I would recommend, painful as it is, to always flash the stock ROM first, then install 1.6. When you wipe caches, do you also wipe Dalvik cache?

Guest jinkyjim

Just flashed 1.6 and overclocked cpu to 1.5 and wow its super smooth,

Everything works well, market, games, browser, only thing's missing are flash and camera.

I never use the camera so its no big deal.

Thanks,

Jim

Edited by jinkyjim