[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest HypoTurtle
have been using corvus5 which is great (before that i was using VC 1.4 which installed fine), but as part of installing 1.7 I installed VegaModdedStock which removed corvus5.

I take it your using the full 1.7 and not just the update? Seems a strange problem, try installing 1.6 and applying the 1.7 patch to see if that works.

On another note is anyone elses youtube widget 4 x 1? I have the full 4 x 3 on the desktop so not an issue really just a little strange.

Also still have an issue with the soft home button not registering any operation (it glows to show its been pressed but does nothing), any one know if there is an option somewhere that I've forgot about for soft key mapping? Or can point me towards files that I may have altered the permissions on accidentally that may have caused this issue (if there are multiple files just forget about it and I'll flash the whole thing). Again not much of an issue as I have the home/power hard button but still...

Guest premieral
Quick checkin....

Backed up (Nandriod), installed 1.10mod then Vegacomb 1.7. Working OK but have had 2 lockups that needed device reset; movies (MP4) not playing with Moboplayer or mVideoPlayer so decided to revert to Corvus5 backup

BUT when I try and restore, MD5 failure so can't restore !! Not sure if this is because the system / data partition size has changed as a result on 1.10MOD or if the files have become corrupted but it looks like I can't recover to Corvus5 backup that I did a few hours ago.

Can anyone (a) confirm it's because of the changed partition sizes and / or (:blink: advise how how I can ignore the MD5 error & restore.

TIA

does reflashing stock reset the partition size?

Guest MaxiP
does reflashing stock reset the partition size?

I'm assuming that if I flash with Advent 1.10, the partition sizes will be reset BUT it does mean than anyone who did a backup before 1.10MOD may not be able to recover, even if they haven't installed VegaComb.

I will wait a little bit for any more comments then flash Advent 1.10 and try to restore.

PS - full 1.7 install, CPU at 1400

Edited by MaxiP

Guest nickj76
I take it your using the full 1.7 and not just the update? Seems a strange problem, try installing 1.6 and applying the 1.7 patch to see if that works.

Yep using the full 1.7 and i only get the backlight. 1.5 & 1.6 never worked on my vega, I always assumed that i was doing something wrong. funny as 1.4 always worked fine.

Guest HypoTurtle
Yep using the full 1.7 and i only get the backlight. 1.5 & 1.6 never worked on my vega, I always assumed that i was doing something wrong. funny as 1.4 always worked fine.

And as well as caches your also performing a factory reset/full wipe?

Guest English Patriot
If you have previously flashed ModdedStock, that means it is your new BASE, so you can just flash VC1.7 right away. Basically, the LAST TIME you restored from nVflash needs to have been using ModdedStock. Once you have done this, you don't ever have to do it again unless you restore using the standard 1.10 image from myadventvega.co.uk.

newbe5

Help! I've flashed the ModdedStock via nVflash which went ok & then rebooted & went into recovery. I then installed the 1.6 - 1.7 update which all appeared to go ok. I now however have a dead Vega - it will not boot, the screen just flashes & when I try to use nVflash my PC just says "USB device not found press enter to continue".

Any suggestions most appreciated as I haven't a clue where to go from here.

Thanks

:blink:

Bad form to reply to my own post - sorry, but managed to get back to nVflash finally!! (could tell when device was on or off but remembered hold power button for 6 secs & it will definately be off then, even if it won't boot to begin with!)

My faith that the Vega is nigh on unbrickable is back!

Edited by English Patriot

Guest newbe5

On another note is anyone elses youtube widget 4 x 1? I have the full 4 x 3 on the desktop so not an issue really just a little strange.

Also still have an issue with the soft home button not registering any operation (it glows to show its been pressed but does nothing), any one know if there is an option somewhere that I've forgot about for soft key mapping? Or can point me towards files that I may have altered the permissions on accidentally that may have caused this issue (if there are multiple files just forget about it and I'll flash the whole thing). Again not much of an issue as I have the home/power hard button but still...

Please check to see if you have SetupWizard.apk in /system/app . If this file is missing the lockscreen and the Home button will not work.

If this is not there, it means it has been missed by the install for some reason, possibly in the same way as the person who noted the lack of Music app. Could you guys please try reflashing ModdedStock and then flashing the FULL 1.7 installer and let me know if this helps?

Thanks!

newbe5

Guest premieral
Help! I've flashed the ModdedStock via nVflash which went ok & then rebooted & went into recovery. I then installed the 1.6 - 1.7 update which all appeared to go ok. I now however have a dead Vega - it will not boot, the screen just flashes & when I try to use nVflash my PC just says "USB device not found press enter to continue".

Any suggestions most appreciated as I haven't a clue where to go from here.

Thanks

:blink:

daft question im sure but did you restore your backup to vegacomb 1.6 before you ran the update 1.6 - 1.7 patch?

Guest Adam:)

hey guys, i hav a slight problem,

well basically, i tried to update 1.6 to the modded stock rom, but wen i double click it, it dosent start the flashing in the cmd prompt box, but instead it asks if i want to run it?

i hav android adb interface and the nvidia boot usb devices in device manager, but it wont do it, this is the third time i was gonna flash bk to stock.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Adam.

Guest lilmonkey

Sorry for the "stupid" question.

I have been using Vegacomb since the initial Beta, but only using ClockworkMod to install (the beta that needed the larger partition I skipped).

How do i go about installing this version?

I assume that i cannot use CWM anymore?

Sorry if its a stupid question, but i couldn;t see any detailed instructions for people who have only used CWM before.

Cheers

Guest English Patriot
daft question im sure but did you restore your backup to vegacomb 1.6 before you ran the update 1.6 - 1.7 patch?

Bloomin' good question but of course not! (mental note to self make sure I do next time) fixed now though but thanks anyway premieral.

Guest Adam:)

I have been using Vegacomb since the initial Beta, but only using ClockworkMod to install (the beta that needed the larger partition I skipped).

Sorry if its a stupid question, but i couldn;t see any detailed instructions for people who have only used CWM before.

Cheers

I 2nd that^^

Guest xathras
Quick checkin....

Backed up (Nandriod), installed 1.10mod then Vegacomb 1.7. Working OK but have had 2 lockups that needed device reset; movies (MP4) not playing with Moboplayer or mVideoPlayer so decided to revert to Corvus5 backup

BUT when I try and restore, MD5 failure so can't restore !! Not sure if this is because the system / data partition size has changed as a result on 1.10MOD or if the files have become corrupted but it looks like I can't recover to Corvus5 backup that I did a few hours ago.

Can anyone (a) confirm it's because of the changed partition sizes and / or (:blink: advise how how I can ignore the MD5 error & restore.

TIA

Because the partition sizes have changed you will not be be able to restore from a nandroid backup unless your previous system was small enough to fit into the new smaller partition. In other words you must have had at least 30MB empty space (and probably a bit more) in your previous setup for this to work.

You cannot "ignore" an MD5 error.

Guest MaxiP

Thanks xathras - basically, I'm screwed then as the 'old' image won't fit in the new partition size, hence the error being generated.

Ah well, back to Advent 1.10 then Corvus5 restore......

Guest spacecadetuk

awesome work guys, thanks to everyone who had input into this, works superbly, started from scratch so it was like starting with a new tablet and everything went ok. Just spent the last hour or so getting it how i like it and downloading all my stuff and much to my delight no problems with anything yet, just about the finished article for my use.

Super smooth and totally fantastic, really makes the vega feel like a much more expensive device. Thanks again. :blink:

Guest winterknife

Hi all, first post ....... anyway.

I have been on Corvus5 since I got my vega a few months ago and after seeing 1.7 running in the youtube video I thought it might be time to jump on board.

Well I can't get my PC ( Win7 32bit ) to see my vega when trying to nvflash to modified stock 1.10.

I have downloaded the advent usb restore drivers, followed the button press sequence, Win7 automatically installs base drivers.

So I point the computer to the downloaded advent drivers, it then asks me to select from a number of different devices (Android composite, nvidia composite, nvidia fastboot, nvidia restore usb mobile device).

I have chosen the latter, it shows up in device manager as have been installed as such but neither stock update or modified stock can see the device.

Help peeps!! I am pulling my hair out.

Do I need to download google sdk adb drivers or something else?

p.s. win7 is installing the webcam on the vega as a usb acer webcam?

Failing all else a download link to vegacomb 1.6 would help.

Guest rebeldx
Please check to see if you have SetupWizard.apk in /system/app . If this file is missing the lockscreen and the Home button will not work.

If this is not there, it means it has been missed by the install for some reason, possibly in the same way as the person who noted the lack of Music app. Could you guys please try reflashing ModdedStock and then flashing the FULL 1.7 installer and let me know if this helps?

Thanks!

newbe5

ok i reflashed moddedstock rom, then flashed the full 1.7 (non updated), and the music app works, as does the home button and the lock screen :blink:

happy days

thanks dude:)

Guest xathras
So I point the computer to the downloaded advent drivers, it then asks me to select from a number of different devices (Android composite, nvidia composite, nvidia fastboot, nvidia restore usb mobile device).

I have chosen the latter, it shows up in device manager as have been installed as such but neither stock update or modified stock can see the device.

I haven't tried this yet (waiting to see what problems other folks have), but I would have tried "Android composite device" first. Did you try the other options?

Guest MaxiP
Thanks xathras - basically, I'm screwed then as the 'old' image won't fit in the new partition size, hence the error being generated.

Ah well, back to Advent 1.10 then Corvus5 restore......

Hmmmmm - re-flashed Advent 1.10 and tried to restore. BOTH my Corvus5 backups are giving me a MD5 mismatch error now so it looks like it's a complete wipe & re-install.

Frustrating.........

Guest newbe5
ok i reflashed moddedstock rom, then flashed the full 1.7 (non updated), and the music app works, as does the home button and the lock screen :blink:

happy days

thanks dude:)

Phew! You panicked me that I had screwed something up pretty badly! Really glad you got it all working man! Enjoy VegaComb!

newbe5

Guest casey99
Hi all, first post ....... anyway.

I have been on Corvus5 since I got my vega a few months ago and after seeing 1.7 running in the youtube video I thought it might be time to jump on board.

Well I can't get my PC ( Win7 32bit ) to see my vega when trying to nvflash to modified stock 1.10.

I have downloaded the advent usb restore drivers, followed the button press sequence, Win7 automatically installs base drivers.

Help peeps!! I am pulling my hair out.

Do I need to download google sdk adb drivers or something else?

p.s. win7 is installing the webcam on the vega as a usb acer webcam?

Failing all else a download link to vegacomb 1.6 would help.

If you are having problems with installing the correct drivers maybe you should try this link

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...iver-installer/

It automatically sorts out and installs the correct drivers, I haven't used it but many on these forums recommend it.

Guest HypoTurtle

Thanks!

newbe5

Na, the apk is there (I reinstalled it and rebooted but still no joy), i'll reflash the full 1.7 and edit this post (avoid the clutter), it should fix it (this wasn't a 1.7 issue I had it in 1.6 as well so figured I'd messed something up).

Cheers

Simple run down and checks

1) make sure you have at least 30MB of internal memory free, have a look in titanium backup or something similar. (If you want to restore)

2) download Newbe5's new stock image (it has it's own thread)

3) boot into cwm and create a nandroid backup, shouldn't be a problem restoring

4) put the vega into NV recovery (back-power/back-back combo)

5) connect the usb and run the modded stock image (with nice newbe5 icon)

6) reboot vega and reboot into CWM (preinstalled on modded stock image)

7) restore 1.6 data (or select full 1.7 image)

8) if restored 1.6 (I'd reboot first then boot back into CWM) select 1.6 to 1.7 patch and update

9) enjoy the new boot screen (seems a bit of a shame as now it's more stable there'll be less need to reboot/switch off)

Guest HypoTurtle
Hmmmmm - re-flashed Advent 1.10 and tried to restore. BOTH my Corvus5 backups are giving me a MD5 mismatch error now so it looks like it's a complete wipe & re-install.

Frustrating.........

Have a try at advanced restore to restore each part separately to see if you can pick up which MD5 sum is corrupt (you may be able to save /data)

Guest lilmonkey
Na, the apk is there (I reinstalled it and rebooted but still no joy), i'll reflash the full 1.7 and edit this post (avoid the clutter), it should fix it (this wasn't a 1.7 issue I had it in 1.6 as well so figured I'd messed something up).

Simple run down and checks

1) make sure you have at least 30MB of internal memory free, have a look in titanium backup or something similar. (If you want to restore)

2) download Newbe5's new stock image (it has it's own thread)

3) boot into cwm and create a nandroid backup, shouldn't be a problem restoring

4) put the vega into NV recovery (back-power/back-back combo)

5) connect the usb and run the modded stock image (with nice newbe5 icon)

6) reboot vega and reboot into CWM (preinstalled on modded stock image)

7) restore 1.6 data (or select full 1.7 image)

8) if restored 1.6 (I'd reboot first then boot back into CWM) select 1.6 to 1.7 patch and update

9) enjoy the new boot screen (seems a bit of a shame as now it's more stable there'll be less need to reboot/switch off)

Thanks a lot.

I had a "wobble" and was scared of bricking my Vega.

In the end i just bit the bullet and installed the new stock ROM (easy enough), then rebooted into CWM and applied the full update.

Only thing I was missing was the Nandroid backup, i don;t seem to have that :huh:

Instruction on installing / using Nandroid would would useful.

Thanks to all for your help, and super special thanks to Newbie, Brucelee666, Rebel etc for their dedication and hard work on this great ROM.

Thanks guys :blink: