[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest Yogimax

Thanks for this ROM but I want to go back to Corvus5 and I used Recovery and reinstalled Corvus5 I am getting 100s of "Sorry The processandroid.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" notices - any ideas?

Did you flash the modded stock ROM first before migrating to 1.7? This changed the partition sizes on your Vega from the standard.

You can't recover straight back to Corvus5 from 1.7 without setting the sizes back. Flash the stock 1.10 rom to set the sizes, then try restoring to Corvus5

Guest Andy GG

Did you flash the modded stock ROM first before migrating to 1.7? This changed the partition sizes on your Vega from the standard.

You can't recover straight back to Corvus5 from 1.7 without setting the sizes back. Flash the stock 1.10 rom to set the sizes, then try restoring to Corvus5

Ahhh I thought once I had flashed the modded stock I could still just downgrade. All working again now after flashing stock then Corvus5.

Is there anyway to keep a version of Clokwork mod on the Vega even between flashes etc as that way the back up within it would be really useful but as it is if things break you need to start flash several roms to get back to the point where you can see the back ups in recovery?

Guest Yogimax

Ahhh I thought once I had flashed the modded stock I could still just downgrade. All working again now after flashing stock then Corvus5.

Is there anyway to keep a version of Clokwork mod on the Vega even between flashes etc as that way the back up within it would be really useful but as it is if things break you need to start flash several roms to get back to the point where you can see the back ups in recovery?

Your nandroid backups will still work, as long as the partitions sizes they are created for match up.

I am in the same position as you - I upgraded to 1.7 via the modded stock rom, then wanted to go back to corvus5. However, I went back to a wiped and empty version and then restored my applications and settings using Titanium Backup. This means that to try out 1.8 I won't need to reflash the modded stock again.

Edited by Yogimax

Guest Andy GG

Ok so just to confirm:

A back up via clockwork mod of Vegacomb 1.7 that I did and configured etc would be ok to restore even if I was using clockwork mod on Corvus5 - the back up would have saved the modded boot?

Guest Yogimax

Ok so just to confirm:

A back up via clockwork mod of Vegacomb 1.7 that I did and configured etc would be ok to restore even if I was using clockwork mod on Corvus5 - the back up would have saved the modded boot?

No - the partition sizes are not contained in the backup. They have to be set by flashing the modded stock.

If however you have the modded stock sizes in place and have installed Corvus5 from clean and then reinstalled your apps and data, you would be ok. A backup of this (using the modded partition sizes) can be swapped with that of 1.7 easily.

Guest Adam:)

Do u guys think that vegacomb could be as fast as it is on other devices?

cos atm, mine is sometimes quite slow...

maybe its just mine

Guest Andy GG

Do u guys think that vegacomb could be as fast as it is on other devices?

cos atm, mine is sometimes quite slow...

maybe its just mine

I would recommend Corvus5 with Sp1 as it sems to be the perfect mix of features and stability for me.

I would recommend Corvus5 with Sp1 as it sems to be the perfect mix of features and stability for me.

yeh i was thinking about flashing bk to corvus, as i used to have it, and it was really fast and stable.

but i love HC, but i might flash back, and put the honeycomb theme on.

Guest MikhailM

Actually I did restore from VC 1.7 to Corvus5 + SP1 for a while and it worked OK. (Needed to extract some of the apps I had installed while using that Rom). But I wiped Data, Cache and Dalvik before restoring.

Now back with Vegacomb 1.7!

MikhailM

Guest MikhailM

yeh i was thinking about flashing bk to corvus, as i used to have it, and it was really fast and stable.

but i love HC, but i might flash back, and put the honeycomb theme on.

If you do a clean installation by wiping data, cache and Dalvik each time you flash the roms and first install stockmodded rom v1.10, then wipe again and install VC 1.7 from your SD, install CPU Master or SetCPU and get the CPU running at 1200 or 1400, you will find VC 1.7 almost as fast as Corvus 5 + SP1 and as fast as it is on Xoom or Acer Iconia.

I have not measured this scientifically or using speed software, just trying the tablets out manually. There is no percievable difference in response.

The only difference at present is that the camera still does not work and for the web you have to use Opera. Which is fine with me. The other benefits outway the shortcomings!

MikhailM.

Guest Andy GG

The only difference at present is that the camera still does not work and for the web you have to use Opera. Which is fine with me. The other benefits outway the shortcomings!

MikhailM.

What are the main benefits would you say? I couldn't really see much but it was slow although as I didn't mess with setCPU or similar.

Guest MikhailM

I use MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition from my desktop PC and, it is free but you could donate a small amount to the developers if you wish, it does what you need with ease and a good GUI. As both partitions are primary then the one you have created for your games and apps etc will not be visible when placed in your Vega (nor the PC) but can be used by Link2SD to move your software to the SD card as required.

Thank you, Dibbles,

I have managed to get it working with the SD card having been partitioned using CWM (too impatient to wait for helpful replies!). However, when I install some apps (AntTex App Manager for one) it is automatically installed on USB storage, which then gives the FC issue. However, I then found, that if I then transfer the app to the tablet, then use Link2SD to transfer it back to the SD, it now goes into the other partitioned part and no longer causes FC issues on boot.

I will check out your suggested program.

MikhailM

Guest MikhailM

What are the main benefits would you say? I couldn't really see much but it was slow although as I didn't mess with setCPU or similar.

It is a matter of personal preference really. The Vegacomb is designed for tablets and the few apps, which are optimised for Honeycomb run properly on VC 1.7.

Try it with a clean installation, as suggested and try adjusting the CPU. If you do not like it, you can always go back to C5. I certainly find VC 1.7 as fast as anything I have tried.

MikhailM.

hey guys, ive tried to get setcpu off of xda as im a member, and when i download it, it says theres no application the support it?

any help please.

(running vc 1.7)

thanks

Adam:)

Guest premieral

hey guys, ive tried to get setcpu off of xda as im a member, and when i download it, it says theres no application the support it?

any help please.

(running vc 1.7)

thanks

Adam:)

Hi Adam

can't help with that but why not try CPU,master free from market I find it more reliable than setcpu

Guest Paul K

Finally got my ass in gear and loaded Vegacomb ................ loving it already.

Looking forward to the next update, esp if it gets Flash working.

Guest premieral

Finally got my ass in gear and loaded Vegacomb ................ loving it already.

Looking forward to the next update, esp if it gets Flash working.

flash works fine in opera Paul

Guest Yogimax

Just tweeted from newbe5 following the announcement of the breakthrough with the Adam HC rom http://tabletroms.co...n-Kernel-2.6.36:

"So, the Vega has a semi-working .36 kernel which is now booting fully-accelerated Android :) Totally not working fully yet, but flash works!"

Credits for the kernel given to Eduardo and rebel1 by newbe5

Fully hardware accelerated VegaComb here we come :D

Edited by Yogimax

Guest Paul K

Just tweeted from newbe5 following the announcement of the breakthrough with the Adam HC rom http://tabletroms.co...n-Kernel-2.6.36:

"So, the Vega has a semi-working .36 kernel which is now booting fully-accelerated Android :) Totally not working fully yet, but flash works!"

Fully hardware accelerated VegaComb here we come :D

Looks like I moved to this ROM just in time cool.gif

Guest jegupi

This is a hashtag from tabler roms in twitter "tabletroms tabletroms Got Newbe5 an Adam coming to help further development, but he is getting hit with charges. If anyone can afford to donate a few $ to him...."

Guest Yogimax

This is a hashtag from tabler roms in twitter "tabletroms tabletroms Got Newbe5 an Adam coming to help further development, but he is getting hit with charges. If anyone can afford to donate a few $ to him...."

Beer tokens already on their way... :D

Guest phil8715

I have noticed that 9/10 times it boots up with a screen freeze not being able to unlock the screen.

I also installed the hackers keyboard started using it but it's pants the screen keeps freezing making a quick email I am firing off into a long a tortuous ordeal and often wonder should I have not bothered and do the email on my netbook instead.

Also I am now having to manually connect my wifi each time I switch it on.

Think I'll go reflash back to R8.

Edited by phil8715

Guest unclebob31

I have noticed that 9/10 times it boots up with a screen freeze not being able to unlock the screen.

I also installed the hackers keyboard started using it but it's pants the screen keeps freezing making a quick email I am firing off into a long a tortuous ordeal and often wonder should I have not bothered and do the email on my netbook instead.

Also I am now having to manually connect my wifi each time I switch it on.

Think I'll go reflash back to R8.

Hi

I found if you don't touch the screen whilst booting this rarely if ever happens.

Good luck

UB31