[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest xathras

Hide/Show the Honeycomb status bar

I stumbled upon this thread on toggling the Honeycomb staus bar at Tabletroms:- http://tabletroms.co...usbar+Honeycomb

"I attach the sources, a project for Netbeans 7.0 extended with NBAndroid plugin. These can be easily adopted to any other HC tablet. The only change possibly required is setting a link to another hard button (see AndroidManifest.xml)."

The original solution can be found here:- http://android.serverbox.ch/?p=306

In theory it should be possible to write a toggle using something like a long press on the back button (doesn't seem to be used currently), but that is way out of my league. Does anyone know how this might be done?

Software toggle using scripts

In the meantime this is easy to test using a couple of simple scripts.

Status_bar_off

Create a single line text file with this text:- service call activity 79 s16 com.android.systemui

Save it to the SD card with the name:- status_bar_off.sh

Using GScript create a new script (tick the SU box) with the single line:- sh /mnt/sdcard/status_bar_off.sh

Status_bar_on

Create a single line text file with this text:- am startservice -n com.android.systemui/.SystemUIService

Save it to the SD card with the name:- status_bar_on.sh

Using GScript create a new script (tick the SU box) with the single line:- sh /mnt/sdcard/status_bar_on.sh

Testing

I'm running VegaComb Test Build 44-RC3 (.36 kernel) and can testify that the scripts work with that ROM. I've run them more than 10 times without any problem. It would be nice if someone running VegaComb1.7 could try this. If something goes wrong a reboot will always bring back the status bar.

P.S. Aldiko with no status bar.:D

Edited by xathras

Guest bitstra

@newbe5/Zebwen, first of all I`m very impressed. Running vegacomb Testbuild 44 on my pov mobii. Even Thogh my right speaker was blown, i had to repair it yesterday, it's my dayly used ROM. Many thanx to all involved devs. Yesterday I had to try screen calib. Tryed Android.Module ITxxxx. via adb... but got the error "can`t find TIxxxx device" - thats a known issue i know, because of new driver name in Testbuild 44. But can you possibly give us the new panel driver name instead of TIxxxx, to make a try for screen calib via adb? Last off all - I’d a look on youtube for vegacomb 3.2 this morning. And I'm mega impressed one more time. best regards from Berlin / germany (with best wishes for an end of the vandalism in your Capitol...) Reinhard

Edited by bitstra

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MindsEye

Since installing 3.2 rev8 My wiFi has not worked. In ANY rom even stock.

It shows connected but I cant surf any web pages. Tried with Corvus, Ganbarou, Cyanogen, Stock Advent, Stock POV Mobii, and VC 3.2 r8

Same exact thing... Connects to the Router, gets an IP, shows its connected but no web joy.

With full wipes of Caches and dalvik between each install. I am thinking either the LAN hardware somehow is broken now, or only other possibility is my router, but I havent changed anything on it since earlier when the tablet worked.

Edited by MindsEye

Guest MindsEye

Have you rebooted your router?

Yes, Of Course...

I seem to have solved it by unticking the wireless, forgetting the connection, then rebooting with a total shut down.

Seems to work now..

Tho now for some reason my 3g sim is telling me i have incorrect pin, which i know is correct... odd.

Edited by MindsEye

Guest jimpsar

Can someone help plz?

Did full wipe data,cache ,dalvik and installed 8.1 from 8.

everything ok.restored apps with titanium and then after reboot market didnt work.date and time changed to 2009.changed back market worked but in my apps couldnt see the apps restored from titanium.did a boot to recovery but vega stuck and do nothing now.tried shut it with long press and start it again but stuck at black screen again.

Tried nvflash recovery with back (2secs)+power(2secs)-release+back(2secs) and screen remains lighted and cant get to recovery.

Any ideas / suggestions plz?

Guest jimpsar

Can someone help plz?

Did full wipe data,cache ,dalvik and installed 8.1 from 8.

everything ok.restored apps with titanium and then after reboot market didnt work.date and time changed to 2009.changed back market worked but in my apps couldnt see the apps restored from titanium.did a boot to recovery but vega stuck and do nothing now.tried shut it with long press and start it again but stuck at black screen again.

Tried nvflash recovery with back (2secs)+power(2secs)-release+back(2secs) and screen remains lighted and cant get to recovery.

Any ideas / suggestions plz?

SOLVED:

Got into recovery but with only power on and the connected the USB cable.

Guest ursulavasey

I've been running my Vega on Vegacomb (various builds, including 8.1) and things have been fine, until a particular problem became apparent on Wednesday. I was on the Stenaline ferry from Belfast to Stranraer on the way home from a holiday. I tried to connect the Vega to the ship's internet, but it wouldn't connect, no matter what I did. Firstly the Vega found the network but couldn't connect, then it couldn't even find the network. At one point the Vega told me that the ship's network was out of range, even though I was still on the ship. I switched back to the R8 rom and the Vega connected to the ship's internet straight away with no problems whatsoever. The ship's internet is an open network, so no password is required to connect. I'm not sure if the problem was caused by the fact that the network was open/insecure or the fact it was a shared network (any passenger could use it) or if there was another problem.

I've been running my Vega on Vegacomb (various builds, including 8.1) and things have been fine, until a particular problem became apparent on Wednesday. I was on the Stenaline ferry from Belfast to Stranraer on the way home from a holiday. I tried to connect the Vega to the ship's internet, but it wouldn't connect, no matter what I did. Firstly the Vega found the network but couldn't connect, then it couldn't even find the network. At one point the Vega told me that the ship's network was out of range, even though I was still on the ship. I switched back to the R8 rom and the Vega connected to the ship's internet straight away with no problems whatsoever. The ship's internet is an open network, so no password is required to connect. I'm not sure if the problem was caused by the fact that the network was open/insecure or the fact it was a shared network (any passenger could use it) or if there was another problem.

I had a problem when i flashed vegacomb 8.1 today and my wireless wouldn't show. I had it on channel 13 and whilst it worked on other roms this one didn't see it until i moved it to 6. May well be the boat wifi switched to a high channel?

Guest Panayioti

Hi team it looks like youve made another great rom but there is a small problem with the sound, when playing a song the bass is far too loud at maximum volume and the song sounds distorted, so can you please fix this in your next build or tell me how to fix this.

Thanks

EDIT:Coud you also fix the sensitivity of the acceloremeter.

Edited by Panayioti

Guest achcomp77

Awesome work guys :) have tested and is very smooth with lots of capability. Only problem is that the audio is awful, sounds like too much treble and/or bass with the speakers not being able to cope! Will look forward to it being perfected, I will also donate for beer and cancer reasearch as soon as this is done.

Guest Panayioti

Awesome work guys :) have tested and is very smooth with lots of capability. Only problem is that the audio is awful, sounds like too much treble and/or bass with the speakers not being able to cope! Will look forward to it being perfected, I will also donate for beer and cancer reasearch as soon as this is done.

I also had this problem but if you download equalizer from the market (free) you can change the sound settings to your liking.

Guest paul.doody

how did you get root explorer working and also does usb-mounting work?

I'm having exactly the same problem with SD card-age. Flashed 3.2 last nite from MCR8 (and loving the shiny new rom) but SD card won't mount at all. Tried removing and refitting but still no joy.

If I look on ifile manager or app2SD it says no external storage attached, but it clearly is, I flashed from this card originally.

MCR8 had no problems with it, tho it had an ext2 partition on it. Is it the partition that's upsetting Vegacomb?

Don't wanna go back to 8 as VC is sooo pretty.

I'm having exactly the same problem with SD card-age. Flashed 3.2 last nite from MCR8 (and loving the shiny new rom) but SD card won't mount at all. Tried removing and refitting but still no joy.

If I look on ifile manager or app2SD it says no external storage attached, but it clearly is, I flashed from this card originally.

MCR8 had no problems with it, tho it had an ext2 partition on it. Is it the partition that's upsetting Vegacomb?

Don't wanna go back to 8 as VC is sooo pretty.

Hi,

when your first partition is the ext2 , then it would be the problem.

rebel1

Guest my-planet

Hi all. Is the accelerometer working for you on your Vega with 3.2? It's not for me :-(

Seems like a huge delay on Raging Thunder 2 Lite, like 2-3 seconds delay! I thought it was completely not working till I tried this game.

Also, aTilt seems all messed up (screen is jumping/moving around the place!) and Abduction looks very strange, and simply doesn't work as expected.

Guest Panayioti
<br />Hi all. Is the accelerometer working for you on your Vega with 3.2? It's not for me :-(<br /><br />Seems like a huge delay on Raging Thunder 2 Lite, like 2-3 seconds delay! I thought it was completely not working till I tried this game.<br /><br />Also, aTilt seems all messed up (screen is jumping/moving around the place!) and Abduction looks very strange, and simply doesn't work as expected.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Ye I also get this delay on speedx hope they fix it.

Guest thedicemaster

supposedly had been fixed in the latest vegacomb(8.1), but i experienced some problems with the g-sensor too.

it seems to have gone away though now that i've set the orientation-lock to locked(the actual locking is disabled in the latest vegacomb)

i cannot seem to connect to wep access points. i just get a continuous "connecting" until it times out. Anyone else have this problem. Running 8.1

dont worry, its working now

Looking forward to trying this, one thing though, how long does the first boot last? It's been stuck at the Android splash screen for well over 5 minutes now. I'm thinking this isn't right?