Official T-mobile 2.2 update [2011-05-10] Build: ZTE-P729TV1.0.0B02

Guest agpoli

Mr. Pigfish says it's GEN2 now.

If you used a custom ROM on your Blade, you have to change the custom recovery back to the original one (which has the FTM mode). You don't have to use TPT or anything else, just revert back to the original recovery (I used the Fastboot method), and run the upgrader. After this, use kallt_kaffe's modified z4root app to get root access, install Recovery Manager 0.36b and flash a GEN2 ClockWorkMod recovery. You are now good to go with Swedish Spring, CyanogenMod, etc.

just tried this

reflashed stock 2.2 recovery

went onto ftm

run updater

and it says version does not match,cant use this ?

edit: ok i got it,need to be gen1 to run update.

All done now

Edited by Guest

Guest unrandomsam
can we TPT this ?

You can tpt it but what you need to do is keep most of wbaw v4

only change - boot.img / system.img / recovery.img / amss.mbn / amsshd.mbn

Guest Jekle

Is seems this recent update and the Greece Wind 2.2 are very very similar but I suppose the homepage is different and the language are different. I think in the next couple of weeks all of the ZTE 'Branded' Devices will receive the updates but the Base Lutea is no sign or Orange SF UK is receiving a 2.3 update in Q2 but I have my doubts

Guest Totyasrác
just tried this

reflashed stock 2.2 recovery

went onto ftm

run updater

and it says version does not match,cant use this ?

edit: ok i got it,need to be gen1 to run update.

All done now

Where did you get the stock recovery? (Nevermind, found it here :unsure:)

And gen1+stock_recovery BOTH are required for the official way to work?

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest agpoli
And gen1+stock_recovery BOTH are required for the official way to work?

Yes, both required. This is an upgrade from 2.1 Eclair GEN1 to 2.2 Froyo GEN2.

Guest Totyasrác
Yes, both required. This is an upgrade from 2.1 Eclair GEN1 to 2.2 Froyo GEN2.

OK, I wasn't sure what is being checked while running. Should I then do the following steps?

1. Putting my phone back to Gen1

2. Flash some 2.1 ROM

3. Restore stock recovery

Then I'm good to go? (I've lost camera functionality when moving to Gen2 that's why I want to try the official update process but definitely not want to brick my precious Sanfran - that's why I ask so much...)

Guest Jekle
OK, I wasn't sure what is being checked while running. Should I then do the following steps?

1. Putting my phone back to Gen1

2. Flash some 2.1 ROM

3. Restore stock recovery

Then I'm good to go? (I've lost camera functionality when moving to Gen2 that's why I want to try the official update process but definitely not want to brick my precious Sanfran - that's why I ask so much...)

Yes That is correct, I think you can get away from put a 2.1 rom on but I would do it just in case.

Guest Totyasrác
Yes That is correct, I think you can get away from put a 2.1 rom on but I would do it just in case.

All right then, put (gen2 -> gen1) "image" folder to the SD, fingers crossed :P

I'll keep this post editing for others to follow my steps with results.

Edit1: TPT'd back to Gen1, went fine. Now easiest step is the "csodazip" which originally was to update 256MB Blades to 512... I guess :unsure:

Edit2: "Csodazip" algorithm went smoothly. Started the official update process, stopped at 98% and phone appears to be in bootloop... Waiting a bit...

Edit3: I took the cable out (while stuck at 98%), tried to insert battery and turning on: FTM mode. Without battery (restarted program) bootloop. So battery back, FTM mode, started the process again, working so far... 60%.

Edit4: Now moved over from 98% to 99% (without bootloop) for a while then successful. So don't worry, be happy :)

Edit5: Booted fine, working properly, Mr. Pigfish says it's Gen2 now. However, it didn't solve my camera issue, it's still "cannot connect to camera" ;)

So whoever would like to try it, go ahead, it's a pretty decent (but not a custom) 2.2 ROM.

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest gusthy
All right then, put (gen2 -> gen1) "image" folder to the SD, fingers crossed :P

I'll keep this post editing for others to follow my steps with results.

Edit1: TPT'd back to Gen1, went fine. Now easiest step is the "csodazip" which originally was to update 256MB Blades to 512... I guess :unsure:

Edit2: "Csodazip" algorithm went smoothly. Started the official update process, stopped at 98% and phone appears to be in bootloop... Waiting a bit...

Edit3: I took the cable out (while stuck at 98%), tried to insert battery and turning on: FTM mode. Without battery (restarted program) bootloop. So battery back, FTM mode, started the process again, working so far... 60%.

Edit4: Now moved over from 98% to 99% (without bootloop) for a while then successful. So don't worry, be happy :)

Edit5: Booted fine, working properly, Mr. Pigfish says it's Gen2 now. However, it didn't solve my camera issue, it's still "cannot connect to camera" ;)

So whoever would like to try it, go ahead, it's a pretty decent (but not a custom) 2.2 ROM.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand:

My Blade was in a bricked state so that it could boot only into recovery. I went to GEN1 with Windows method, then ran official updater and it now works fine.

Guest kogos
Could it because you didn't change the nandroid md5 sum? I actually extracted it and clockwork'd it and the only problem is that it won't install angry Birds It goes to that downloading symbol and then stops doesn't even download anything I'm using my own custom partition layout 145mb System 15mb cache and 280mb data and 0 oem what is the default t-mobile Partition layout 2.2? i've tried installing it with and without a sd card. I have rooted it with z4root by kallt kaffe

And I've tried wiping the cache partition several times.

This happened on Swedish Spring bu,t it would download it and install it but wouldn't let me install another store on sd card location until i reboot and wipe cache

Is seems this recent update and the Greece Wind 2.2 are very very similar but I suppose the homepage is different and the language are different. I think in the next couple of weeks all of the ZTE 'Branded' Devices will receive the updates but the Base Lutea is no sign or Orange SF UK is receiving a 2.3 update in Q2 but I have my doubts

U got 15mb cache size, and angry birds is a 17mb download, so it fails. U need a higher cache size (37.5mb is the hungarian/greek/swedish default) or a custom rom that can handle downloads that bit by redirecting them to data or ram partition (tmpfs). I know that ss5 and cm7 both does that. Or, u can change the way the official rom handles downloads bigger than the cache size by changing init.qcom.post_boot.sh (depending on rom).

btw, default partition layout is 37.5mb cache, 220mb system which is a lot of mbytes wasted

Greek and hungarian updates are identical, the only difference is that greek update has some greek language improovements, and hungarian update has hungarian language improovements

Guest gusthy
Official 2.2 roms are only for Gen2 phones so not for your Gen1 ph0o...

only my question again, if this rom can be installed on my TPT converted Gen2 OLED SF...?

It is for GEN1, and upgrades phone to GEN2. If it is already GEN2, it won't install.

Guest gusthy
so how does this compare to Swedish Spring GEN2 ?

Very similar, contains slightly newer binaries. And, of course, it is not rooted and doesn't contain SS tweaks and mods. I use it currently, hoping that KK will make an SS based on a B02 official Froyo.