[ROM] Gingerounay 1.2

Guest vache

Guest Nekosilver

Installed this rom yesterday and it's awesome! I love the acer lock and notifications on top of ADW.

however, I got 1 question and 1 problem

is there a way to change the widgets on the lock screen? can't find a way...

and with this rom I can't activate the wifi, after activate it, it doesnt do anything for some seconds, then de-activate by itself (I had no trouble with metalouney)

Guest CedricGatay

To customize lock screen widgets, use Home decor app (fond d'écran in French I think)

I have no issues with wifi...

Guest Nekosilver

with the metalounay wifi fix, now wifi seems to be ok, but "Home" touch button doesnt work anymore, and some app FC at boot (handsent, poweramp....)

Gonna make a new clean install

And "fond d'ecran" FC at launch (before as after wifi patch)

Guest Nekosilver

okay new clean install of gingerounay 1.2, this time wifi works without the need of the patch

Home button is back ok

"Fond d'ecran" still force close (was okay on stock rom 3.016) any way to fix this?

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
you have to be root

just enter "su" to request superuser rights

Not sure why I couldn't get the rights through adb, but I installed root uninstaller and that removed everything for me. For some reason ES File Explorer wasn't picking up on the root and wouldn't mount the file system as readable. Oh well, they are all gone now. that home decor app force closes on me too, but is there a way to install the gingerbread interface? I prefer the unlock wheel.

Guest Frojd
may I have a quick tuto on how to do that please?

You need a working adb-setup (http://www.xda-developers.com/android/adb-easy-tutorial/). Open "Gingerounay-1.1_signed.zip" using winrar or the like, navigate to "system/app" and copy "Launncher2.apk" to you desktop (or adb directory if you prefer that).

Using command prompt send the following:

adb remount

adb push Launcher2.apk /system/app

That's it.

Guest astuermer
and with this rom I can't activate the wifi, after activate it, it doesnt do anything for some seconds, then de-activate by itself (I had no trouble with metalouney)

got the same issue yesterday.

rebooting the phone helps. now wlan connects and is stable again.

don't want to try the wifi-patch from metalouney - with android 2.2 it resets the whole system *gg* and with 2.3 there are problems too as described.

Guest vache
don't want to try the wifi-patch from metalouney - with android 2.2 it resets the whole system *gg* and with 2.3 there are problems too as described.

Here is what the script do :

ui_print("  Fixing WiFi...");

mount ("MTD" , "userdata" , "/data/");

package_extract_dir("data", "/data");

set_perm_recursive(1010, 1010, 0777, 0777, "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant");

unmount("/data");

It just mount /data, push a file and fix permissions. Nothing related to /system partition or other things.

Your "gg" is a bit disapointing.

Edited by vache

Guest astuermer

I know, but my Liquid MT with 1.100.35 got reset by applying that patch...

Perhaps it only happens 1 out of 100 times...?!

I applied with AmonRA, restarted and the first I've seen was the selection of language... like I completely flashed my phone.

Guest CedricGatay

There is a known but not well understood problem with app2sd --data with our device, it seems to mount the /data read-only when something changed (don't know what...) which leads to a full device setup again...

Guest astuermer
There is a known but not well understood problem with app2sd --data with our device, it seems to mount the /data read-only when something changed (don't know what...) which leads to a full device setup again...

Oh, thanks!

Now I understand :D

Guest rastaman_rus

hi, Vache, thx 4 your ROM =)

Unfortunately when i trying to launch "Environment" (?) application (fond d'ecran) , i got an error, something about the unexpected stop of the Launcer app :S

I've got 3.016 leak -> Gingerounay 1.1 -> Gingerounay 1.2 , i suppose that at least 2-3 guys from our russian acer forum have encountered same problem.

Anyway thx again - awesome ROM, gl :D

Guest TechnoLover

vache stripped off the wallpapers from launcher app and the home decor app fc's cause there are no wallpaper => solution: push the old launcher app to your phone :D

Guest krakopince

Hi there :D

I'm trying to follow your procedure but as some users I keep having : writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

When I try to install RecoveryMT-2.0 ... I searched a bit and didn't find a solution to this issue.

Without recovery I can't install your gorgeous mod ... :'( soooo sad ^^

Any clue on how I could proceed ?

Thx.

Guest yanggh

thx, i'm experiencing this rom

but, where's the voice button on virtual keyboard?

how can i find it backs? i like voice input.... :D

Guest krakopince

I did some further manipulations ...

I can successfully flash the recovery with recovery MT 1.0, but the writing part fails with 2.0 or ... any suggestions ?

Has anyone experiences with internet calling?

This feature was missing in the first leak, now on Acer_LiquidMT_3.016.00_AAP-GEN2 the options are available.

I set up an account to work with an voip-router in my local network. Registered very well and also receives/initiates calls.

But the audio is very stuttering. Can someone test, this rom about Internet callling?

(you'll find that in: Call settings/ Internet call settings)

other soft- and IP-phones are working well with the voip-router