[APP] Button Backlight Alert

Guest lilHermit

Guest lilHermit
First of all: Great work!

If you need a german tester + translator, let me know! I'll do my best :D

Felix

Thanks, if you have purchased the app and find any incorrect German text please feel free to correct at crowdin

Guest nestor toledo
I'm sure I'll have CM7 working before the end of the week (should only take about 10minutes) its the ongoing support, ie having to rebuild each time CM7 is released.

~

If you need tester for CM7, let me know

Guest withoutwings

Hi lilHermit,

From my earlier feedback, this is probably the most important issue to me:

It needs an option to "use defaults for all notifications"

But I can't see it on your "future features list" - so just wondering if you do plan to do that one? Or is there a way to use the defaults setting for all notifications already that I've missed?

Guest lilHermit
Hi lilHermit,

From my earlier feedback, this is probably the most important issue to me:

But I can't see it on your "future features list" - so just wondering if you do plan to do that one? Or is there a way to use the defaults setting for all notifications already that I've missed?

The reason I did not add it to the feature list is because soon you will be able to add and delete Apps from the Application screen. As you will only have there what you require I don't think the CheckBox your refer to is required. (Unless I've missed something)

~

Edited by lilHermit

Guest withoutwings
The reason I did not add it to the feature list is because soon you will be able to add and delete Apps from the Application screen. As you will only have there what you require I don't think the CheckBox your refer to is required. (Unless I've missed something)

~

Yes ok I see what you're saying and that would work, but I can also see a use case where someone may not wish to lose their custom notification setup despite switching to "use default for all" temporarily.

Plus, the list of apps which cause notifications should still be able to be modified even if "use default for all" is set. Otherwise we can't change our custom apps to notify for! (I'm assuming apps not in that list won't trigger BBL? Or if they do, then we probably need a separate "ignore" list or attribute for apps we don't want notified.)

Guest lilHermit
Yes ok I see what you're saying and that would work, but I can also see a use case where someone may not wish to lose their custom notification setup despite switching to "use default for all" temporarily.

Plus, the list of apps which cause notifications should still be able to be modified even if "use default for all" is set. Otherwise we can't change our custom apps to notify for! (I'm assuming apps not in that list won't trigger BBL? Or if they do, then we probably need a separate "ignore" list or attribute for apps we don't want notified.)

Yes I have considered adding a "Ignore" option for added apps. My original thought for non listed apps was it would use default which would also have "ignore" option, so you can disable the default and add specific.

~

Guest withoutwings

Oh, just spotted another feature which would be extremely handy: is it possible to catch a request to "flash the phone's LED" that an app sends to Android and turn that into a notification? I hate to keep pointing to "that other app", but they seem to have managed it, though I'm not sure how:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/lg-o2x-touch-l...ednotifications

Guest PhilNelwyn

In french, some text strings are not translated :

- Par défaut/Applications > Luminosité > Set Brightness -- Set brightness

- Par défaut/Applications > Mode lumière > Steady [Continu] -- Flash (single) [Flash (unique)] -- Pulse [Pulsation]

- Par défaut/Applications > Durée allumé -- Flash on Time > Durée allumé -- Flash on Time

- Screen On Brightness -- Set Brightness for when the screen is on > Set Brightness

- Device

And it would be nice to have a widget to easily and quickly enable/disable backlight notifications.

Very good app, thanks for the time and effort you've put in it.

Guest lilHermit
it doesn't works with k9, is it true?

Max

It should do! Does K9 have the option to flash the led? Make sure its turned on!

I'm preparing a minor update to get CM7 working so if you can confirm asap, I might be able to roll a fix up.

Edit: I can confirm K9 mail works, just make sure you have "blink led" ticked

~

Edited by lilHermit

Guest lilHermit

CyanogenMOD7 support added:

• Update to v1.0.1 from Market
  • Download and install the update.zip in the first post

I'd like confirmation that all is well on a T-Mobile G2X (P999)

Guest lilHermit
Would this work with every nightly now?

Until it doesn't ;) Its difficult to say because installing as is would overwrite any changes in services.jar, there could be no changes for days. However I plan to create an amazon server to download, extract and smali patch each nightly.

~

Guest gaeng4665
Until it doesn't ;) Its difficult to say because installing as is would overwrite any changes in services.jar, there could be no changes for days. However I plan to create an amazon server to download, extract and smali patch each nightly.

~

Did you mention that it takes some secs to light up the backlights after waking the phone. I am on cm7 nightly 44. Is that delay fixable somehow?

Guest lilHermit
Did you mention that it takes some secs to light up the backlights after waking the phone. I am on cm7 nightly 44. Is that delay fixable somehow?

I'm not seeing this on #40, I'm downloading #44 now to test. What device do you have, P990 or P999?

Also just had a thought, have you registered your copy? It could be the license check slowing it down!

Edited by lilHermit

Guest jambezuk

I also 'experience' a delay with cm7 build 43 but it's only for a fraction of a second.

Figured it might be helpful to know if you're looking into it.

Edit: improving lazy typing... clearly should have just spent longer in the first place!!

Edited by jambezuk

Guest gaeng4665
I'm not seeing this on #40, I'm downloading #44 now to test. What device do you have, P990 or P999?

Also just had a thought, have you registered your copy? It could be the license check slowing it down!

It resolved it by itself. After some time it is again almost instantly.... And i have p990...

How is that smali patch coming along?

Guest lilHermit
It resolved it by itself. After some time it is again almost instantly.... And i have p990...

How is that smali patch coming along?

OK. Smali-patch I haven't started yet, been working on another android project.

~

Guest GroovyGrovesy

I have CM7 #44 installed and when I open the app it shows "WARNING Incompatible Rom".

Is anyone else on CM7 getting this?

Guest lilHermit
I have CM7 #44 installed and when I open the app it shows "WARNING Incompatible Rom".

Is anyone else on CM7 getting this?

I assume you have re-installed the update.zip after the nightly?

~

Guest maxbaron

CM7 #44: Installed patch manually (overwritten old framework.jar) and now I'm getting many unexpected errors generated by the framework in some apps. I reverted back to original file! ;)

Guest lilHermit
CM7 #44: Installed patch manually (overwritten old framework.jar) and now I'm getting many unexpected errors generated by the framework in some apps. I reverted back to original file! ;)

I'm a bit confused when you say you patched it manually because there is no framework.jar in the update.zip! Also what errors in what apps are you getting? I'm running cm7 #44 and all seems ok.

~

Guest maxbaron
I'm a bit confused when you say you patched it manually because there is no framework.jar in the update.zip! Also what errors in what apps are you getting? I'm running cm7 #44 and all seems ok.

~

Sorry, the filename is "services.jar" under /system/framework ;)

I'm not sure about the application that causes the error, I get random gapps framework error but bba still running fine.

P.S. I'm using WGSpoeltra_GBE_v4.6.1 firmware based on CM7 #44

Edited by maxbaron