[APP] Button Backlight Alert

Guest lilHermit

Lilhermit, could you try to make bba work with topogigi's 1.6 based on GB V20e? I can supply you with the services.jar if needed.

search from Android Market..

"LG 2X notification"

Guest fattymcdirty

is there a working version for MIUI builds for the 2x? i bought the app but it doesn't work with MIUI... since lilhermits trackball alert is working with MIUI i thought he would be able to support MIUI for the 2x, too ;) any clue?

Guest lilHermit

is there a working version for MIUI builds for the 2x? i bought the app but it doesn't work with MIUI... since lilhermits trackball alert is working with MIUI i thought he would be able to support MIUI for the 2x, too ;) any clue?

Unfortunately not and I'm not going to create a self-patching system. The reason being the Trackball Alert smali patch system is a huge server resource which I'm still having to support even though the product is discontinued.

~

Guest fattymcdirty

Unfortunately not and I'm not going to create a self-patching system. The reason being the Trackball Alert smali patch system is a huge server resource which I'm still having to support even though the product is discontinued.

~

no problem ;) i switched to another rom, which is based on lg's v20e... it's a little tweaked, tho.. would you be able to patch my services.jar if i'd send it over? so i can use bba with this rom? i would greatly appreciate that, since i've bought the app and it did never work for me cause i'm not using stock roms or cm7 ;)

Guest lilHermit

no problem ;) i switched to another rom, which is based on lg's v20e... it's a little tweaked, tho.. would you be able to patch my services.jar if i'd send it over? so i can use bba with this rom? i would greatly appreciate that, since i've bought the app and it did never work for me cause i'm not using stock roms or cm7 ;)

Unfortunately I can't patch ROM individually as I'll be then swamped by other requests. Paul is releasing LGs v20 build this week and that will support BBA automatically.

~

Hello

I have just installed and registred this app on my P990 but for some reason it dosent seem to work, did I miss something?

I don't see LED indications on neither SMS nor Missed calls, the app is tick enabled and everything is set default.

I'm running Pauls kitchen version 2.3.4 (Gr2 Alpha V20A) and BB 0622 - that should be okay right?

I'm not at "superuser" in fact I don't know much about the OS - I just follow Pauls's recipe when installing ROM etc. B)

Edited by Henry64

Guest lilHermit

Hello

I have just installed and registred this app on my P990 but for some reason it dosent seem to work, did I miss something?

I don't see LED indications on neither SMS nor Missed calls, the app is tick enabled and everything is set default.

I'm running Pauls kitchen version 2.3.4 (Gr2 Alpha V20A) and BB 0622 - that should be okay right?

I'm not at "superuser" in fact I don't know much about the OS - I just follow Pauls's recipe when installing ROM etc. B)

Does it display an error on loading or anything like that. Also the screen must be off for the notification to trigger the button lights. (This is standard android functionality)

~

Does it display an error on loading or anything like that. Also the screen must be off for the notification to trigger the button lights. (This is standard android functionality)

~

No I don't see any errors, at least not any "popups" that tells that the app has crashed. It also works fine when opening the setup program from programs.

Yes, the screen off when I test, I simply put it on the table and call it, then hang up w/o answering and wait for it to switch off - nothing happens. Same thing for SMS's.

Edited by Henry64

Guest lilHermit

No I don't see any errors, at least not any "popups" that tells that the app has crashed. It also works fine when opening the setup program from programs.

Yes, the screen off when I test, I simply put it on the table and call it, then hang up w/o answering and wait for it to switch off - nothing happens. Same thing for SMS's.

Can you email me (bba at lilhermit dot co dot uk) the output from logcat. If you know how to use adb logcat then that is good else install aLogcat from market. Set the filter to ".*/bba" (without the quotes), trigger the alert then load aLogcat again (you should see some output) and share via email.

Can you email me (bba at lilhermit dot co dot uk) the output from logcat. If you know how to use adb logcat then that is good else install aLogcat from market. Set the filter to ".*/bba" (without the quotes), trigger the alert then load aLogcat again (you should see some output) and share via email.

I have installed aLogcat but didn't get any output when that filter was avtive, so I have send the complete log by mail, hope it's usefull. :huh:

Guest lilHermit

Hi,

I've tried on Modaco's GR3 rom. No error but doesn't work : "not supported rom".

Are you working on it ??

Yes apologies Paul asked me for the patch on Wednesday but haven't got around to it. Will do it today and post a services.jar for people to push manually.

I'm sure Paul will then incorporate next week.

~

Guest lilHermit

Download the services.jar here (please rename before pushing)

I'm going to be releasing a new version of BBA later today which fixes the detection of new MoDaCo ROMs

Edit: Making file live again!

~

Edited by lilHermit

Guest Kostja_V

lilHermit,

I decompiled, your modified sevices.jar, and compared it with the original. Looks like that the only difference is few lines of code in NotificationManagerService.smali. Does it means that BBA support can be easily ported to any stock firmware? Or it is more harder than in looks?

Guest lilHermit

lilHermit,

I decompiled, your modified sevices.jar, and compared it with the original. Looks like that the only difference is few lines of code in NotificationManagerService.smali. Does it means that BBA support can be easily ported to any stock firmware? Or it is more harder than in looks?

Fairly easy if you know what your doing with smali, a few new functions and fields. However i would copy NotificationManagerService* to your decompile and just update the 3 resource references in updateAdbNotification function or you will get the wrong icon and text for the usb debugging.

You need icon, title and text resource_ids in my code smali (Pauls rom)

Title: 0x104037c

Icon: 0x10802c1

Simply replace them with your resource_id from your rom.

Hope that makes sense.

~

Edited by lilHermit

Guest Riemen

Hello

I'm on Modaco GR3 with your patched services.jar. BBA works great, but I have one problem:

If I choose add application, nothing happens. The next window which as I think, should be a list of available apps is just black.

So to add any of the predefined apps, I have to delete the complete settings of BBA to get it back to default. I also cannot add any other notification types (don't even know, if this is possible, because I cannot see the option).

Any idea, why this happens and how to fix it?

PS: A preview option during setting pulse or flashing options would be great.

Guest fattymcdirty

would some1 be so kind to modify my services.jar from my MIUI 1.9.30 rom? i bought BBA... and since I don't use the stock rom, I can't use it right now... would really appreciate if some1 would be willing to help me... :/

Guest lilHermit

Hello

I'm on Modaco GR3 with your patched services.jar. BBA works great, but I have one problem:

If I choose add application, nothing happens. The next window which as I think, should be a list of available apps is just black.

So to add any of the predefined apps, I have to delete the complete settings of BBA to get it back to default. I also cannot add any other notification types (don't even know, if this is possible, because I cannot see the option).

Any idea, why this happens and how to fix it?

PS: A preview option during setting pulse or flashing options would be great.

The list should be populated once an application has sent an notification (with flash light set) that does not currently match the installed list. To test this delete the Messaging and when you receive a SMS/MMS next Messaging should be in the list.

~

Guest fattymcdirty

Fairly easy if you know what your doing with smali, a few new functions and fields. However i would copy NotificationManagerService* to your decompile and just update the 3 resource references in updateAdbNotification function or you will get the wrong icon and text for the usb debugging.

You need icon, title and text resource_ids in my code smali (Pauls rom)

Title: 0x104037c

Icon: 0x10802c1

Simply replace them with your resource_id from your rom.

Hope that makes sense.

~

hmmm... I've tried that... took all your NotificationManagerService* files, replaced the ids and then copied them to my decompiled services.jar from miui... the good - the app works - the bad - I don't have network anymore... :/

Guest lilHermit

hmmm... I've tried that... took all your NotificationManagerService* files, replaced the ids and then copied them to my decompiled services.jar from miui... the good - the app works - the bad - I don't have network anymore... :/

Wow MIUI have really messed with NotificationManagerService there should be no network code in there.

Guest fattymcdirty

WOW... now I copied my old services.jar back... and I don't have reception anymore, too!! :( HELP!

here's my ORIGINAL services.jar... maybe you could help? :/ it's not that I didn't try it on my own ;)

Edited by fattymcdirty