[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest modacool
Was this ever answered? How do we go from one cm7 version to the next, ie. 31/05 to 06/06? Do we loose any data/settings? Anything?

Also in the 06/06 change log it lists "Backgrounds are now highres"....does this mean the default backgrounds are now in highres or that even custom wallpapers in were being lowered?

just reflash the new CM over your current CM

no wiping needed.

I'm unsure whether the new rom will wipe gapps, so just flash it just in case, and also the OC kernel if you're using it.

(personally I can't tell any difference with or without OC kernel in speed)

Edited by modacool

Guest kallt_kaffe
Was this ever answered? How do we go from one cm7 version to the next, ie. 31/05 to 06/06? Do we loose any data/settings? Anything?

If you have the modified clockwork with larger /tmp it will keep your google apps so just install and reboot without wipe and you won't loose any settings or google apps.

Also in the 06/06 change log it lists "Backgrounds are now highres"....does this mean the default backgrounds are now in highres or that even custom wallpapers in were being lowered?

It's the built in wallpapers. Since we use mdpi (lcd density 160) it will default to use wallpapers for mdpi phones (320x480 phones) so what is changed is that it has been overridden with wallpapers using wallpapers for 480x800 screens.

Guest PainToad
If you have the modified clockwork with larger /tmp it will keep your google apps so just install and reboot without wipe and you won't loose any settings or google apps.

It's the built in wallpapers. Since we use mdpi (lcd density 160) it will default to use wallpapers for mdpi phones (320x480 phones) so what is changed is that it has been overridden with wallpapers using wallpapers for 480x800 screens.

Worked. Was running really slow, check dmesg, yep OC gone (guess the update wipes kernel?). Reinstalled the ABH Kernal and back to normal. Thanks for your guys hard work ;)

Guest iChopstick

Can't seem to get my data connection working ;)

I've followed the settings on http://ausdroid.net/apns but don't seem to work.

Optus- Internet

Name: Optus Yes Internet

APN: yesinternet

Proxy:

Port:

Username:

Password:

Server:

MMSC:

MMS Proxy:

MMS Port:

MCC: 505

MNC: 02

Auth Type: PAP

APN Type: default

Guest PainToad

I'm confused....just went to carrier unlock my V9, whacked a Vodafone sim in and it just worked :S CM7 isn't meant to unlock right?

Guest gibbyman
I'm confused....just went to carrier unlock my V9, whacked a Vodafone sim in and it just worked :S CM7 isn't meant to unlock right?

I might be wrong here, but I don't think there's any ROM that actually takes away the SIM-lock on a phone/tablet... that is usually a separate process.

Guest nick arora

hey guys , I have a zte v9 , I've flashed to cm7.1 , no issues at all..

My problem is that the internal memory is really low internal memory for apps . Like 110mb or something....

So I can only install say like 50 apps even if i use app2sd..

Has anyone managed to get data2sd working on zte v9 .... Please share how you did it. It would be really helpful...

Thanks

Guest garfin
I tried running the 2.2 Optus update anyway and I got an error message saying It does not work on post pre paid device, I tried the post paid 2.2 upgrade and funnily enough I got the error saying it doesn't work on post paid!

Yeah its because of the pre-checks that Optus have in their ROM Updates .. What it should say is , "Update prohibited on NON-Optus ROM'ed device".. or something like that .. basically they check with the Pre-paid 2.2 rom update , you are installing 'from' an Optus 2.1 pre-paid rom'ed device , and Post-paid 2.2 rom update , you are installing 'from' an Optus 2.1 post-paid rom'ed device.

Obviously if you've installed ZTE or CM7 roms , then you (now) fail to match either criteria.. The wording of the error , could be better, i agree.

I'd be breaking out KK's repackaged 2.2 optus pre-paid rom update , that avoids those 'tests' , once you can convince device to get into FTM or programmable/maintenence modes. (refer to post #2 , below, in sig.)

Edited by garfin

Guest garfin
So I can only install say like 50 apps even if i use app2sd..

Only 50 ? Damn ! and i guess you'll use all 50 eh ? :P

Good luck with Data2SD .. let us know how it goes.. ;)

Guest truerusader

cheers boys, have finally caved in to temptation & flashed Cyanogenmod to my Optus My Tab using ntonios revised guide, success! straight from optus official 2.2 (no need to flash Generic first as per Caustic's guide) flashed 25/05 and overclocked kernel (not sure if it worked, dunno how to check), Wiped, wiped, fixed, reboot, Skateboarding droid ;) then install one click reco 30/05, reboot into reco (didn't wanna work first time but I snarled @ it), flash gapps with that reboot,setup Google market downloader, download app2sd so as to not fill up my internal memory, and wifi keep alive so I don't have to wait 20 secs for wifi to fire up after a sleep( haven't tried messing with sleep policy yet )

did I miss anything?

Post flash everything is awesome :P , no bugs to report as yet although I haven't really tested it persay, am just using it but thoroughly impressed so far,

everything is lightning fast and I've reclaimed a heap of internal memory to actually make it usable now and flash intense stuff seems to work now (although I cannot figure how ), also had no trouble with the notification/ status bar, in fact I can drag it down from anywhere on the touchscreen provided it @ home

now we just gotta figure how to make it multitouch if possible?

much kudos are due to all involved for making this process as simple as the official upgrade

Guest raven_v9
I think i can confirm this as a bug...

Tried this ..

Settings,

Wireless & Networks,

WiFi Settings,

(Here, Click the Menu Button.. Go to Advanced)

WiFi Sleep Policy: NEVER

(Click the Menu Button..) Save.

However , ZTE V9 seems to ignore this setting change , and continues to drop the WIFI connection when screen switches off.

i have the same problem. anyone knows the fix for this?

Guest synaptic
I might be wrong here, but I don't think there's any ROM that actually takes away the SIM-lock on a phone/tablet... that is usually a separate process.

I also got the same thing on the one I just bought - doesn't need unlock. I previously had one (when it was $279) that went back because of the wifi problem that I had to unlock with the calculator (before I sent it back). I think Optus might now just be reflashing and packaging the returned units, which could explain the lack of lock status.

Guest rangatangaa

Just updated from 2.1 to 2.3 thanks alot ;) all seems to be working fine.. now to get my apks back.

on a side note i love everything about this.. except! yes there is a except. i dont want to hold it portrait is there a way to keep it landscape without having to have alow auto rotation to be on?

Guest darklord83

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------///------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this way is better to avoid more "ANGRY BIRDS" ;) i removed my opinion, sorry if i offended "some"... There's always one in every crowd :P

ps: the FM radio would also be a good return

GREAT WORK !!!

thank you kallt_kaffe

Edited by darklord83

Guest darklord83

I've been trying a few games with this rom and i noticed that my tablet doesn't play the intro movies on all gameloft games they're realy sloooooowwwww :P

Is it just me or any of you guys are having this problem too

BIG up to all ;)

Guest slapnuts
I must say this rom is realy good ;) a BIG UP for kalt-kaffe and everyone who worked on it :P just an idea the next update could be a little bit more clean and with a stock look, but hey it's just because i like to mod it my self and if it is stock it's much easy lol and it's much lighter also :D one other thing i don't like much is the boot screen :D kinda corny... i like the boot simple, just how it looks on android 2.2 :D ... this aside every thing is great keep it up !

ps: the FM radio would also be a good return

GREAT WORK !!!

If it "looked more stock" than it wouldn't be a cyanogen mod port would it? There's always one in every crowd.

grab the files from the repository and build yourself a new version if you want it different.

If you want a stock look, flash the leaked 2.2 it's stock as.

Guest darklord83
If it "looked more stock" than it wouldn't be a cyanogen mod port would it? There's always one in every crowd.

grab the files from the repository and build yourself a new version if you want it different.

If you want a stock look, flash the leaked 2.2 it's stock as.

Hey man no need to be agressive :P it was just an opinion nothing else ... and btw i like this rom it's great and everyone who worked on it gave their best and is still giving... having an opinion is just an opinion THATS IT ok my friend ... i didn't want to offend anyone ;) i've already moded it to my taste

To leave things clear THIS IS A GREAT ROM , GREAT WORK kallt_kaffe thank you for your hard work

Edited by darklord83

Guest kallt_kaffe
I also got the same thing on the one I just bought - doesn't need unlock. I previously had one (when it was $279) that went back because of the wifi problem that I had to unlock with the calculator (before I sent it back). I think Optus might now just be reflashing and packaging the returned units, which could explain the lack of lock status.

ZTE's way of locking is a bit different than the other manufacturers. ALL phones/tablets are "locked" by default. However it's then up to the software to decide if it want's to ignore the lock or not. So the Optus MyTab firmware respects that the device is locked while the leaked 2.2 ignores it. If I would use the libs from the Optus MyTab 2.2 firmware then all V9/Lights with CM7 would become "locked" to the Optus network. That is how it works on both the ZTE Blade and the ZTE V9/Light. If you would flash back the stock Optus firmware then it would be "locked" again.

EDIT: Or actually for CM7 using the Optus libs wouldn't even work since the unlocking mechanism needs ZTE specific stuff in the framework and in Phone.apk that the CM7 sources does not have.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest slapnuts
Hey man no need to be agressive :D it was just an opinion nothing else ... and btw i like this rom it's great and everyone who worked on it gave their best and is still giving... having an opinion is just an opinion THATS IT ok my friend ... i didn't want to offend anyone ;) i've already moded it to my taste

To leave things clear THIS IS A GREAT ROM , GREAT WORK kallt_kaffe thank you for your hard work

Wasn't meaning to come across as aggressive, sorry if it appeared that way, just stating my opinion. :D Aggressive usually involves capslock and naughty language. :P

Guest garfin
i have the same problem. anyone knows the fix for this?

also.. try this ..

Re-enabling the lock screen (Settings -> CyanogenMod Settings -> Tablet Tweaks -> Uncheck Disable Lockscreen) then setting an unlock method (Settings -> Location & Security Settings -> Set up screen lock) makes wi-fi re-connects more reliable.

i had been using REGPON wifi Keepalive , with great success for last few weeks , but now removed it and am testing the above..

For those still playing along... I re-enabled lock screen , set a new unlock pattern, rebooted, removed the unlock pattern i had just set , and then disabled lockscreen again ... rebooted once more .. been testing overnight, but already i can tell WIFI is behaving itself, when comming out of 'sleep' state..