[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest towwelgy

This ROM is cool, handsome, it much more usable for me than stock 2.1 ROM.

But... I followed the firmware upgrade since 2.2 from Gen2 devices. And it is the same question.

The 2.1 firmware is directed to "tablet use", you can turn off the G-sensor, and then the interface locked in landscape direction only and you turns to portrait only for couple of single-directed apps. But not the only default direction is lanscape. The phone, lockscreen, and so one applications _can_ use the landscape.

But from 2.2 it is impossible. The default direction if portrait, eah... And if you want to use the landscape, you must use the G-sensor. And if it is G-think the direction changed, so it will turn the screen, sometimes it annoying if sensor can't understand the real direction and turns screen in loop. But all the default applications still usable in landscape if landscape detected.

In CM7 the phone and lockscreen are portrait-only. You must turn the device if you want to call while reading book. And if you unlock the tablet, and foreground application does not have hard direction settings for landscape only, it will be rotated to last app (lock) direction (portrait), and you must double turn or shake device to activate G-sensor switch and restore landscape mode (direction lock in the CM setting work only if G-sensor reports any direction change).

I am understand the CM7 main branch is made for phones, with portrait defaults. I tried the guides to lock the direction as landscape, but it does not work, because it saved in the ROM. I tried to move Phone from 2.2, but it is failed, the GSM "goes offline" and does not work at all.

Am I the only one who does not like the portrait direction for the tablet?

Is it possible to turn the default direction to landscape? Does anyone except me interested with it?

Does anyone tried the good replacement app[-s] for dialer and lockscreen (pattern or pin lock support required) to use directly in the landscape mode, without the device swinging?

Edited by towwelgy

Guest ZaphodB69

Mine appears to be stuck in a loop on bootup.

I've installed Clockwork Recovery and the CM7 from the first post.

Can't access the recovery screen at boot via Power+Vol- so installed Rom Manager which has the ability to boot to recovery screen.

Went to recovery then install Zip from SD card - found the CM7 zip file I'd saved on the SD card and installed.

Rebooted and now in a loop where booting doesnt get past the Cyanogen 7 animation screen - over and over again.

Removed battery for 30 seconds, reinstalled the battery and - back into the animation loop.

Device is the Optus ZTE V9 with Android 2.2 installed off the ZTE site.

How do I get past this loop?

TIA :blink:

PS ok read back a couple of pages and found a post saying redo the Optus 2.2 upgrade. Done that now stuck in a "Yes Optus" logo loop. - any suggestions?

Edited by ZaphodB69

Guest towwelgy
PS ok read back a couple of pages and found a post saying redo the Optus 2.2 upgrade. Done that now stuck in a "Yes Optus" logo loop. - any suggestions?

It should also flash back the FTM (Power-Minus) and DFU (Power-Plus) after battery remove.

Isn't it?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Clockwork recovery 4.0.0.5 comes with a virus? At leaste panda says it has a trojan in it.

The one click recovery app contains an Android exploit (rageagainstthecage) that it uses to get root access. Basicly your antivirus software is right but this time we want the trojan so you'll have to make sure it does not remove it.

Guest michaelperlas

hello guys. im newbie to doing this. anyone can help me? i have ZTE LIGHT/V9. i want to upgrade it to CyanogenMod but i don't how?

Guest skygunner

Is there a way to boot direct into Clockwork recovery? (On 4.0.0.5)

Tried data2ext, worked fine at the first place, replaced with a new card, now won't boot, stuck at ZTE logo now.

Guest QuirkyKiwi
Is there a way to boot direct into Clockwork recovery? (On 4.0.0.5)

Tried data2ext, worked fine at the first place, replaced with a new card, now won't boot, stuck at ZTE logo now.

No, not as far as I know. I had similar issues until KK and friends suggested that I try booting up with the Vol+ key held down the first time after installing the new mod.

I did manage to get my tablet to the point where nothing I tried would allow it to boot, and I ended up using the ZTE programming tool to reflash everything at a low level. That worked perfectly.

I was able to get the tablet back to a generic 2.2 tablet then took it again up to the official Optus Mytab 2.2 (I still can't be sure that I needed to do this step but I did and it worked for me). From the Optus 2.2 I then installed oneclickrecovery which rooted my system then from there installed an older CM7 mod from KK with the changed system memory layout I used the tools and images from here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-ligh...imal-cm7-setup/

Then I went an installed the newest CM7 RC1 from KK from the first post in this thread.

I now have a rock solid 2.3.4 cyanoged Mod (CM7) running that also has built in overclocking capabilites and all the goodies that come with Gingerbread.

I love my mytab (aka ZTE v9) it has provided me with a steep learning curve, lots of challenges, safety (in as much as I managed not to brick it despite my best efforts).

The worst that happened was that I broke a nail with one of my many many many many resets (opening the back case to remove and replace the battery!!!) and I stuffed up my IMEI but have easily put that back together as well.

My best $99 spend in many many years!!!

Guest QuirkyKiwi
Mine appears to be stuck in a loop on bootup.

I've installed Clockwork Recovery and the CM7 from the first post.

Can't access the recovery screen at boot via Power+Vol- so installed Rom Manager which has the ability to boot to recovery screen.

Went to recovery then install Zip from SD card - found the CM7 zip file I'd saved on the SD card and installed.

Rebooted and now in a loop where booting doesnt get past the Cyanogen 7 animation screen - over and over again.

Removed battery for 30 seconds, reinstalled the battery and - back into the animation loop.

Device is the Optus ZTE V9 with Android 2.2 installed off the ZTE site.

How do I get past this loop?

TIA :blink:

I suspect you are in the same situation as I was a while back....I have a suspicion that somewhere along the upgrade processes I managed to stuff up the system memory layout and size and therefore the issue of the rolling boot logos occured.

I was unable to get myself out these loops two times over the space of many experimental mods etc.

The only way I got the tablet back up and running (and I was POSTIVE I had bricked it) was to use the low down ZTE programming tool from here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-ligh...imal-cm7-setup/

to essentially reformat my system memory/layout etc.

FWIW, when they say use the salesMultiDL software to save a copy of your channelx.NVM (usually channel1.nvm) do so, it will save the hassle of having to try and sort out your IMEI in the future!!!

Hope that helps! P.S. just make sure that whatever ROM you are loading has KANG in it not BLADE!!! the ZTE v9 and ZTE Blade are not exactly the same. The optus Mytab is a ZTE V9.\

QK

Guest skygunner
No, not as far as I know. I had similar issues until KK and friends suggested that I try booting up with the Vol+ key held down the first time after installing the new mod.

I did manage to get my tablet to the point where nothing I tried would allow it to boot, and I ended up using the ZTE programming tool to reflash everything at a low level. That worked perfectly.

I was able to get the tablet back to a generic 2.2 tablet then took it again up to the official Optus Mytab 2.2 (I still can't be sure that I needed to do this step but I did and it worked for me). From the Optus 2.2 I then installed oneclickrecovery which rooted my system then from there installed an older CM7 mod from KK with the changed system memory layout I used the tools and images from here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-ligh...imal-cm7-setup/

Then I went an installed the newest CM7 RC1 from KK from the first post in this thread.

I now have a rock solid 2.3.4 cyanoged Mod (CM7) running that also has built in overclocking capabilites and all the goodies that come with Gingerbread.

I love my mytab (aka ZTE v9) it has provided me with a steep learning curve, lots of challenges, safety (in as much as I managed not to brick it despite my best efforts).

The worst that happened was that I broke a nail with one of my many many many many resets (opening the back case to remove and replace the battery!!!) and I stuffed up my IMEI but have easily put that back together as well.

My best $99 spend in many many years!!!

Ok, I guess I need to redo the whole system from zero now.

It's not that convenient you can't boot into CLockwork recovery directly, this means if the firmware screwed up, the only way to correct that is do it from zero, the Clockwork recovery

only works as a flash tool not like a recovery?

Guest kallt_kaffe

New version in first post. I've added some experimental pinch-zoom support that is far from perfect but should help up a lot with Angry Birds where there is no alternative way to zoom in and out.

Guest synaptic

I've done the Re-partition NAND and then updated to the newest (08/07/2011) build, but I can't get any of the Google Apps to install. I was able to install the AHB overclock, so is there any trick I'm missing?

First of all repartitioned with this one:

Thank OneClickRecovery 4.0.0.5

Flashed Clockworkmod 4.0.0.8

Flashed ROM 20110708

Flashed gapps 20110613

Flashed OC Kernel

Now I have Recovery with volume down + Boot :)

I have Overclocked CPU to 800MHz (864MHz freeze the device)

I have Android 2.3.4 and 300MB data partition

Thanks for this perfect job, all works as need..

Now I need a new LCD screen :) Anyone know a place where could I buy? Cause I broke it :(

Guest kallt_kaffe

Now I have Recovery with volume down + Boot :)

Really? Has Sebastion404 done more magic? Sounds like great news.

Btw, new version in first post with different and better pinch-zoom hack.

Guest forforum

Really? Has Sebastion404 done more magic? Sounds like great news.

Btw, new version in first post with different and better pinch-zoom hack.

Just tested his 4.0.0.8 recovery, definitely does the magic!

With your new pinch-zoom hack, I might have missed something, I could not find the image you posted. However, I tried the two finger swipe up down thingy, it worked to a certain degree, but, not too consistent. It some times jumped to the top or bottom of the web page. It may the the way I did it, or my screen calibration was not good. Not complaining, just some feed back for you to refine your magic.

BTW, how did you get a resistive screen to register mutli point touch??

Guest gusper

So I love the tablet now I have 3/7 rev on it but I have 2 questions

1. How do I get flash working I can't even seem to download it anymore from teh market place.

2. Why has my battery life gone out the window, even in standby It seems to eat up 25% overnight

I know these a probably noob questions but I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Guest kallt_kaffe
With your new pinch-zoom hack, I might have missed something, I could not find the image you posted. However, I tried the two finger swipe up down thingy, it worked to a certain degree, but, not too consistent. It some times jumped to the top or bottom of the web page. It may the the way I did it, or my screen calibration was not good. Not complaining, just some feed back for you to refine your magic.

Try these newer kernels, they are less "jumpy".

cm7_zte_v9_overclockable_kernel_20110712.zip

cm7_zte_v9_overclockable_kernel_ahb_20110712.zip

I've also attached the image to this post.

BTW, how did you get a resistive screen to register mutli point touch??

That's impossible afaik. However the screen reports not only position but also pressure. One way to cause it to register a high pressure is to, well, press hard. The other way is to put down two fingers, a few centimenters apart.

So basicly, if the pressure is above a certain limit I report two faked finger positions and the distance between them is controlled by the y-coordinate. You can see it visually in "Multitouch Visualizer 2".

The code can be seen here: https://github.com/k...screen/msm_ts.c (with the interesting part starting at line 226)

The "Flushing" is new in the 20110712 version I linked to above and it reduces the jumpiness you described a bit

Sure, it's not real multitouch, and it's not perfect but it's certainly a lot better than without the hack, especially with Angry Birds that does not have an alternative way of zooming.

post-750537-0-59325200-1310625269_thumb.

Guest kallt_kaffe

This release doesn't work in my zte light pro. Doesn´t support its capacitive screen and i can't enter the pin code.

Hmm... That's propably because I added the calibration code to the MultiTouchInputMapper so your inputs are being calibrated.

Open up the installation zip file and remove the file /system/etc/pointercal and then reinstall using the new zip file.

Guest rulinho

Hmm... That's propably because I added the calibration code to the MultiTouchInputMapper so your inputs are being calibrated.

Open up the installation zip file and remove the file /system/etc/pointercal and then reinstall using the new zip file.

Thank you very much but now I did worse. I tried to relocate an old rom and I used the last repartition NAND and now i can reboot on recovery mode...

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Thank you very much but now I did worse. I tried to relocate an old rom and I used the last repartition NAND and now i can reboot on recovery mode...

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean but you should be able to reflash with the old repartition package that doesn't have the pinch-zoom hack. You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?q4wkee6zfwf4cpk

Guest kallt_kaffe

I tried it but now my tablet cant reboot in recovery mode and i can´t reflash with v9 flasher.

Is the OneClickRecveryV9.apk not working?