[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest ZTE_Blade

Great work with the ROM. I have it running on my Optus MyTab

Could you change the status bar battery icon to show the percentage charge left?

EDIT: I found it in Settings -> CyanogenMod Settings -> interface -> status bar tweaks -> battery percentage

Edited by ZTE_Blade

Guest QuirkyKiwi

Thanks for the headsup, does this mean I do not have to root the device first before proceeding or do I still need to root it first before proceeding?

Thanks again.

that is correct...you do not need to root it.

Plus if you do the nand reflash, then come back to this thread an use one click recovery from the first post it will root the tab for you!

QK

Guest Tear of Pearls

Use Clockwork recovery v4.0.0.2 or later: http://android.podtw...y.php?device=v9

NOTE: This app installs Clockwork v4.0.0.5 for you: http://www.mediafire...26van0x5dx0rwdq

Description

• NOTE: Only for Gen2, ie devices that have been upgraded to 2.2 (If you want to upgrade to Gen2, repartition to a CM7 optimized layout and install CM7 at the same time, go here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-ligh...mal-cm7-setup/)
  • This is a build that corresponds to a "nightly" but it is highly unofficial!
  • Use Google apps from here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/
  • Download 2011-07-11: http://www.mediafire...11v8jvnym999f7w
  • Download 2011-07-15: http://www.mediafire...wmqhpcb98189ls9
  • Download 2011-07-17: http://www.mediafire...06i64kbzc509vpp
  • DO NOT FORGET TO WIPE!!!
    • 2011-07-17 - CM7 now has PAN support (bluetooth tethering) so I think it was worth syncing and compiling a new version.
    • 2011-07-15 - Merged FM radio fixes (fixes battery drain) and camera fixes from the Blade project (Thansk TomG). More tweaking to the "slide-zoom".
    • 2011-07-11 - Changed the pinch-zoom hack to work a bit different. Gives better control but isn't exaclty pinch-zoom anymore. Slide two fingers in parallell up or down like this:
    • 2494d1310460275-zte-light.jpg
    • 2011-07-08 - Added experimental pinch-zoom support. Far from perfect but should be good enough to make Angry Birds zoomin work.
    • 2011-07-03 - Custom kernel with overclocking and extra scaling governors (interactive & smartass). Also both kernel and CM are now compiled for VMSPLIT_3G. This means that old kernels (pre 2011-07-03) is NOT compatible and must not be used
    • 2011-06-27 - FM Radio & USB tethering (all thanks to the development on CM7 for the ZTE Blade), updated proprietary libs with new versions from TeliaSonera official 2.2 upgrade.
    • 2011-06-15 - "Recent apps" now makes use of the full resolution of the screen.
    • 2011-06-06 - Backgrounds are now highres. Rotary lockscreen correct size (and turned on by default). Android keyboard height increased. (Been reusing stuff invented for the Nook color CM7 port)
    • 2011-05-31 - Install works fine (at least for me) but it needed some more /tmp space in Clockwork (se above).
    • 2011-05-29 - This version really should work to install without running out of space on /tmp in Clockwork.
    • 2011-05-28 - Fixed the installscript that was broken i the last version.
    • 2011-05-27 - Removed hdpi graphics. Telephone audio should now always be routed to external speaker.
    • 2011-05-25 - Touchscreen calibration support and also added ldpi and hdpi bitmaps (for those who experiment with different LCD densities)
    • 2011-05-21 - Better autobrightness levels and lockscreen disabled by default.
    • 2011-05-20 - Inital version

Tips & Tricks

[*]Go into Settings and CyanogenMod Settings and turn on the 180 degree rotation.

Sources: https://github.com/kalltkaffe

For AHB overclocking install this update! (Do NOT use this with previous (pre 2011-07-15) versions): http://www.mediafire...k6m1wympoi5i4ai

NOTE: This is an optional update that overclocks the AHB bus with 50% (increases the memory access speed but can cause instability) and should be installed AFTER installing CM7.

Hey mate,

using this mod. Having a blank/black screen after making calls. Did some searching and found that this has been a problem previously. Has this problem not been fixed in this mod?

thanks.

-

Guest modacool

Hey mate,

using this mod. Having a blank/black screen after making calls. Did some searching and found that this has been a problem previously. Has this problem not been fixed in this mod?

thanks.

are you using this on a blade? (just thought I'd ask)

on mine it works perfectly, just Wipe and reinstall.

-

Guest BbErSeRkK

Hi Guys,

Thanks for this great mod!

couple of questions/issues:

in file 05mountsd located: /system/etc/init.d/

line 43 mounts the sd-ext as ext3 what if you have a ext4 partition? should this be auto. sorry I am a newb dunno where to report that issue. I mounted my system partition and modified to ext4 for my purposes.

Also has anyone used theme chooser to use androidian theme?. doesn't seem to work.

thanks again for great mod!

Guest kiting

I had that problem once, do a complete wipe and reflash the latest update + goggles apps

Sent from CM7 V9 using Tapatalk

Thanx Gaz14 for your feedback, i do a complete wipe and reflash as your instruction, but it doesn't work, i still can't download app above 4 mb.

I use gapps-gb-20110613-signed.

Guest QuirkyKiwi

Thanx Gaz14 for your feedback, i do a complete wipe and reflash as your instruction, but it doesn't work, i still can't download app above 4 mb.

I use gapps-gb-20110613-signed.

Can you let us know one of the >4Mb apps that you are trying to install, I will try to dl and install on mine and let you know.

QK

Guest kiting

Can you let us know one of the >4Mb apps that you are trying to install, I will try to dl and install on mine and let you know.

QK

all app >4 Mb, you can try one of it. camera360, i can't dl even it's only 3,89 Mb.

Guest New Liquid Metal

Thanks to KK, installation went flawlessly, I am now officially on the latest CM7 and Clock Work (thanks to SEBASTIAN).......my V9 now got a new lease of life! Great great stuff........

I do have an issue with my gps apps (Papago), the apps seem to run in a small screen format, like the size of a phone screen, is there any way to correct this?

Other than that, apps well......happy rooting and flashing people!

Guest QuirkyKiwi

all app >4 Mb, you can try one of it. camera360, i can't dl even it's only 3,89 Mb.

Hmmm...not sure what is going on then. I just went to android market and downloaded and installed camera360 (Free) 3.89Mb version 2.4.1 and it works perfectly.

I currently one of KK's CM7 mods installed (15/7/2011) from the first post of this thread installed with Gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip, these were both installed after a fresh flash

I am not running the kernel that allows AHB overclocking at present. But do run my tablet permenantly overclocked with smartass at a maximum of 806Mhz, which for this tablet is 100% stable.

Hope that helps you figuring out what is going on.

QK

Guest QuirkyKiwi

Is there anyway to get FM radio to external speakers

Sent from my V9 using Tapatalk

Yes but only with powered USB speakers....as the tablet does not appear to supply power through the USB port. You'd obviously need the proper cable as described a few pages back here.

Guest romeu paz

Hi!

My v9 with the latest release of cm7 from here do not ask for pin for the sim and do not connect to network.

Anyone with the same problem? Any fix?

Tks

Guest r3ptil3

hi guys,

got a little stuck here.

ive successfully installed the rom (15/7/2011), the overclock and mods etc and have everything up and running

it was working fine originally, as after the install i managed to play around with it for a while

ive installed a couple of apps (such as no lock, aldiko, dolphin browser) and ive activated the lock after screen times out (with a pin) but now i find that the touchscreen wont respond at all

i take out the battery and power it back on and it loads fine, but i find that none of the buttons (back button, menu) respond, nor does the touchscreen. (pressing the power and volume buttons works)

im also finding i cant FTM mode to try and reinstall the ROM

i can press the power button and it brings up the "shutdown menu" options fine, but i just cant select anything

EDIT : ok, nvm. fixed it =)

@ quickykiwi : with the overclocking, whats the difference between ondemand and smartass? and what have you set as your min speed? cheers!

any advice?

Thanks in advance

Edited by r3ptil3

Guest kiting

Hmmm...not sure what is going on then. I just went to android market and downloaded and installed camera360 (Free) 3.89Mb version 2.4.1 and it works perfectly.

I currently one of KK's CM7 mods installed (15/7/2011) from the first post of this thread installed with Gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip, these were both installed after a fresh flash http://android.modac...tup-2011-07-11/

I am not running the kernel that allows AHB overclocking at present. But do run my tablet permenantly overclocked with smartass at a maximum of 806Mhz, which for this tablet is 100% stable.

Hope that helps you figuring out what is going on.

QK

ok, thanx QK..., i'll try to reflash same as your's. rom 15/7/2011 and Gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

you did permanent o/c? how about the battery usage QK?

Guest New Liquid Metal

Thanks QuirkyKiwi for your headsup......otherwise I would have to go thru every version individually!! Some much easier the way you pointed to me!!! All works great, installed the AHB overclocking kernel too.....so far all going with flying colors!!

Thanks man!!

Guest kiting

I do have an issue with my gps apps (Papago), the apps seem to run in a small screen format, like the size of a phone screen, is there any way to correct this?

you can set it up from spare parts, and uncheck the Compatibility Mode.

Guest samarium

QK

Maybe the apps are downloaded into the cache partition which is approx 5M?

Look in /cache while you are downloading and see if you have a growing file.

hi guys,

got a little stuck here.

ive successfully installed the rom (15/7/2011), the overclock and mods etc and have everything up and running

it was working fine originally, as after the install i managed to play around with it for a while

ive installed a couple of apps (such as no lock, aldiko, dolphin browser) and ive activated the lock after screen times out (with a pin) but now i find that the touchscreen wont respond at all

i take out the battery and power it back on and it loads fine, but i find that none of the buttons (back button, menu) respond, nor does the touchscreen. (pressing the power and volume buttons works)

im also finding i cant FTM mode to try and reinstall the ROM

i can press the power button and it brings up the "shutdown menu" options fine, but i just cant select anything

EDIT : ok, nvm. fixed it =)

@ quickykiwi : with the overclocking, whats the difference between ondemand and smartass? and what have you set as your min speed? cheers!

any advice?

Thanks in advance

I had this problem also, played with some settings and the screen didn't respond after reboot. Didn't fiind a sollution to reboot into recovery and had to flash it all over again from FTM. Was there any easy sollution?

Guest New Liquid Metal

you can set it up from spare parts, and uncheck the Compatibility Mode.

Thanks for the tip....all the apps with this issue works like before(when using stock rom 2.2) now! Great help!!

Really enjoying the Tab now!!! Again...thanks a million man!

Guest QuirkyKiwi

any advice?

Thanks in advance

I had the same questions when I was looking at the available governors, I opted for Smartass due to the tablet feeling a little snappier using it. I ran most of the governors for a day or so trying them in real world situations. I beleive the governors are different in the way that they 'ramp' up the speed in reaction to load. Sorry I don't know more than that...perhaps KK could shed some light...I figure he would be the best chance for an informed view of this.

I leave the min clock as the default as I want the governor to save my battery whenever possible, I have heard that taking this value too low can also lead to instability.

Hope that helps!

QK

p.s. glad you got past your issue!

Guest QuirkyKiwi

ok, thanx QK..., i'll try to reflash same as your's. rom 15/7/2011 and Gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

you did permanent o/c? how about the battery usage QK?

Yes I did permanently overclock but ONLY after testing for a very long time.....I was conservative in making that move because the last thing you need is for the tablet to go into a shutdown loop if you permanently overclock too high.

What I did was take my overclock to the highest setting that was completely stable then I took it back one notch to make 100% that I had a fully functional tablet, that approach seems to have worked beautifully.

Regarding battery life, unfortunately I have been unable to compare apples and apples, as there are too many variables, including which of the CM7 mods you install. Some have had issues with battery drain.

I get 1-2 days worth of 'fairly hard/constant' use out of my battery with a fairly good overclock.

BTW to test the overclock initially I use an app called 'stability test' from App market, that gives me a quick and dirty way to check what the theorectical max CPU I can run. It goes through and tests the CPU and memory by scaling up to the maximum you have set. I take it as far as I can before it stalls then te next reboot take it back a notch and start real world testing. Normally I need to take it back another notch for ultimate stability.

Important DO NOT SET THE PERMANENT OVERCLOCK UNTIL IT IS 100% STABLE!!

Guest pingu686

Hi!

My v9 with the latest release of cm7 from here do not ask for pin for the sim and do not connect to network.

Anyone with the same problem? Any fix?

Tks

Remove SIM lock and reboot your V9 and it should connect to the network.

Guest QuirkyKiwi

Remove SIM lock and reboot your V9 and it should connect to the network.

After installing CM7 you do not need to unlock the tablet....

In terms of connecting to the network, you will need to let us know if you are talking about WIFI or the phone network (eg Optus etc). If it is the latter then you will most likely need to contact your carrier to get the network access point names and re-set them up.

If it is trouble connecting to WIFI you may need to experiment with the type of encryption or security through your router.

Post some more specific information and we can try to help.

QK