[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest New Liquid Metal

I am new here,

How could i flash the cm7 and the google apps

Is there any ways i can follow?

Thanks

The easiest way is too install the cm7 with repartitioning of nand memory first. You will see this at the main page of this forum for v9. This installation will root and install the cm7 using rom from July 11th.

Then come back to this thread 1st page and download the clock work and install it. Once you have clock work installed, you can now upgrade the cm7 you have (july 11th) to the latest version (july 17th).

Hope this helps.

Guest New Liquid Metal

Dolphin Mini Browser keeps crashing on me when I press settings.

Anyone else having this problem?

Not sure about the mini version but I am running the Dolphin HD version and no issue.......

Guest knnthg

The easiest way is too install the cm7 with repartitioning of nand memory first. You will see this at the main page of this forum for v9. This installation will root and install the cm7 using rom from July 11th.

Then come back to this thread 1st page and download the clock work and install it. Once you have clock work installed, you can now upgrade the cm7 you have (july 11th) to the latest version (july 17th).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply, i have install the cm7 sucessfully.

And could i move the app to sd now?

How to do that?

Guest New Liquid Metal

How to do that?

Go to market and download an apps call apps2sd......

Guest New Liquid Metal

Hi Kaffe,

I was wondering is there anyway to install another launcher besides adw? I tried installing spb but I cannot get spb to be the default launcher? It always default back to adw......any tweaks I can do to fix this?

Edited by New Liquid Metal

Guest Gaz14

How to do that?

If you want to go further then the android native apps2sd then partition you sd card to have a ext2/3/4 partition

and install this zip http://cloud.addictivetips.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta03-signed.zip in recovery

download app2sdgui from the market and click the settings you can set it to move all data in terminal with the command a2sd datasd if you want more space but it will probably cause problems i had massively long booting times and had to boot with volume up and had some random reboots while using wifi or hotspot when i did that

Guest r3ptil3

I had this problem also, played with some settings and the screen didn't respond after reboot. Didn't fiind a sollution to reboot into recovery and had to flash it all over again from FTM. Was there any easy sollution?

sorry, i went the same route as you.

had to flash it again from FTM as well

but the main thing is that it works now! =)

o, btw did you also have "no lock" installed? or did the touchscreen just randomly stop responding for you?

im not sure if that app was the issue - ive used it with another android phone that i had before and it did interfere occasionally with my lockscreen - but its never caused my whole touchscreen to stop working

i did re-install no lock after i got my zte back up and running and i used it for a short time and the problem didnt come up again, but in the end i uninstalled it

i havnt had any issues with the touchscreen being non-responsive since *touch wood*

i really dont know if that app was the issue and i guess im not really willing to test it and have to go through the hassle of re-flashing it again

Edited by r3ptil3

Guest r3ptil3

I had the same questions when I was looking at the available governors, I opted for Smartass due to the tablet feeling a little snappier using it. I ran most of the governors for a day or so trying them in real world situations. I beleive the governors are different in the way that they 'ramp' up the speed in reaction to load. Sorry I don't know more than that...perhaps KK could shed some light...I figure he would be the best chance for an informed view of this.

I leave the min clock as the default as I want the governor to save my battery whenever possible, I have heard that taking this value too low can also lead to instability.

Hope that helps!

QK

p.s. glad you got past your issue!

ok, thx for the reply qk!

ill try using smartass and see how that goes. ive set my min cpu as 245. hopefully that should be fine

just in case, what was the default value again?

and do you tick the option for "set on boot - restore CPU settings on boot"?

the battery life on this is pretty good imo, but i find that it takes a VERY long time to fully charge.

Guest r3ptil3

Dolphin Mini Browser keeps crashing on me when I press settings.

Anyone else having this problem?

yep, suffering the same.

mini is a good light weight browser and ive used it with the previous versions of this rom (i think the one just before the pinch to zoom was added, i forget which one) and it worked fine

i cant figure out why =(

it keeps closing with "has encountered an unexpected error and needs to close" and then when you try to run it again it comes up with "restore tabs - restore/start normally"

somewhat frustrating. should we report it the the dev?

any suggestions or ideas as to a similar lightweight browser?

Guest Gaz14

ok, thx for the reply qk!

ill try using smartass and see how that goes. ive set my min cpu as 245. hopefully that should be fine

just in case, what was the default value again?

and do you tick the option for "set on boot - restore CPU settings on boot"?

the battery life on this is pretty good imo, but i find that it takes a VERY long time to fully charge.

245 is the default

Takes me about 2 hours to charge from the wall socket from 0%

Sent from CM7 V9 using Tapatalk

Guest QuirkyKiwi

kalit wont there be any newer version available???

There will always be a new updates...just a matter of time!

Good things take time!

Edited by QuirkyKiwi

Guest komakino

I have a problem with the german V9-version, sold in germany as Base Tab. It has a

capacitive touchscreen and so it is not right calibrated at CM7. I can not open the lockscreen, Checkboxes are working, but at the OK.button calibration ist wrong again. Is there any workaround to solve the problem??

Guest New Liquid Metal

I have a problem with the german V9-version, sold in germany as Base Tab. It has a

capacitive touchscreen and so it is not right calibrated at CM7. I can not open the lockscreen, Checkboxes are working, but at the OK.button calibration ist wrong again. Is there any workaround to solve the problem??

Run the calibration apps that comes with cm7.

Guest New Liquid Metal

Just want to check with you guys on the battery usage on this cm7, is it very high? Mine seem to be pretty high, I habe it charged up 100% in the morning, thru out the day, light usage eg.checking/replying emails, whatapps and Facebooking. By evening 6 pm, its almost 60% gone.....is this on the high side?

Guest komakino

Run the calibration apps that comes with cm7.

I can not run the calibration app because i can not open the lockscreen caused by the calibration problem. :-(

Guest New Liquid Metal

I can not run the calibration app because i can not open the lockscreen caused by the calibration problem. :-(

Usually it's off by a bit to left(or right)...you just have to "feel" your way until you can run the calibration apps.....

Try pressing slightly to the left or right of the button or what ever you r trying to press on......otherwise you have to re-install from the top again and make sure you run the calibration apps first.....

Guest komakino

Hopeless.

Now I was able to run the calibration tool. But after rebooting the calibration was as bad as before.

Softkey are not working, too.

Went back to 2.2 Stock-Rom.

Thx for your help.

Edited by komakino

Guest patsos345

Ok guys you've been helpful enough.. managed to install cm7 and all ok. I find it a little less responsive than previous 2.2 stock. I might be mistaken.. Anyway. I get 2 problems

1. I can't find a way to write in languages other than english, using the softkeyboard. anyone knows a workaround? I would like to write in Greek since i was able to do so in stock froyo 2.2.

2. After I install google apps I see only gmail. no maps, no market....

Thanks in advance.

Guest Gaz14

Hopeless.

Now I was able to run the calibration tool. But after rebooting the calibration was as bad as before.

Softkey are not working, too.

Went back to 2.2 Stock-Rom.

Thx for your help.

You need to install a build before the slide zoom was introduced because it messes with the capacitive calibration.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zbrrx55q55t1m66By is the latest build without

Edited by Gaz14

Guest leonheart1

Sorry can you repost your link? It doesn't work... The problem is how can I enter the restore screen? My screen is just black with a few lines and a word "clockwor" not even clockwork.... :D

I've got this exact same problem. Can't seem to enter DFU mode anymore and computer doesn't detect it.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Guest knnthg

Use Clockwork recovery v4.0.0.2 or later: http://android.podtw...y.php?device=v9

NOTE: This app installs Clockwork v4.0.0.5 for you: http://www.mediafire...26van0x5dx0rwdq

Description

• NOTE: Only for Gen2, ie devices that have been upgraded to 2.2 (If you want to upgrade to Gen2, repartition to a CM7 optimized layout and install CM7 at the same time, go here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-ligh...mal-cm7-setup/)
  • This is a build that corresponds to a "nightly" but it is highly unofficial!
  • Use Google apps from here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/
  • Download 2011-07-11: http://www.mediafire...11v8jvnym999f7w
  • Download 2011-07-15: http://www.mediafire...wmqhpcb98189ls9
  • Download 2011-07-17: http://www.mediafire...06i64kbzc509vpp
  • DO NOT FORGET TO WIPE!!!
    • 2011-07-17 - CM7 now has PAN support (bluetooth tethering) so I think it was worth syncing and compiling a new version.
    • 2011-07-15 - Merged FM radio fixes (fixes battery drain) and camera fixes from the Blade project (Thansk TomG). More tweaking to the "slide-zoom".
    • 2011-07-11 - Changed the pinch-zoom hack to work a bit different. Gives better control but isn't exaclty pinch-zoom anymore. Slide two fingers in parallell up or down like this:
    • 2494d1310460275-zte-light.jpg
    • 2011-07-08 - Added experimental pinch-zoom support. Far from perfect but should be good enough to make Angry Birds zoomin work.
    • 2011-07-03 - Custom kernel with overclocking and extra scaling governors (interactive & smartass). Also both kernel and CM are now compiled for VMSPLIT_3G. This means that old kernels (pre 2011-07-03) is NOT compatible and must not be used
    • 2011-06-27 - FM Radio & USB tethering (all thanks to the development on CM7 for the ZTE Blade), updated proprietary libs with new versions from TeliaSonera official 2.2 upgrade.
    • 2011-06-15 - "Recent apps" now makes use of the full resolution of the screen.
    • 2011-06-06 - Backgrounds are now highres. Rotary lockscreen correct size (and turned on by default). Android keyboard height increased. (Been reusing stuff invented for the Nook color CM7 port)
    • 2011-05-31 - Install works fine (at least for me) but it needed some more /tmp space in Clockwork (se above).
    • 2011-05-29 - This version really should work to install without running out of space on /tmp in Clockwork.
    • 2011-05-28 - Fixed the installscript that was broken i the last version.
    • 2011-05-27 - Removed hdpi graphics. Telephone audio should now always be routed to external speaker.
    • 2011-05-25 - Touchscreen calibration support and also added ldpi and hdpi bitmaps (for those who experiment with different LCD densities)
    • 2011-05-21 - Better autobrightness levels and lockscreen disabled by default.
    • 2011-05-20 - Inital version

Tips & Tricks

[*]Go into Settings and CyanogenMod Settings and turn on the 180 degree rotation.

Sources: https://github.com/kalltkaffe

For AHB overclocking install this update! (Do NOT use this with previous (pre 2011-07-15) versions): http://www.mediafire...k6m1wympoi5i4ai

NOTE: This is an optional update that overclocks the AHB bus with 50% (increases the memory access speed but can cause instability) and should be installed AFTER installing CM7.

Does this rom could app to sd? I TRY IT , IT DOESNT WORK.

Guest knnthg

Hope this helps.

Thanks, it works. But i have another problem, does it apply the app2SD