[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest knnthg

If you want to go further then the android native apps2sd then partition you sd card to have a ext2/3/4 partition

and install this zip http://cloud.addicti...ta03-signed.zip in recovery

download app2sdgui from the market and click the settings you can set it to move all data in terminal with the command a2sd datasd if you want more space but it will probably cause problems i had massively long booting times and had to boot with volume up and had some random reboots while using wifi or hotspot when i did that

I try the SD partition to EX2 AND FAT, but it doesnt found the ext2 in the phone

Guest knnthg

If you want to go further then the android native apps2sd then partition you sd card to have a ext2/3/4 partition

and install this zip http://cloud.addicti...ta03-signed.zip in recovery

download app2sdgui from the market and click the settings you can set it to move all data in terminal with the command a2sd datasd if you want more space but it will probably cause problems i had massively long booting times and had to boot with volume up and had some random reboots while using wifi or hotspot when i did that

what is that app2sdgui? it is app2sd?

Guest komakino

I am using the one by Sam Lui or something to that name.....

Maybe you should try s2e from the market. It runs in Blade CM7 roms. So I think, it must run at the V9, too.

Guest Gaz14

I've used the script I posted with a2sdgui and s2e I found no problems with either unless you move app data (/data/data) to sd-ext I recommended a2sdgui because it only offers the basic feature not the data option unless you use terminal

Also with the 300 mb data partition you might need to delete some ringtones, wallpapers or apps from the system directory to make enough room for the script to install

Or use the other partition maps kaffe posted earlier 156mb system 5mb cache

Guest komakino

You need to install a build before the slide zoom was introduced because it messes with the capacitive calibration.

http://www.mediafire...rrx55q55t1m66By is the latest build without

Here ist a working version for ZTE V9 (BASE Tab) with capacitive touchscreen.

update cm 7.1.0 RC1 V9 KANG signed 20110702.zip

http://www.mediafire...pm5ggmcmiiwdg#1

Thx for the tip with the slide zoom.

Edited by komakino

Guest knnthg

I've used the script I posted with a2sdgui and s2e I found no problems with either unless you move app data (/data/data) to sd-ext I recommended a2sdgui because it only offers the basic feature not the data option unless you use terminal

Also with the 300 mb data partition you might need to delete some ringtones, wallpapers or apps from the system directory to make enough room for the script to install

Or use the other partition maps kaffe posted earlier 156mb system 5mb cache

thanks for all the replies, COuld u give the link where to download the file

Guest QuirkyKiwi

any way of restoring the device for warranty purpose??

Yes there is a fairly easy way if you are running an optus tablet

You will need to download and use Optus_V9 Upgrade Tool_30th_April_Patched to be able to take the tablet back to a stock Froyo ROM, this will allow you to then run the genuine Optus 2.2 upgrade tool from their website to install Froyo 2.2 with all the original optus software. It won't touch your SD card.

The official ZTE 2.2 upgrade is available in the downloads section here http://www.zte.com.au/optus/V9.htm

You will most lilely not be able to run the official optus 2.2 upgrade without first getting rid of cm7 and taking the tablet back to a stock rom.

From Kalte_Kaffe

Try this... Power up with volume-down pressed. You won't get FTM and you won't get into Clockwork but it will put the device in a mode where it can be flashed.

First the try the offcial upgrade, it may work to use it to redo the upgrade.

If it complains then I have extracted the flashable files from the official Optus MyTab upgrade so that they can be used with the hacked flasher.

Get this and unpack it: http://www.mediafire...hap4qm0lr2ugw1p

With the device still in "programmable" mode connect it to your computer and use device manager to find out what COM port it is using. It's will say something about Diagonstic port and/or DFU.

Now configure the hacked flasher to use this port (Option->Port Config) and you will see one of the ports change to from "Open" to "Ready".

Check "Backup NV" and then press "Starta All". This will create a Channel1.nvm that you should make a copy of just in case you loose your IMEI.

Now set it back to to "Download" press "SW Directory" and point it to the "files" folder which contains all the .mbn and .img files.

Press "Start All" and it will reflash your phone with the official Optus MyTab 2.2 update. The update process usally takes 3-4 minutes.

And btw, your mistake was not only that you flashed a Gen1 ROM. You flashed a Blade ROM. Blade ROMs are NOT the same as V9/Light ROMs even though they are very similar.

Guest ZTE_Blade

I must be getting better at this, all done in a few minutes. One thing I have noticed is my screen is way off calibration over an inch too low and off to one side. I'm trying to get past the setup stage as I can't press some buttons to progress to get to the screen to calibrate. Just rebooting again to see if I can get past...

bugger now it's left an inch up 1/2 inch lol this makes it tricky, already lost my app menu and dialler button.

great there is no calibration app!!!

removing the battery now.

Lol found it, it's been renamed ATE V9 lite tools and it's in there, nice...

and it forced closed, restarting again after a reboot.

Just flashed it again and it's still the same. going back to CM7_20110717

back in CM7_20110717 and everything is back to normal, phew!

Edited by ZTE_Blade

Guest ZTE_Blade

AHB overclocking that is in the first post is dated 20110808...is it safe to apply to the CM7 rom in the first post dated [2011-08-15] ??

Yeah it'll be fine.

Guest kallt_kaffe

AHB overclocking that is in the first post is dated 20110808...is it safe to apply to the CM7 rom in the first post dated [2011-08-15] ??

Yes, the thing is that I've released several versions between 2011-07-17 and 2011-08-15 in the swedish android forums and the kernel has not changed since the 2011-08-08 version.

Guest kallt_kaffe

There is a graphic bug if you want to see the last running apps.

post-850140-0-53579200-1313522033_thumb.

Yes, sorry about that. I've temporarily removed a fix I made for that problem to make it easier to merge the V9 port into official CM7. I'll try to get the fix back once the V9 has been added.