[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

hey guys for some reason i cant get mobile data working in this build, any ideas?

Check your APN settings. Also if you have a PIN code on your SIM then you must not disable the lockscreen.

Guest Stephen J. Knill

hey guys for some reason i cant get mobile data working in this build, any ideas?

Getting the same problem here, I believe the APN settings are correct... since I use a custom config file which I use across all my devices (and works perfectly fine on others devices, and was working on this device before updating to this version)

This is not really an issue for me, as I mainly use WiFi for internet access... however I do on occasion use the Mobile Data when out'n'about so thought it prudent for me to test it now before I actually require it.

After various tests I have managed to find workable APN settings again, strangely the ones that worked previously are no longer functioning... (Most APN settings for Australian Networks needed tweaking, partly due to minor changes these providers have made to their provider settings which I discovered during these tests... however exactly why the previous APN settings I was using suddenly stopped working after updating to this version is a slight puzzle)

-- Anyone else in Australia having difficulty, please send me a message (Preferable mentioning which network you are using... I.E. Optus Pre-Paid) And I will forward you the workable settings. (If you don't mention the network... I'll just forward the full apns-conf.xml file with "updating" instructions)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

• 2 weeks later...
Guest New Liquid Metal

Anyone tried using the latest release with hot spot tethering? I have some problem using it, the hot spot shuts down when the screen goes to sleep. I need to keep the screen awake in order to user it for the time being. Any idea for a fix?

Guest New Liquid Metal

Tried the Blade wifi fix, didn't work, I tried a few other apps from market to fix wifi but still fail to solve the problem. I am not talking about using the wifi to access the internet, I am talking about turning our Tab into a portable wifi hotspot so that other devices can use to access the internet.

As soon as the screen goes to sleep, the wifi tethering turns itself off and does not know to stay awake even the wifi tethering symbol is still on. But if the Tab is charging, then the wifi tethering seem to work, even if the screen goes to sleep, the wifi tethering still stay awake. Then a soon as I unplug the charging cable, the wifi tethering goes off.

I guess this have to wait for Kaffe to check out the code and see if he can rectify the problem our not.

Guest richarddwyer10

Yeah this is a common bug that cm7 has on this tab.but you can still use wifi hot spot just keep the screen on or use it plugged in with keep awake on.

Guest New Liquid Metal

I see, then I guess no point me complaining, just work around it by plugging in the charger.

Thanks alot Richard, otherwise I would have gone round and round trying to figure out what went wrong...;)

Thanks again man!

Guest rangatangaa

ive been using the latest update and have noticed the wallpaper wont change unless wifi hack is ticked in ADW. I have also noticed that if you change the background for the lock screen (CM Settings > Lockscreen > Style Options > Choose Background) to an image the phone will reboot when the device is playing music and becomes locked(took me forever to realize that was the problem) would be good if the wallpaper problems were fixed.

Yes i have done both a clean wipe and re-flashed cm7. and the problem still persists.

would be greatly appreciated if this was fixed.

Guest New Liquid Metal

ive been using the latest update and have noticed the wallpaper wont change unless wifi hack is ticked in ADW. I have also noticed that if you change the background for the lock screen (CM Settings > Lockscreen > Style Options > Choose Background) to an image the phone will reboot when the device is playing music and becomes locked(took me forever to realize that was the problem) would be good if the wallpaper problems were fixed.

Yes i have done both a clean wipe and re-flashed cm7. and the problem still persists.

Hi, I couldn't find wifi hack in ADW, so couldn't duplicate your problem. As for the second issue, nothing seen to happen after I change the background to an image, the imagine I change did not get displayed. I tried playing music after that and my system did not reboot or lock. Do you have any other so call performance enhancing apps installed? Our did I miss a step from your first thread?

Guest Stephen J. Knill

ADW doesn't have permissions to control the WiFi, therefore it has no "WiFi Hack".... but I presume you are referring to the "Wallpaper Hack" in the System Preferences of ADW Settings. wink.gif

I've been using SwiftDroid with ADW (Paid) for some time now, and have never occurred this problem (altho I've never used a custom image before either...).

I have just adjusted the settings of my phones (LG GT540, LG GT540f & ZTE V9) trying to recreate this issue... to no avail, no matter what I do it works fine. (Without adding additional media software into the mix to force a screwup...)

I suspect there might be a 3rd party application causing you some problems there... if you are using the free version of ADW it could just be faulty (remember that most ppl focus updates and fixes for paid versions, letting their free versions have flaws to "encourage" you to upgrade)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

Guest rangatangaa

yea sorry i did mean wallpaper hack. that only allows me to change the wallpaper as without it, it stays stock.

the main problem is in the cyanogenmod settings as i specified with the lock screen wallpaper causing the phone to restart after locking the screen

i have done a full wipe and have started again with minimal programs installed which it will still do it if the lockscreen wallpaper is changed to an image.

I use Cubed media player but have also tryed with the default and the problem persists with both. (upon locking the screen with music playing)

thankyou both for replying and trying to help this issue as i find the default wallpaper fairly bland and boring :P (no offence cyanogenmod)

Guest pqdzung

I installed update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-V9-KANG-signed-20110717.zip and it looks great, however I cannot watch flash websites any more, except Youtube (the youtube app works fine).

There is always a dead blank screen or a blue cube in the middle, meaning no flash player configured even when I have Flash 10.2 installed (10.1 was not working either).

Any ideas please?

pqdzung

Guest pqdzung

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1155538

Try this working on this v9

Thanks richarddwyer10, but it looks like Adobe Flash 10.1 which is backward of mine 10.2, so it did not change anything even with dolphin.

Two of my most curios points:

- why Youtube is still working

- why my previous ROM was working even with Opera, I am not sure what is missing now in new CM7 ROM

Any ideas are welcome.

pqdzung

Guest richarddwyer10

I don't know because I can't read it either bit it seems 100% stable and faster than the last build before but you're problem with flash 10.2 can't help you with because I only use 10.1 hacked version I've never got 10.2 to work at all how did you do it?

Guest New Liquid Metal

Thanks Richard. Are you on the 819 release too? How do you find it? Actually Adobe 10.1 is good enough for me....not necessary to go the latest......

Do let me know what your feedback is on the 819 release, if ok, will download and flash it....