[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest jcaferra

Use Clockwork recovery v4.0.0.2 or later: http://android.podtw...y.php?device=v9

NOTE: This app installs Clockwork v4.0.0.8 for you: http://www.mediafire...mhueppg4idy7574

Description

• NOTE: Only for Gen2, ie devices that have been upgraded to 2.2 (If you want to upgrade to Gen2, repartition to a CM7 optimized layout and install CM7 at the same time, go here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/342556-repartition-nand-for-optimal-cm7-setup-2011-08-15/)
  • This is a build that corresponds to a "nightly" but it is highly unofficial!
  • Use Google apps from here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/
  • Download 2011-07-11: http://www.mediafire...11v8jvnym999f7w
  • Download 2011-07-15: http://www.mediafire...wmqhpcb98189ls9
  • Download 2011-07-17: http://www.mediafire...06i64kbzc509vpp
  • Download 2011-08-15: http://www.mediafire...a2lmasbzb4tjznq
  • DO NOT FORGET TO WIPE!!!
    • 2011-08-15 - BT & Wifi can now coexist (stop both and start BT first if you have problems). Calibration is now controlled by kernel. Should make it work fine with capacitive screens again. New app for calibration and gesture emulation tweaking. It can also be used to turn on and off USB charging. Two finger rotation emulation can now also be done. Done just like the pinch-zoom emulation but on the other axis.
    • 2011-07-17 - CM7 now has PAN support (bluetooth tethering) so I think it was worth syncing and compiling a new version.
    • 2011-07-15 - Merged FM radio fixes (fixes battery drain) and camera fixes from the Blade project (Thansk TomG). More tweaking to the "slide-zoom".
    • 2011-07-11 - Changed the pinch-zoom hack to work a bit different. Gives better control but isn't exaclty pinch-zoom anymore. Slide two fingers in parallell up or down like this:
    • 2494d1310460275-zte-light.jpg
    • 2011-07-08 - Added experimental pinch-zoom support. Far from perfect but should be good enough to make Angry Birds zoomin work.
    • 2011-07-03 - Custom kernel with overclocking and extra scaling governors (interactive & smartass). Also both kernel and CM are now compiled for VMSPLIT_3G. This means that old kernels (pre 2011-07-03) is NOT compatible and must not be used
    • 2011-06-27 - FM Radio & USB tethering (all thanks to the development on CM7 for the ZTE Blade), updated proprietary libs with new versions from TeliaSonera official 2.2 upgrade.
    • 2011-06-15 - "Recent apps" now makes use of the full resolution of the screen.
    • 2011-06-06 - Backgrounds are now highres. Rotary lockscreen correct size (and turned on by default). Android keyboard height increased. (Been reusing stuff invented for the Nook color CM7 port)
    • 2011-05-31 - Install works fine (at least for me) but it needed some more /tmp space in Clockwork (se above).
    • 2011-05-29 - This version really should work to install without running out of space on /tmp in Clockwork.
    • 2011-05-28 - Fixed the installscript that was broken i the last version.
    • 2011-05-27 - Removed hdpi graphics. Telephone audio should now always be routed to external speaker.
    • 2011-05-25 - Touchscreen calibration support and also added ldpi and hdpi bitmaps (for those who experiment with different LCD densities)
    • 2011-05-21 - Better autobrightness levels and lockscreen disabled by default.
    • 2011-05-20 - Inital version

Tips & Tricks

[*]Go into Settings and CyanogenMod Settings and turn on the 180 degree rotation.

Sources: https://github.com/kalltkaffe

For AHB overclocking install this update! (Do NOT use this with previous (pre 2011-08-15) versions): http://www.mediafire...gnzrr154xw3xk8e NOTE: This is an optional update that overclocks the AHB bus with 50% (increases the memory access speed but can cause instability) and should be installed AFTER installing CM7.

How to undo AHB overclocking?My zte becomes very slowly after this update

Guest ds_x_man

I ran into the same problems when I first tried out this rom. My issue, I believe, was that I didn't clear the cache before I rebooted.

Eventually, with the help of everyone here, I managed to get out of it.

I took note of all the steps I followed, and wanted to tidy it up a bit before I posted it, but here is my very rough walkthrough...

(Not sure if all the steps are strictly necessary, but it worked for me)

1. Upgrade to 2.2

- Flash V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03(official) using ZTE flashing tool

2. Get root access

- Install z4root_blade_perm_root_v2.apk

- Run z4root - select Permanent Root option

- You will be asked to enable USB debugging - do it and continue.

- (tab will restart during the process)

3. Install a recovery

- Install RecoveryManager_v0.36b.apk

- Run RecoveryManager - allow superuser access if requested

- Click Recovery tab

- Click Install Recovery

- Install recovery-clockwork-3.1.0.1-v9-gen2.img

- Click reboot into recovery

4. Flash CM7

- select "install zip from sdcard"

- select "choose zip from sdcard"

- navigate to and select the CM7 rom .zip (name will vary depending on latest release)

- Select the "yes" option

- New rom will be installed, and device will remain in recovery

5. Clear caches

- click "Go Back" twice

- select "wipe data/factory reset", and confirm when prompted

- click "advanced"

- click "wipe dalvik cache", and confirm when prompted

- click "fix permissions"

6. Restart

- select "reboot" option (and cross your fingers)

You will also need to flash the google apps that kk has linked in the first post.

Halfway down page 1 there is also a post from kk that has a link to install OneClickRecovery.....I Recommend you do this as soon as possible after installing a working rom.

Hi,

I have problem with updating my V9 with official 2.2

I follow the guide (which is really great job) but I have problem with the flasher at one step..

When I click on SW DIRECTORY button at the bottom left side I choose the downloaded file but I always get this message

"V9_GenericV1.0.0b03-update-signed\partition.mbn is not exist, please select again"

Which file should I choose to flash my ZTE V9 pad?

B.R.post-816125-0-15837100-1317465766_thumb.

How to undo AHB overclocking?My zte becomes very slowly after this update

Just re flash the cm 7 update it will overwrote the kernel back to the standard one

Guest New Liquid Metal

Downloaded and installed up to latest version 20110926. Found that the camera got bugs for 20110920 - 20110926.

Camera prob? I on the 0926 but no issue with the camera, can you explain in more specific what the camera problem is?

Edited by New Liquid Metal

Guest New Liquid Metal

Aaaand, we're officially supported!

Congrats and Great work CM team and kk, you've done wonderful things for this cheap little bugger!

http://www.cyanogenm...od-7-1-released

Good to know we are officially supported......but I am not sure if we can just flash this official CM7 ROM after running KK's version as our memory partitioning(NAND) is different from the original/stock version. I tried to get into CM7 official forum and wiki for more installation info but the site seems to be down.....

Anyone, tried flashing the official ROM anyway? Would love to hear some feedback, especially if it requires us to switch back to original NAND memory partitioning.....

This is great stuff though......beats depending on the original manufacturer!!!

Update : Manage to get into Cyanogen wiki and forum but no info yet, so not sure if I can just flash the official CM7.1 or we need Kaffe mods first......better wait for Kaffe's feedback....

Edited by New Liquid Metal

Guest samarium

The repartition is persistent, and not encoded into the CM update by mangling recovery/boot.

The CM update contains the same files as the 20110926 KK update.

The CM update works fine as an upgrade from 20110926 on my V9, from the limited testing I've done, ie install, and do some simple testing.

Guest New Liquid Metal

The repartition is persistent, and not encoded into the CM update by mangling recovery/boot.

The CM update contains the same files as the 20110926 KK update.

The CM update works fine as an upgrade from 20110926 on my V9, from the limited testing I've done, ie install, and do some simple testing.

Thanks samarium for the info, so the partition still remains the same after running the official upgrade from Cyanogen right? notice any diff from KK's version? Will try the upgrade later tonight after my backups.....

Guest neos_83

Wierd - when I flash the stable cm7 rom from cyanogenmod website, as soon as the phone loads up after the boot animation, the battery always shows it is dead even though its not! I even wiped data partition before the flash.

As soon as I restore to a nandroid backup of version 2011-08-15 on the first page here, the battery is ok.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Wierd - when I flash the stable cm7 rom from cyanogenmod website, as soon as the phone loads up after the boot animation, the battery always shows it is dead even though its not! I even wiped data partition before the flash.

As soon as I restore to a nandroid backup of version 2011-08-15 on the first page here, the battery is ok.

Removing the battery for a few minutes usually fixes this.

Guest ztev9user

hi everyone:

I really appreciate KK's work on ZTEV9.

I have recently used the 20111013 version, but the usb host doesn't work even with a powered USB hub, no usb flash drive (FAT) or usb keyboard comes up...any idea?

look forward to your valuable reply...

Edited by ztev9user

is it possible to over clock on stock rom ?

Of course

Root with the Z4root software, do a search.

Install Set CPU (need to buy this)

Really should ask this question in a new field.

Of course

Root with the Z4root software, do a search.

Install Set CPU (need to buy this)

Really should ask this question in a new field.

you need to have a overclockable kernel installed first otherwise you will waste your money on set cpu

Hi,

Anyone have this problem of not being able to wake the Tab up after going to sleep(eg.screen goes off)? I seem to encounter this problem twice now and each time I have to remove the battery and perform a cold boot. I am on the new 0819 ROM......if anyone encounter this problem and knows of a fix, pls let me(us) know here....

Thanks

I have the same problem. I am not sure if it is related to any firmware or hardware issue. This is the Australian version and had the same problem on 2011-08-15 and 2011-10-13. I needed to take the battery out to do cold boot too if it happened.

Today I found that it had the same problem when it was in wifi tethering mode. My other phone can connect to the wireless network but unable to connect to the internet. If the CPU hanged I think the wifi network from the tab should not work or am I wrong to think this way?

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm trying to install CM7 on my Optus V9, but Clockwork always says

"can't mount /sdcard" when I click "choose zip from sdcard".

I've tried "mount /sdcard" (failed) and "reboot recovery" (didn't help)

from Clockwork.

Thanks for any help. Details below in case it matters.

I've been following the instructions at

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/zte_tablet_v9_optus.

I have no mswin box & had a friend upgrade it to android-2.2.

Didn't unlock it.

Fetched

0) recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-v9-gen2.img

1) OneClickRecoveryV9-4.0.0.8.apk

2) update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-V9-KANG-signed-20110815.zip

3) cm7_zte_v9_overclockable_kernel_ahb_20110808.zip

4) gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

5) z4root_blade_perm_root_v2.apk

(both versions of clockwork recovery tried below ...)

Installed AppInstaller from the market.

Had some trouble using AppInstaller to install z4root, so installed

z4root via adb instead.

Copied recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-v9-gen2.img to SD & ran

flash_image recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-v9-gen2.img

Installed ROM Manager from the market.

Copied cm7 & extra kernel & gapps to SD (2, 3, 4 above).

Ran clockwork recovery via ROM Manager, & got the "can't mount /sdcard"

mentioned.

So copied OneClickRecoveryV9-4.0.0.8.apk to SD & installed

with AppInstaller. But still get "can't mount /sdcard".

------------------------------------------------------------------------