Beginners/Non techie guide to installing Vegacomb

Guest beepo666

Guest simonta

You hit me. Look don't make me participate in your stupid crap if you don't like the way I do it. You make me get out of bed, you make me come over here. You make me make a phony phone call to Edward Rooney? The man could squash my nuts into oblivion. And-and-and then, and then, you deliberately hurt my feelings.

I've just finished part 3 of a blog series to help complete newcomers flash their Vega to the awesome Vegacomb rom.

I think a PDF version of this would be great!! Then it could be stored in the same folder as all the stuff you have to download, and instructions are always on hand.

BTW newbe5 has produced a modified stock ROM with partitions to suit Vegacomb. Could you weave that into your instruction?

Edited by lesd

• 1 month later...
Guest ursulavasey

Adb shell returns the same

C:\Advent>adb shell

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

** daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon

C:\Advent>

I had that problem in the early days of flashing roms. It transpired that I had forgotten a basic instruction which was to turn on USB Debugging. I had to ensure I was connected to the mains (even if the battery is full charged, the mains connection is essential) connect via USB, switch on USB debugging (do not mount the SD card though).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ando2040

Amazing, concise guide, thank you! I had got as far as part 4 on my own (over a day or so), faltered at installing adb, then found your guide that would have got me through the whole process in an hour or so! I had found your guide previously, but to my shame gave up when the link didn't work!

I second the need for the link to newbe5 modded 1.10 v2 ROM to be included in your instructions - this would fox many non-technical people. Fortunately I'd already done plenty of reading :-)

Edited by ando2040