[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest m_w_clarke
Thanks for ur ROM

I installed V5, naked version (originally was with SS5)

and overall its a great one, but had some comparisons with SS5

few issues.

1. Poor battery life - which attributes to Wifi running and Display

a ) I feel its connected to the "REGPON wife keepalive", which takes 30% of the battery usage.

Unfortunately, this is identified as a system application.

How to uninstall that? ( I can compromise on wifi On-OFF for battery life)

b ) Display is also using much higher than SS5. What's the best display settings?

2. No built in task manager? Or probably i'm not able to find it?

I tried using the Advance task killer, but it wont shutdown apps like terminal emulator. Help would be much appreciable

If you backed up your apps beforehand from SS using Titanaium, then just restore the task manager from that. Thats what I did with Flb 2.2 ROM.

Guest José Bernardo
there is somthing i don't get - how come if have only 170mb of internal?!

You need to use one of the TPTs from this thread. The first one is the recommended one, that will leave you with 160MB system space and nearly 300MB data.

Guest targetbsp
2. No built in task manager? Or probably i'm not able to find it?

I tried using the Advance task killer, but it wont shutdown apps like terminal emulator. Help would be much appreciable

You shouldn't use Task Managers with Android. They harm system stability and ironically, reduce battery life. better to use an app like Autostarts to stop things you don't use from even being loaded.

Guest cartoone
You shouldn't use Task Managers with Android. They harm system stability and ironically, reduce battery life. better to use an app like Autostarts to stop things you don't use from even being loaded.

I feel a task manager is required, especially when u are using pgms like Terminal emulators etc..

even if u type exit, it wont exit cmpletely, until the task is force completed. So I felt, a task manager is required.

Guest FrankyG

Hi,

Is there any reason why geniewidget.apk wouldn't install? (geniewidget is the news and weather widget which was installed in the swedish spring 4 rom, maybe other also)

Also, I tried to install latest version of Launcher Pro, but it wouldn't install. Is it possible to remove the cooked in one completely and then install a fresh copy?

Great Rom so far (v4) ;)

I've just moved form JJ9 to v5 and absolutely loving it.. so much faster. I really hope the battery is improved ;)

Quick q.. I've somehow disabled the CRT screen off animation, any ideas how to bring it back?

Cheers

Guest DaneelS
Hi,

Is there any reason why geniewidget.apk wouldn't install? (geniewidget is the news and weather widget which was installed in the swedish spring 4 rom, maybe other also)

Also, I tried to install latest version of Launcher Pro, but it wouldn't install. Is it possible to remove the cooked in one completely and then install a fresh copy?

Great Rom so far (v4) ;)

It will install if you have the right version. Also, if you move to v5, genie is included.

Guest DaneelS
I've just moved form JJ9 to v5 and absolutely loving it.. so much faster. I really hope the battery is improved ;)

Quick q.. I've somehow disabled the CRT screen off animation, any ideas how to bring it back?

Cheers

Use spare parts to put animation speed back to normal.

Guest FrankyG
It will install if you have the right version. Also, if you move to v5, genie is included.

Good to know, thanks!

What about completely removing Launched Pro from the ROM - can that be done using super Manager or similar?

Regards,

Guest FrankyG

Hi,

I was also wondering about themes for this series of ROMS - how do themes work for android? Do they have to be built for a specific rom? Is there a theme installer that I should get? Sorry, I've only just moved to Android and the blade is my first droid phone...still learning and liking it!

Thanks,

Guest targetbsp
I feel a task manager is required, especially when u are using pgms like Terminal emulators etc..

even if u type exit, it wont exit cmpletely, until the task is force completed. So I felt, a task manager is required.

It's not meant to exit! That's how Android does multi-tasking. Closing it is a bad thing to do. Whilst not used it will use no battery and will be automatically and safely shut down by Android if you need the ram. By closing it, all you're doing is forcing Android to have to load it unnecessarily next time you need it.

Task Managers are well known to be a bad thing. Search google or these forums for more info.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest alwaleef

Dears Developers, thanks very much for the effort and great ROMs you are providing to Blade users.

I am noop in the Android world and need your advice and help. I have a Blade from China branded with China Unicom, but loaded with ZTE ROM, V 2.2. I want to try your rom V5 but I am not sure about the steps I need to follow. From reading many pages in this forum, I may need to:

1. Install Recovery.

2. Install Clockwork.

3. Backup ?? Which S/W ?

4. Copy ROM to SD.

5. WIPE everything.

6. Load new ROM and Restart.

Please advise on the correct steps and sequence and the way back to Stock ROM if required.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Guest sm4tik
Dears Developers, thanks very much for the effort and great ROMs you are providing to Blade users.

I am noop in the Android world and need your advice and help. I have a Blade from China branded with China Unicom, but loaded with ZTE ROM, V 2.2. I want to try your rom V5 but I am not sure about the steps I need to follow. From reading many pages in this forum, I may need to:

1. Install Recovery.

2. Install Clockwork.

3. Backup ?? Which S/W ?

4. Copy ROM to SD.

5. WIPE everything.

6. Load new ROM and Restart.

Please advise on the correct steps and sequence and the way back to Stock ROM if required.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Start by reading this sticky post, it's where I started from and haven't looked back since ;)

edit: I assume your blade is a gen2 device, but make sure first as explained in the linked post!

Edited by sm4tik

Guest vegeman
I had this - you will need to download from the ROM from the server using download software as the host sometimes cuts off the download without completing it. The other issue could be that you are still on GEN1 - if so then you need to convert to GEN2. Most probable is that the ROM file you downloaded is incomplete.

Have converted to GEN2 already as can install the rom no problem if I don't unzip it. Will try redownloading it again with some software.

Thanks for your help.

Guest Trademark-NRW
Have converted to GEN2 already as can install the rom no problem if I don't unzip it. Will try redownloading it again with some software.

Thanks for your help.

Somebody can translate?

Guest Amphoras
Somebody can translate?

Think they mean that if they download the rom and flash it as it is, it works fine. If they unzip it, make some changes then rezip it, it doesn't install.

Guest Egzis
I ran into a router today i could not connect to, testing now with the old drivers

also problem with router, read that I must reset router, so I did and worked again, for now...

except that was on V4 I'm on V5 now, will keep an eye on it

Edited by Egzis

Guest DVDeus

Hello!

I've been using FLB's Froyo V10, and it has been great. I have a Gen1 device, OLED screen. If I move to this ROM, do I need to convert the ROM to Gen1 or convert the phone to Gen2? If I convert the phone to Gen2, is it possible to go back to FLB v10, which is Gen1 (in case the new 2.3.4 rom is not what I expected)?

I hope I make it clear enough to understand:)

Thanks!

Guest m_w_clarke
Hello!

I've been using FLB's Froyo V10, and it has been great. I have a Gen1 device, OLED screen. If I move to this ROM, do I need to convert the ROM to Gen1 or convert the phone to Gen2? If I convert the phone to Gen2, is it possible to go back to FLB v10, which is Gen1 (in case the new 2.3.4 rom is not what I expected)?

I hope I make it clear enough to understand:)

Thanks!

I think you will need to convert back to GEN1, before putting FLbs "original" ROM back on.

But there is a FLB Lite for GEN2 on these forums, I believe.

Guest DVDeus

Thanks for quick reply!

Last time I checked (long time ago), it was impossible to go back to Gen1 when converted to Gen2.

So this ROM is the best allrounder, based on 2.3 Android? No WiFi, GPS, BT, Phone, 3G, freezing and other general problems? I don't really have time to play and test the phone, so if this one (or any other ginger ROM you recommend) is ready to daily use, I will give it a try.

Thanks!

Guest cartoone

I Went to N98 version.. from SS5.

My battery stats is showing "Display" at 47% approximately, after turning off Wifi..

anyone else having battery drain caused by Display?

Guest targetbsp
I Went to N98 version.. from SS5.

My battery stats is showing "Display" at 47% approximately, after turning off Wifi..

anyone else having battery drain caused by Display?

Are you aware that the battery shows percentage of power used rather than percentage of total battery?

So if you were down to 90%, and the display has used 50% then the display has in fact only used 5% of your battery.