[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest simonsays1
Is there a lot of "gap" between SS5 2.2 and this 2.3.4 Cyan? I am looking for SS5 functionality, stability and speed.

+1. I've been using SS5 and loving it, but I'm very tempted to give CM7 another go.

Guest k0zmic
+1. I've been using SS5 and loving it, but I'm very tempted to give CM7 another go.

Definitely give it a go, it's become a lot more stable over the fast few weeks.

Guest lohikko
Happened the same to me about 3 or 4 time on CM7 N94 today, but now it is working.

When you try to make calls, can you make them with sucess?

I can only receive, If I want to make a call, I have first to unlock the screen :S

Just tried it, and as you say I'm not able to make any call, but I also can't receive! I tried several times and I only could catch the call once, but in less than 20 secs the call was off. BTW, I'm not really sure if that last thing it's because of my provider or the ROM, i'll try it again and report.

Anyway, try to see if you (psyloid) can fix the bluetooth please! (if possible)

Thanks!

Guest shmizan
turn on the "Stay in memory" in settings LauncherPro and turn off it in cyanogenmod setting

it's already like that.

I tried doing the opposite too, and disabling both.

doesn't help..

no one else who uses LauncherPro has this problem?

Guest Christian Edwards

Brilliant ROM, very stable (more so than CM 7.03 Stable).

Thanks to all concerned, I'm very happy with it.

Cheers Guys

Guest lowgitek

Good ROM problem with google navigation/maps/GPS/data/wifi (crash/reboot) still persists.

But Overall the best ROM I have used.

Guest sticko

Can someone help me with a problem i am having with my blade??, I have updated mine from CM7 to the Green V4rom (not tried 5 yet) and it is all fine, BUT i have also done my wifes blade from CM7 to Green V4 and i am having problems with it. If she turns the phone off normally on a night and back on in a morning it works fine but if the battery dies...when she plugs in the mains charger to charge it up she gets some green writing on the screen and then CM7 with the blue circle reloads and she loses all of her settings etc and the phone starts from scratch again. This has happened twice now and i am pulling my brain out trying to think what is causing it. When i loaded Green V4 on it i wiped the davlik and cache and the mounts storage option like mine so i cant see what i have done wrong........HELP !!!! :)

Guest Michealtbh
Can someone help me with a problem i am having with my blade??, I have updated mine from CM7 to the Green V4rom (not tried 5 yet) and it is all fine, BUT i have also done my wifes blade from CM7 to Green V4 and i am having problems with it. If she turns the phone off normally on a night and back on in a morning it works fine but if the battery dies...when she plugs in the mains charger to charge it up she gets some green writing on the screen and then CM7 with the blue circle reloads and she loses all of her settings etc and the phone starts from scratch again. This has happened twice now and i am pulling my brain out trying to think what is causing it. When i loaded Green V4 on it i wiped the davlik and cache and the mounts storage option like mine so i cant see what i have done wrong........HELP !!!! :)

Sounds like a TPT image is loading from her SD card. Check if there is a folder called "image" on her SD card, if there is delete it

Guest sticko
Sounds like a TPT image is loading from her SD card. Check if there is a folder called "image" on her SD card, if there is delete it

Yeah i think i saw an 'image' folder when i browsed the sd for apps last night so will get it deleted (thanks), could this problem maybe cause the screen to freeze when sending texts ??? as if there could be a conflict maybe?? she has just kindly let me know that it sometime does that as well when she is typing a text. It doesnt reboot etc just freezes although she has to take the battery out sometimes!!! (nice of her to let me know!!), Might be best doing a complete wipe me thinks now after that

Guest Psyloid

+1

thats probably it

Guest wishmasterf
waiting for fm for v6. or at least 7.1 stable

FM seems to be done in nightly 105. Time for a new release? I would vote for.

Guest Amit.V
-FOR MORE SPACE FOR APPS a quick explanation about S2E

if you want more space than the built in memory, you can partition your sdcard to have an extra partition were apps/dalvik will be stored.

You can do this after you installed the rom as well.

to do this, first empty your sdcard on a computer (backup because the card will be wiped). Now reboot the phone in recovery mode.

In clockwork recovery choose advanced/partition sdcard, a size of 1024M will do, swap size, choose 64M. It will partition your sdcard.

optional: Now go back to the main menu and choose mounts and storage, there pick mount USB storage. now connect the phone to the computer and copy your backed up data back to the sd card.

Now reboot the phone and launch s2e, in S2e tick Applications, Private apps and Dalvik cache, reboot the phone once more and voilla you will have loads of storage :)

what am i doing wrong? i did everything right, and then when i open S2E all the fields are in grey and i can't change that.

in addition - i can't launch most of my apps. i get a "could not launch the requested activity" message.

Edited by Amit.V

Guest Markiv

Very stable and no glitches noted as of now..

I have installed the V5 Naked version and i have a couple of queries :

1)Is it possible to remove Weather & other gapps. If so kindly share the link.

2)I would want the themechooser option available, so can it be added just like another .apk installation?

(BOUGHT AN ANDROID JUST BY SEEING THE GREAT SUPPORT MODACO IS PROVIDING)

Present activites :

CANVASSING OTHERS IN MY OFFICE TO TAKE AN ANDROID DEVICE AND ENJOY MODACO's SUPPORT

Guest Psyloid
FM seems to be done in nightly 105. Time for a new release? I would vote for.

Too much upcomming changes like usb tethering and .35 kernel

waiting for a little bit longer (if not implemented next week, i'll make a new version)

Also I decided V6 and up will be one version only (its too difficult to have several) , it will be like the normal version, but with theme support

Edited by Psyloid

Guest robinhud2010
what am i doing wrong? i did everything right, and then when i open S2E all the fields are in grey and i can't change that.

in addition - i can't launch most of my apps. i get a "could not launch the requested activity" message.

How did you partition your sd card?

Encountered the very same problem myself when i had created extra partition as ext2 manually.

Then, when I repartitioned through clockwork, the extra partition came out as ext3. Turns out ext2 partition doesnt work with s2e... So I would suggest partitioning again thru clockwork or rom manager.

Guest robinhud2010
Very stable and no glitches noted as of now..

I have installed the V5 Naked version and i have a couple of queries :

1)Is it possible to remove Weather & other gapps. If so kindly share the link.

2)I would want the themechooser option available, so can it be added just like another .apk installation?

(BOUGHT AN ANDROID JUST BY SEEING THE GREAT SUPPORT MODACO IS PROVIDING)

Present activites :

CANVASSING OTHERS IN MY OFFICE TO TAKE AN ANDROID DEVICE AND ENJOY MODACO's SUPPORT

1- Use titanium backup from market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.k...ackup&hl=en

2- Yup.

Guest Amit.V
How did you partition your sd card?

Encountered the very same problem myself when i had created extra partition as ext2 manually.

Then, when I repartitioned through clockwork, the extra partition came out as ext3. Turns out ext2 partition doesnt work with s2e... So I would suggest partitioning again thru clockwork or rom manager.

i partitioned it through clockwork.

i even tried reinstalling the rom, and still everything is grey is S2E.

Edit - ok, just tried everything again, looks like it's working now. when i check in titanium i get sd card (a2sd) 479mb (376 free) (i chose 512mb)

Edited by Amit.V

Guest Reysy
Too much upcomming changes like usb tethering and .35 kernel

waiting for a little bit longer (if not implemented next week, i'll make a new version)

Also I decided V6 and up will be one version only (its too difficult to have several) , it will be like the normal version, but with theme support

Great job, Psyloid, thank you for sharing this ROM. :) Maybe you should leave the naked version? IMO, It's more customizable compared to normal version. Once again, thank you B)

Guest Dinsterzz

hello,

i am currently running CM7.0.3

my questions:

how is green v5 batterylife compared to cm7.0.3?

i've read it is more stable, but is this rom faster?

last but not least:

is this a better rom than cm7.0.3 to use daily? or should i stick to cm7.0.3 till v6?

greetings,

Guest Psyloid
hello,

i am currently running CM7.0.3

my questions:

how is green v5 batterylife compared to cm7.0.3?

i've read it is more stable, but is this rom faster?

last but not least:

is this a better rom than cm7.0.3 to use daily? or should i stick to cm7.0.3 till v6?

greetings,

I like it, and if you read through the thread that many users like it as well. Can't say about the difference since i never was on 7.0.3.

Waiting for v6 might take a while, the newer nightlies are a mess. N98 is considered to be the best, and this one is a bit more adapted to the blade and my likings.

I'd say make a nandroid backup of what you have now and try it out. Make sure you totally wipe the phone (see instructions in first post) before you upgrade though.

Guest Le Bar

As someone who did the Swedish ROM, CM 7.0.3 (with the intermittent reboot/freeze when charging), I can say this Gingerbread ROM for the blade is great. Battery life is very reasonable and I only had to add the GPS fix to it.

What I've found as I journeyed through the versions is format /system to avoid oddities in addition to factory resetting and wiping other cache.

My opinion is you'll have no regrets with this version.

Guest jlako

Thanks for this great Rom, i am following this thread from beginning , have been using v2 for some time and now switched a week ago to v5 - everything works perfect, battery life , all applications, etc... except 1 problem i have with google voice search, maybe its not related much to this thread but anyway i will try to ask if anybody can help would be more than happy because the voice search doesnt work for me at all

If i start google search and from there the icon MIC then i get process com.google.android.voicesearch has stopped unexpectedly ...

I tried unistalled manually from applications voicesearch and the searchbox and also did it via adb : (found these steps somewhere on forum)

adb remount

adb shell rm -f /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk

adb shell pm uninstall com.google.android.voicesearch

adb shell rm -f /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchbox.apk

adb shell pm uninstall com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox

got this error afterwards: error: protocol fault (status 53 75 63 63?!)

adb reboot

but didnt helped either, please if anyone has any suggestion what to try i would be more than happy!