[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest Dinsterzz
I like it, and if you read through the thread that many users like it as well. Can't say about the difference since i never was on 7.0.3.

Waiting for v6 might take a while, the newer nightlies are a mess. N98 is considered to be the best, and this one is a bit more adapted to the blade and my likings.

I'd say make a nandroid backup of what you have now and try it out. Make sure you totally wipe the phone (see instructions in first post) before you upgrade though.

hi,

i installed this rom, but haven't wiped my phone.

everything runs great, except some handy functions for cm7.0.3 are not implented(setting a different app as home launcher etc..)

for the rest: batterylife is better then cm7.0.3, the phone itself is faster, but it has freezed a couple of times(when going really fast through menu's etc)

but overall it's a great rom!

greetings,

Come on, N105 isn't that bad. There was a problem with su-binary. The bug was fixed within minutes after the problem was revealed. So all in all, again a great performance from the Blade developing community. Kudos to all personell involved.

Edited by bhf

Guest k0zmic

I'd say CM7.1 is when the next version of CM Green will come out.

Please don't nag Psyloid for ETA's (unless he likes it) :). It'll be ready when it's ready.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Amit.V
Thanks for this great Rom, i am following this thread from beginning , have been using v2 for some time and now switched a week ago to v5 - everything works perfect, battery life , all applications, etc... except 1 problem i have with google voice search, maybe its not related much to this thread but anyway i will try to ask if anybody can help would be more than happy because the voice search doesnt work for me at all

If i start google search and from there the icon MIC then i get process com.google.android.voicesearch has stopped unexpectedly ...

I tried unistalled manually from applications voicesearch and the searchbox and also did it via adb : (found these steps somewhere on forum)

adb remount

adb shell rm -f /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk

adb shell pm uninstall com.google.android.voicesearch

adb shell rm -f /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchbox.apk

adb shell pm uninstall com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox

got this error afterwards: error: protocol fault (status 53 75 63 63?!)

adb reboot

but didnt helped either, please if anyone has any suggestion what to try i would be more than happy!

well, i don't know about this problem, but i had another problem with voice search. maybe it will help you solve yours - i had voice search in the original (froyo by spanish Yoigo cell company) rom and in other froyo roms i've tries, but both in original cm7 and cm7 green i had no voice search option. when i searched for it, market said my device is not compatible. i solved it by downloading it through the black market APP and now i have it and it works fine.

i still wonder why it wasn't included in the rom and i wasn't able to d/l it in the normal way though...

Guest flashmod

Google translate voice recognizer not working with 2.3 or not working with Green Version? if it is posoble to fix, i used with 2.2 working fine. Onece more thanks for v5 bild waiting for v6 :)

Guest Amit.V
I'm also waiting for V6 with working radio FM - it will be perfect :)

it will be perfect if someone will find a way to use the radio through the speaker

Guest leftko

hello!excellent rom but i have a problem with the sound of sms.when received sms the phone don't ring.i check the setting options but nothing.could you help me?

Guest confector

hey there,

atm i'm using a nightly from 30 days ago. no gps is my main problem with it. what should i update to: cm grewn v5 or cm nightly 106? :)

thanks already!

Guest robinhud2010
Too much upcomming changes like usb tethering and .35 kernel

Can someone explain why the new kernel is such a big deal? :) I mean, does it bring any new features or fixes?

Guest targetbsp
it will be perfect if someone will find a way to use the radio through the speaker

As the headphones are the aerial... and in devices generally, using headphones traditionally switches off speakers... I wonder if that's even possible?

Guest Amit.V
As the headphones are the aerial... and in devices generally, using headphones traditionally switches off speakers... I wonder if that's even possible?

i'm sure there's a way to do it.

btw: in the past i had a cheap chinese clone android phone, and the fm app asked for headphones for the same reason (aeriel), but i worked great through the speakers, even withought an aeriel.

Guest Amit.V

sometimes when i'm wathing a video on youtube or any other app that includes video playing the screen is full of vertical and horizonal lines. anyone else have this problem?

You do realize that the cable from the attached headphone is used as an antenna for FM reception, don't you?

Guest m_w_clarke
You do realize that the cable from the attached headphone is used as an antenna for FM reception, don't you?

Er.. I think he does, at that was mentioned above!

He was referring, I believe, to outputting the radio via the speaker, rather than just the headphones.

Hey thanks for the great work, version 5 works perfect for me. But I have question.

I try to create some extra space by creating a partition for my apps. Start in clockwork recovery v3.0.2.4 and choose \advanced\Partition SD card. 1028 mb , 64 mb and then it starts but after a second it gives the following error:

"an error occured while partitioning your SD card. Please see /tmp/recovery.log for more details."

It is a brand new 16gb memory card, formatted fat32 and completely empty. What I am doing wrong?

Hope someone can help me.

Cheers

Guest flashmod
"an error occured while partitioning your SD card. Please see /tmp/recovery.log for more details."

It is a brand new 16gb memory card, formatted fat32 and completely empty.

Cheers

The same problem. but if its ok for partition, android does not see ext partition, only swap. What can be problem?

Edited by flashmod

Guest robinhud2010
Hey thanks for the great work, version 5 works perfect for me. But I have question.

I try to create some extra space by creating a partition for my apps. Start in clockwork recovery v3.0.2.4 and choose \advanced\Partition SD card. 1028 mb , 64 mb and then it starts but after a second it gives the following error:

It is a brand new 16gb memory card, formatted fat32 and completely empty. What I am doing wrong?

Hope someone can help me.

Cheers

Use this program to manually create an ext3 partition yourself.