[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest fredalf

THX for this awsome ROM.

But one question - i installed Toggle2G, but ist didn´t appear in the ap drawer.

Could anyone please test, if it is working for fim/her'?

I deinstalled it and made a new installation, but it isn´t in the apps.

Any idea?

Guest karol34
I'll see what i can do, 'l probably make two V3 versions, one with launcher pro and one with ADW and theming :)

considering, that 3 days ago you asked how to make your own custom rom and which tools you'll need, this is great work Psyloid.

I bought my Blade just a week ago and ist my first android (hence the low-end yet great device to give the android a try),

so flashing ROMs and playing with the system was my daily hobby, but the N84 brought some serious issues to me - wifi problem, random freezes and reboots.. probably it was caused by just updating (I have oled gen1, used tpt to gen2 cm7.0.3 stable and then updated with no wipe to n82 - n84 and n85.

Maybe total wipe and installing n85 from scratch would do the trick also,

but your v2 after a datawipe works amazing, especially I like that you got rid of all the crap that annoyed me in official CM.

keep the good work, looking forward to next releases

It's just me feeling, didn't measure the time it took to boot on n84 or n85,

but I think green v2 boots up a bit faster

Guest stedk
considering, that 3 days ago you asked how to make your own custom rom and which tools you'll need, this is great work Psyloid.

keep the good work, looking forward to next releases

Wow. Kudos Psyloid, really impressive. I was considering dropping CM7 but your rom made me change my mind.

Thanks again.

Guest pasanowitz
I'll see what i can do, 'l probably make two V3 versions, one with launcher pro and one with ADW and theming :P

Great! Looking forward to it.

Guest Maringer
THX for this awsome ROM.

But one question - i installed Toggle2G, but ist didn´t appear in the ap drawer.

Could anyone please test, if it is working for fim/her'?

I deinstalled it and made a new installation, but it isn´t in the apps.

Any idea?

Make sure you have the most recent zip file of Toggle2G and try to install it again. I've found that it tends to disappear after flashing a new nightly but then appears if you reinstall via CWM.

Guest vitroid

I installed your custom ROM and will give it a spin.

Considering I only got about ~10 hours of battery life with pure CM7 N84, anything should be better :P

Guest fredalf
Make sure you have the most recent zip file of Toggle2G and try to install it again. I've found that it tends to disappear after flashing a new nightly but then appears if you reinstall via CWM.

THX - i´try it soon.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

My current ROM :P

One complaint from me - is the dis-inclusion of theme chooser, but, that of course can be installed separately easily :rolleyes:

And seems good, after messing up my Blade late at night and really couldn't be bothered with anything more than it could be, I just went for this <_<

Guest mikeyp7771

Nice work, V2 runs nicely. Only suggestion for V3 would be to remove Barcode scanner & Titanium backup if your going to be consistent in removing unecessary apps.

Suppose I could remove apks myself before flashing. But didnt want to risk it.

Guest Psyloid

ok, since its not too much work anyway i'll make my version, one naked version and one with adw and theming. hopefully that makes everybody happy :P

Guest mon3em

hey Psyloid

i have a requiest can you add the video/voice ver. of Gtalk????????. i've found that there is different ver of gtalk.

don't know if gtalk voice work with zte i just tried it with no success

Edited by mon3em

Guest Schwinni

This ROM looks really nice.

I have some questions / comments though:

- Re-add Theme Chooser and Theme Manager (350 KB)

- Remove the themes "Cyanbread" instead (3500 KB)

- Are the additional apps (Launcher Pro, Titanium Backup, etc.) linked with the market, meaning are the updatable?

Best regards

Chris

Edited by Schwinni

Guest Psyloid
This ROM looks really nice.

I have some questions / comments though:

- Re-add Theme Chooser and Theme Manager (350 KB)

- Remove the themes "Cyanbread" instead (3500 KB)

- Are the additional apps (Launcher Pro, Titanium Backup, etc.) linked with the market, meaning are the updatable?

Best regards

Chris

1. for v3

2. for v3

3. yes

Guest targetbsp
btw, my green v2 rom named my phone as HTC Blade in the Market :P

That's the 'added fix for gameloft games' bit of the features. :rolleyes: They only work on the Blade in Gingerbread if it pretends to be a HTC phone.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Kris Dee

I installed the N72-fixed with libaudio.so

How to set Tasker to fix proximity sensor.

Edited by Kris Dee

Guest targetbsp
I installed the N72-fixed with libaudio.so

How to set Tasker to fix proximity sensor.

If auto brightness is off it will work anyway. If you want auto brightness then just turn it on and off with the phone:

In tasker you'd want a profile with the event phone off hook which has a task of disabling auto brightness and a profile phone idle which enables it.

Guest Psyloid

just learned how to decode, edit, recode and sign apk's. expect loads of changes in V3

btw, i'm having great battery time, how are others doin batterywise? like to know

Edited by Psyloid

Guest Chris Banks

Installed this ROM lastnight and so far so good, saved me having to tinker around patching CM7.

Been on and off the phone all day with wifi, texts, calls and document viewing and seems enough stable so far.

You say your working on newer versions Psyloid, would they be updates or will it have to be a full wipe every time?

Thanks

Guest stedk
just learned how to decode, edit, recode and sign apk's. expect loads of changes in V3

btw, i'm having great battery time, how are others doin batterywise? like to know

I'm on a 3G only network. I disabled most data traffic, just e-mail check every 30 min and whatsapp active. With light use, three short calls, a bit of internet traffic and a little messaging I have 62% left ( 10 h 23 m of active time ). Overall I'm very happy, I had never achieved anything like this with latest nightlys. Thanks and ciao.

Edited by stedk

Guest karol34
Installed this ROM lastnight and so far so good, saved me having to tinker around patching CM7.

Been on and off the phone all day with wifi, texts, calls and document viewing and seems enough stable so far.

You say your working on newer versions Psyloid, would they be updates or will it have to be a full wipe every time?

Thanks

if the ROM maintainer/author says to do wipe, then I'll do it, otherwise I always try to just update it,

one never knows :), might save you the hassle.

One or two updates are usually OK, but as I learned it the hard way - going through couple of nighties for example without a wipe once in a while will cost you more time at the end eventuelly...because you'll try to fix it for at least an hour before you'll wipe and install from scratch.

all depens on the changes, and detailed changelog is always like a bigfoot.. few think they have seen him, but it might not exist.

I am currently trying to find the best way that will suit me with the backup and restore after wipe,

actually this is the one thing I am missing from iphone - it's maybe cool that I can download 80-90MB zip file directly from phone, store it and apply it from clockwork or rom manager or whatever even while sitting in the train, but I'd like the itunes-like possibility to do a full image of the phone and sdcard on my pc and, and also to backup all the settings and data like contacts, SMS conversations etc. just with a few clicks.

Guest karol34

battery time - after each ROM flash I perform these steps (thanks Hudasp)

- full charge while phone is ON

- disconnect from charger, turn the phone OFF

- connect charger - it will charge for a few minutes

- disconenct from charger, turn the phone ON and back OFF (probably you will see that the battery percentage is somewhere arount 95-96)

- connect charger again - after the back button ligths green, boot in the clockwork, wipe battery status.

I did this first when I had CM 7.0.3 stable for a few days, and the battery life upgraded massively.

so far I am running on battery for 12 hours after flashing green v2, played angry birds for a half an hour, installed few apps,

the phone was on 40% brigtness the whole time with mobile data off, only 2g allowed, BT off, GPS off, wifi for half an hour tops,

and it's on 70% percent, which is quite good. ## EDIT - the display wasn'g ON for 12 hours of course, I wanted to say that during the whole time I played with the phone it was on 40% brightness, which was maybe 2 hours alltogerther today

And which games am I now able to install after the HTC workaround ;)? I am struggling to find a good game that could run on Blade smoothly,

Edited by karol34

Guest Wasp_Box

Psyloid, thank you for your work. I installed version 2 about 4 hours ago and, so far, it seems excellent. I would call it a keeper but there's always version 3...

Guest mikeyp7771

Well my fone was on 91% this morning when I woke up. So no real drain in standby which is impressive. That was V1 rom though, expect v2 to be similar. I'm on three so expect pretty bad battery life with 3g.

Edited by mikeyp7771