[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest Psyloid
Can I use kalte's GPS fix for older/other/Froyo ROMs? It says cm7 on the zip but it should be okay, right??

My GPS on Swedish Spring doesn't work at all anymore and I'm looking for a fix!

Try and thy shall know :)

Guest Pierreism

It didn't :)

Anyone got anymore leads for a GPS fix? ANY kind? Thanks! (last post in this thread about it, promise!) Found tons of threads, nevermind!

Edited by Pierreism

Guest Markiv
I expect there are plenty of ways of doing this, but Titanium Backup will do that.

After it loads, the bottom of the screen gives you sizes (and what is free) for your System ROM, Internal (Data) and SD card....

System ROM is the one you want.

Thanks Yuccaman....

Tat was easy and my blade aka dell xcd35 shows it has 230MB(WOW) of ROM... :)

Now this space is not fully utilized though. So is there a way to repartition them, so tat i can allocate like say 180 MB for ROM and increase my DATA partition from its present 163MB.....?

Guest alwaleef

Dear Psyloid,

I am a pure newbie to android. I have a Blade from China bought from China Unicom. As far as I know it has a special configuration with 256K memory only and partioned with 128. I read several pages in this thread and your ROM seems to be the best among the ones available for Blade, but I am not sure if I can use it for my Blade as few people warned me that playing with my Blade could brick it if I don't follow the correct steps to upgrade. On the other hand, what languages your ROM support as I am looking for both English & Arabic languages support with any new ROM.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks

Guest Markiv
Blade WiFi fix is an app that reconnects your wifi if it disconnects after your phone goes to sleep. IE- when you wake it up, it will reconnect to your wifi automatically (only if you have wifi on obviously) instead of having to do it manually.

Hope this helps.

Hi TheManicGibbon,

Am jus trying out wit removing each and every app and checking out its effects and i guess i screwed up my sim's data...

Wen i removed my UNINOR sim's SIMKIT (wit titanium after takin a backup) , i lost my network... immdly restored it back and now i have network connectivity, calls are incoming and outgoing, messages comes n goes but data connectivity alone doesn happen. i tried restoring to my previous system states (with clockwork) but still the same. The E icon doesn come at all in the notification area.

I then checked by putting my TATA-DOCOMO sim and tat automatically got connected. so no issues wit OS. Is there any way i can undo this sim issue. i can ofcourse get a new one, but tat will result in a delay due to the long drawn paperwork process in INDIA..

Guest thomasboyd

USB Tethering I can not find this service in the normal location within settings?

Is it provided for in this ROM? - if not its a major omission.

Any workarounds for this problem?

Guest Psyloid
Dear Psyloid,

I am a pure newbie to android. I have a Blade from China bought from China Unicom. As far as I know it has a special configuration with 256K memory only and partioned with 128. I read several pages in this thread and your ROM seems to be the best among the ones available for Blade, but I am not sure if I can use it for my Blade as few people warned me that playing with my Blade could brick it if I don't follow the correct steps to upgrade. On the other hand, what languages your ROM support as I am looking for both English & Arabic languages support with any new ROM.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks

you can unlock the full 512MB memory, the rom should be ok for your blade after that, maybe you need to repartition the device as well. follow the guides on this forum.

The rom supports english and arabic :)

grtz

Guest Psyloid
USB Tethering I can not find this service in the normal location within settings?

Is it provided for in this ROM? - if not its a major omission.

Any workarounds for this problem?

V6 will have usb tethering, but i have no ETA for that yet

Guest thomasboyd
V6 will have usb tethering, but i have no ETA for that yet

Well good to know its roadmapped.

Workaround I can use the wifi hotspot but not ideal due to battery drain.

Guest appolus

hi. new to flashing and adding roms so please bear with me. i am wondering what's the diffrence between green v5 plus, naked and "neutral"?

i also keep reading that when u flash, market apps and google apps disappear, how do i restore them? thanks!

Guest k0zmic
hi. new to flashing and adding roms so please bear with me. i am wondering what's the diffrence between green v5 plus, naked and "neutral"?

i also keep reading that when u flash, market apps and google apps disappear, how do i restore them? thanks!

It says on the first post, Naked is the bare essentials with a different launcher and Plus has a few extra apps. Neutral is basically a middle ground.

No, they're already included on this ROM.

Guest iNoobz2Droid

can't wait for next version

usb tethering and maybe some other improvements of newer CM7 builds would be really nice

running currently green V5 and i'm happy with battery life

after 2 days im at 75% with 3 short phonecalls 2 som email checks calendar usage and 15-20 min www browsing

Guest appolus
-FOR MORE SPACE FOR APPS a quick explanation about S2E

if you want more space than the built in memory, you can partition your sdcard to have an extra partition were apps/dalvik will be stored.

You can do this after you installed the rom as well.

to do this, first empty your sdcard on a computer (backup because the card will be wiped). Now reboot the phone in recovery mode.

In clockwork recovery choose advanced/partition sdcard, a size of 1024M will do, swap size, choose 64M. It will partition your sdcard.

optional: Now go back to the main menu and choose mounts and storage, there pick mount USB storage. now connect the phone to the computer and copy your backed up data back to the sd card.

Now reboot the phone and launch s2e, in S2e tick Applications, Private apps and Dalvik cache, reboot the phone once more and voilla you will have loads of storage

So i have a question on this method: Does it work if u are on another rom than green? I am on swedish spring RLS 5 atm. is there any disadvantage with this method?

Guest k0zmic
So i have a question on this method: Does it work if u are on another rom than green? I am on swedish spring RLS 5 atm. is there any disadvantage with this method?

Swedish Spring uses a similar method if you have an EXT partition by default.

It's better than the native Froyo A2SD in pretty much every way.

Guest wishmasterf
Does it work with universal converter? I would try this rom without modding my Blade to gen2.

yes it works great!

Guest k0zmic
is wifi and gps working in this rom? how stable is it?

GPS will reboot once and be fine after. Wi-Fi works well. Overall, it's a stable ROM.