[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest m_w_clarke
Is this rom "dead"?

No. I understand V6 is in development, but the author is waiting for more substantial changes in the kernel from the nightly used in V5.

At the moment, the only features people are wanting is USB tethering and FM radio and this feature isn't worth the V6 tag.

TBH, I'm more than happy with V5 I don't have any issues at all. VERY stable.

Guest wishmasterf
No. I understand V6 is in development, but the author is waiting for more substantial changes in the kernel from the nightly used in V5.

At the moment, the only features people are wanting is USB tethering and FM radio and this feature isn't worth the V6 tag.

TBH, I'm more than happy with V5 I don't have any issues at all. VERY stable.

Waiting for v6 is so hard... i wait for the 2 features... i hope they will come soon.

Guest Amphoras
Waiting for v6 is so hard... i wait for the 2 features... i hope they will come soon.

If you want both of those but don't mind worse battery life, try the latest nightly or RC1. They have both in them, but the changes to the libaudio to make the radio work are causing battery drain while idle. Personally I don't find it too bad, but it depends on your usage/what you expect.

Guest k0zmic
do u know any rom who do not use that?

No. Aside from that Comviq one you mentioned in another thread.

I'm sure it's a feature of Android though.

Guest appolus
No. Aside from that Comviq one you mentioned in another thread.

I'm sure it's a feature of Android though.

thanks for ur reply. think i have to live with it.

Edited by appolus

Guest Psyloid

I know you ppl wait for a new release, it IS comming, but atm still no good new nightly, or KANG with some patches to build on

so please have more patience :)

Guest m_w_clarke

A quick question: Has anyone got the "Volume rocker wake" to work, from Settings->CynaogenMod settings->Input settings?

I don't use that option, but a colleague of mine who uses this ROM would like to, but neither of us seem to get it to work. This is of course assuming we understand it right (ie its use is to wake the phone up to the lock screen, instead of using the power button)

Guest wishmasterf
If you want both of those but don't mind worse battery life, try the latest nightly or RC1. They have both in them, but the changes to the libaudio to make the radio work are causing battery drain while idle. Personally I don't find it too bad, but it depends on your usage/what you expect.

is it only draining when using radio?

Guest Amphoras
is it only draining when using radio?

No, it causes increased battery drain while idle. The in-use battery life seems unaffected.

Guest garrick84

Upgraded to this from Ginger Stirfry V2 and so far I'm no too impressed..... Phone is now unrooted so can't use Titanium Backup to restore my apps and Wifi won't connect properly. Keeps saying 'obtaining IP address from...'

Guest rockstarszzzz
Upgraded to this from Ginger Stirfry V2 and so far I'm no too impressed..... Phone is now unrooted so can't use Titanium Backup to restore my apps and Wifi won't connect properly. Keeps saying 'obtaining IP address from...'

That's a very oridinary bad flash mate. All you need to do is clean everything data, cache, dalvik. Then format data, cache, system and boot. Then flash this rom and you will notice that it all works fine :)

Guest sandriderman

I had all these problems, it was solved by changing my memory layout - see my previous posts in this thread.

Edited by sandriderman

Guest Psyloid

Got it sorted already?

Guest sandriderman
i am afraid.. it seems that project is dead :-(

I have been using V5 for a few weeks and I think it is great. Psyloid has said he is waiting for good CM update to base V6 on. I am sure it is not dead.

Guest Psyloid
it's pining for the fjords :blink:

Blue Ginger just at the fore right now by looks of it.

not just that, if they could get the new kernel, libaudio and cameralib into a nightly, then i will update

but that will be after my trip to switserland

Guest wishmasterf

In next nightly fixes about libaudio/fm and many other fixes for blade and other things will be included. So i hope we will get a new version of that great rom thi weekend or in the next few days....

Guest wishmasterf
not just that, if they could get the new kernel, libaudio and cameralib into a nightly, then i will update

but that will be after my trip to switserland

when you will be back from switzerland? ;-) Sorry i am like a child... i cant wait...

Guest Shieraz Shah
i am afraid.. it seems that project is dead :-(

exactly not dead! just dormant till some major updates are available.. :blink: