[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest markiemannie

Could you please make a TPT image out of this? My friend will get his gen1 blade tomorrow, and easiest way to get CM7 is just to put TPT files on SD and flash it straight out of the box, right? Blade Buddy can then unlock it.

Guest Psyloid
I smell kang.

Kang, you mean the fixed N72 by kang?

I'm using N85 now, no more kang

Edit: if you are implying that I am Kang, well i'm not ... dunno if thats good or bad

Edit2: Jacob; i just donated £1 to you, i'm sorry i can't give more at the moment, but it's a token of my appreciation for your work

Edited by Psyloid

Guest Psyloid
Psyloid, please add credits to CM for making the ROM (and others if they made the fixes and you used them) on the first post.

Right will do :D need to track down who made what though, except for N85 thats cyanogrn team :D

edit : Fixed :o

Edited by Psyloid

Guest k0zmic
Right will do :D need to track down who made what though, except for N85 thats cyanogrn team :o

edit : Fixed :D

Good :(. It's just so the dev's know that you're acknowledging their work and not claiming it's your own.

Nice ROM BTW I tried it for a bit but since my Proximity sensor gets my phone stuck on N85 I had to revert to N78. Looking forward to release 3 and any future updates.

I guess that link I gave you about compiling CM came in got used quite extensively :D!

Guest LordKickapoo

I was hoping the get rid of gps reboots with this rom, but so far it still reboots when using gps and i got other reboot as well

Guest sigma_shig

Thank you a lot. Good job. It's really use battery gentle than SS RL5! I have testing it just 1 day, but I still have 70% now (after 24h). For SS I have had less then 30% of power after 24h.

But I still needed the ThemeChooser. Is it posiible to add it without re-flashing? Does it exists as a separate package? Could you please, provide me a link to such package.

Guest Schwinni
But I still needed the ThemeChooser. Is it posiible to add it without re-flashing? Does it exists as a separate package? Could you please, provide me a link to such package.

Untested, but I'm sure it works:

theming_for_cm_green.zip (md5: 5e448fb494923fd1969345c2de3fb9d4)

It contains Theme Chooser and Theme Manager from CM7 Nightly 85.

Flash it with Clockwork.

Guest Psyloid
I was hoping the get rid of gps reboots with this rom, but so far it still reboots when using gps and i got other reboot as well

it's normal to reboot once, the very first time you use it after install. but after that it should not. i have tested gps for a drive of 40 minutes and it was fine, make sure you do a full wipe in clockwork before flashing. format system partition as well before flashing, it's important !!

Edited by Psyloid

Guest LordKickapoo
it's normal to reboot once, the very first time you use it after install. but after that it should not. i have tested gps for a drive of 40 minutes and it was fine, make sure you do a full wipe in clockwork before flashing. format system partition as well before flashing, it's important !!

Okay...i have never format the system partition...going to test that :D thanks in advance

Guest ashu99923

guys, just upgraded from android 2.2 to 2.3 N85 green.... but problem is while dialling no. the hold button appear on left top corner and many time gets touch accidently with ear... any way to change that?? plzz help... my many calls are going on hold accidently!!!

Guest targetbsp
guys, just upgraded from android 2.2 to 2.3 N85 green.... but problem is while dialling no. the hold button appear on left top corner and many time gets touch accidently with ear... any way to change that?? plzz help... my many calls are going on hold accidently!!!

The proximity sensor doesn't work in N85 during calls to turn the screen off near your ear.

Your choices are:

Go back to N72 where it works (providing you have auto brightness off - or you automate brightness on and off using Tasker or AutomateIt)

Go back even further where it works whatever your brightness setting

Disable In Call UI in the call settings screen

A lot of people (including me) favour N72 for their rom at the moment because of this.

Guest sigma_shig
The proximity sensor doesn't work in N85 during calls to turn the screen off near your ear.

Are you sure? In my phone the proximity sensor is working "almost good" on this ROM (CM7 Green V2 85). The screen is "off" when I put it near the ear and it's successfully "on", when the device is far from my head. But "almost" means that when I decide to look in the screen during the call, it will "on" and didn't "off" again.

I have set bright sensor to "on". So, it's working!

To ashu99923 did you set Settings -> Calls -> Always use the proximity sensor to "ON"?

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Your choices are:

Go back to N72 where it works (providing you have auto brightness off - or you automate brightness on and off using Tasker or AutomateIt)

Go back even further where it works whatever your brightness setting

Disable In Call UI in the call settings screen

A lot of people (including me) favour N72 for their rom at the moment because of this.

I agree. :D

And i'm little sad to see there's no news from CM7. ;) Hope the new ZTE skate bring to the Blade users a fresh Gingerbread ROM to play with. :D

Anyway I'm on n72 + audio fixe and Tasker trick for auto-brightness (credits to Targetbsp ;)) and i'm really happy with it, no problem at all ! No reboots, charging reboots, freeze, battery drain, nothing. :D

Another little point, I really don't know why people release some CM7 modified ROM (respect to them). The "Green" one was nice in n72 for those who want n72 + fixes, but now it's n85... I honestly don't see any goal to do that. But it's my opinion. :o

(I clean my ROM of all CM7 apps so it's an "almost clean" Gingerbread now :()

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Are you sure? In my phone the proximity sensor is working "almost good" on this ROM (CM7 Green V2 85). The screen is "off" when I put it near the ear and it's successfully "on", when the device is far from my head. But "almost" means that when I decide to look in the screen during the call, it will "on" and didn't "off" again.

To ashu99923 did you set Settings -> Calls -> Always use the proximity sensor to "ON"?

As already mentioned in the CM7 thread, I have a working prox sensor with N85, with something like 30% failures.

Most of the time it works ok multiple times during a call, but it happens that it just won't work. In such cases, CaptainSpectacular's old solution to turn the Blade upside down seems to re-enable the sensor's action on the screen.

Funnily enough, only few people seem to have this partially-working behaviour, most report a non-working prox sensor...

To get back on topic, I gave this rom a try yesterday but had systematic GPS-reboots, so reverted to N85: from what I just read above, it is probably linked to my not formatting /system... I also missed Theme chooser (Cyanbread better fits my background image), but once again a solution was provided above, so I might give the rom another try tonight, as it seemed to be very smooth for the short period I saw it...

Good job anyway, thanks to Psyloid for this :D

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp

'almost' is not equal to 'working'... :D I don't actually get how you can yourself describe a scenario in which it doesn't work and then conclude that it works. :o

It not going off again is precisely the bit we're talking about not working... :D

'almost' is not equal to 'working'... :( I don't actually get how you can yourself describe a scenario in which it doesn't work and then conclude that it works. :D

It not going off again is precisely the bit we're talking about not working... :D

Obviously there's something broken in the current proximity sensor :o , but it still seems to partly work for some of us, whereas others don't have any response from it...

As mine works "most of the time", I consider it usable and would also tend to consider it actually "works", although it's clearly not accurate in technical terms ;)

Anyway I'm still amazed to observe different behaviours on similar devices... :D

No relation, but I have a technical concern: is it via CWM that you wipe /system? Thx!

Edited by Guest

Guest Facchiu

Awsome Rom, thank you for this :D

I' m trying it, but i have noticed no vibration when sms, mms or call are incoming.

Hope you can fix it :D

Guest Psyloid
Awsome Rom, thank you for this :o

I' m trying it, but i have noticed no vibration when sms, mms or call are incoming.

Hope you can fix it :D

I have vibration with sms ..

nb: I have moved to N85 because i had issues when using N72 with all the fixes (no usb mount possible), but fear not i have a plan to fix proximity sensor, just hope i can make it work, that will be for V3 :D

Edited by Psyloid

Guest Psyloid
As already mentioned in the CM7 thread, I have a working prox sensor with N85, with something like 30% failures.

my prox sensor works too 70% of the time

Guest Sohailss

Seems like an Awesome ROM! Currently I have a GEN1 Oled, so to install this, do I use the "wbaw Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade" method with this ROM to install it on my Blade?! Have only used CWM till now, and I couldn't really find the instructions in the 1st post, Thanks in advance.

Guest deksman2

I have a question.

How come Google Maps is missing?

I do sort of need it for the gps (because otherwise it doesn't work properly), and the issue I'm having is that the app in question is not displaying in the Market as available to download.

I searched online for a clue as to why this might be so, and one of the Cyanogenmod users mentioned that a repartitioning might be required (limited space seems to block out larger apps from appearing in the Market - or this is a 'bug' specific to Cyanogenmod).

Aside from that, the ROM seems really good (I like the fact it has less than 80 apps, but the lack of Maps is a bit problematic).

This is my first go at Cyanogenmod and moving from Gen1 to Gen2.

The only strange thing is that my battery is suffering from severe drainage during use (although I do not think it's because of the ROM).

Just yesterday I calibrated the battery and played Angry Birds for about an hour (maybe an hour and a half) afterwards and lost 50% in the process.

I had everything disabled (Wifi, Bluetooth, Data - which I never use, GPS, Syncronization and 'use 2G networks only' - because I get the best signal on that).

The only thing I didn't have disabled was Background data (I virtually always left that on and my battery lasted on some roms up to 4 days - most notably on Swedish Spring 4 - most other Rom's seem to have lasted 2 days with same use).

Granted, this battery behavior started about a week ago when I was testing different ROM's.

I now also disabled 'Background Data' and the battery seems to be holding on 19% (even after some light use).

Meh... it's possible it needs some time to adjust after everything I put it through (hehe... don't worry I tend to keep Cyanogen now)... but it's also possible that the battery is just 'dying' (I'm not excluding the possibility, though I do not think it's necessarily the case).

Anyway...

Psyloid

You mentioned something about making V3 in several weeks time.

Might I suggest you include Maps this time?

Also, since you mentioned that you will be basing your modifications off the official Cyanogenmod release which will feature 'performance enhancements', do you happen to know if these will include UI 'smoothness' by any chance or something else?

The UI seems relatively fine to me, though scrolling through the Settings or Contacts is not really as smooth like on FLB or Mcr12

Guest Psyloid
You mentioned something about making V3 in several weeks time.

Might I suggest you include Maps this time?

Also, since you mentioned that you will be basing your modifications off the official Cyanogenmod release which will feature 'performance enhancements', do you happen to know if these will include UI 'smoothness' by any chance or something else?

The UI seems relatively fine to me, though scrolling through the Settings or Contacts is not really as smooth like on FLB or Mcr12

maps n gmail are indeed included in v3

following changes have been done so far (teaser):

-updated gapps

-Added google maps, gmail, youtube

-removed more useless files

-Added Es file explorer and volume +

-Changed default bookmarks in browser (included modaco, android, deleted crap)

Guest k0zmic
maps n gmail are indeed included in v3

following changes have been done so far (teaser):

-updated gapps

-Added google maps, gmail, youtube

-removed more useless files

-Added Es file explorer and volume +

-Changed default bookmarks in browser (included modaco, android, deleted crap)

Good changes IMO. Maps, Gmail and YouTube are things most people use and download so that saves a bit of time.

ES File Explorer is great and it can edit/delete Root files.

Useful bookmarks added as well is a bonus.

Guest Zythus

Guys I have 2 questions:

1) If I do factory reset, the ROM will still be there, right?

2) I want to clean my sd card from everything, cause I sell my phone. There are applications to do that, or just format it from the windows level?