[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest Schwinni
I have a question.

How come Google Maps is missing?

I do sort of need it for the gps (because otherwise it doesn't work properly), and the issue I'm having is that the app in question is not displaying in the Market as available to download.

Have a look at my add-ons. :D

Guest k0zmic
Guys I have 2 questions:

1) If I do factory reset, the ROM will still be there, right?

2) I want to clean my sd card from everything, cause I sell my phone. There are applications to do that, or just format it from the windows level?

1.) Factory reset from Android or via recovery? Recovery = No Android = All user data gone but ROM still there.

2.) Just format it at Windows level if I were you.

Guest LVL91

I know it is a bit whiny, but I have a request...

Can you implement USB-host on this rom?

I have no clue how to do that, and I got 2 usb-host adapters to try it out with.

If it works, I will post a video(youtube probably) to see it working! :D

Guest robinhud2010
maps n gmail are indeed included in v3

following changes have been done so far (teaser):

-updated gapps

-Added google maps, gmail, youtube

-removed more useless files

-Added Es file explorer and volume +

-Changed default bookmarks in browser (included modaco, android, deleted crap)

I hope those features are in addition to the theme chooser and theme manager u had previously mentioned... :D

Guest robinhud2010
Good changes IMO. Maps, Gmail and YouTube are things most people use and download so that saves a bit of time.

ES File Explorer is great and it can edit/delete Root files.

Useful bookmarks added as well is a bonus.

How do u change read-write preference in Es explorer? I can't seem to find it. :D

Yep under mounts and storage.

Thanks for this :D

Currently on a business trip but will definitely check this out by the end of the week!

Guest Jetba

I wold prefer ownhere rather than normal gmaps, because gmaps doesn't support navigation in Finland. And yeah, if possible add dspmanager.

Guest Psyloid
How do u change read-write preference in Es explorer? I can't seem to find it. :D

settings/root options

choose hiapk, not cm, then mount file system

I hope those features are in addition to the theme chooser and theme manager u had previously mentioned

don't worry :D

if possible add dspmanager.

volume+ is way better (same as dsp, but boosts volume as well if needed)

Edited by Psyloid

Guest Saibotic

Oioi Psyloid, I really appreciate your work with this ROM!

Just wondering when V3 is coming out, is it soon or should I install V2 first instead?

Best regards. :D

Guest jlgmax

I did a full wipe and installed this ROM and gapps-gb-20110307 which contains google books.

I have no books icon in my menu, so I tried to run an install from the google books apk. When I run the app manager asks if I want to uninstall or launch Google Books - so it obviously thinks it is installed. When I click "launch" it fails, when I click "Unistall" it says uninstall unsuccessful.

Any ideas how I can get this working (preferably without the hassle of another full wipe !).

Thanks.

Guest vitroid

Been using this a couple of days now, and I must say the battery life compared to vanilla CM7 is outstanding.

78% battery after 7h 37m, whereas on vanilla CM7 my battery would be dead after 10 hours.

Will you be updating this as soon as more nightlies arrive? And will I be able to flash without wiping?

Edited by vitroid

Guest Geree

I've been using V2 since Sunday almost everything was fine so far but I noticed some minor bugs

-light sensor doesn't work perfectly, sometimes it "freezes", seems not to sense any light changes...a screen on-off solves the issue

-today the GPS failed to work, neither the statusbar logo appeared when I turned it on.. a reboot solved it

Did anybody experienced these issues so far with this rom?

Guest Psyloid
Can you add the new WiFi driver from wbaw? Could create one myself, but it's nice for a V3 :D

do you have a link for that?

edit: sorry didnt see it at first, will consider :D

Edited by Psyloid

Guest Psyloid
Oioi Psyloid, I really appreciate your work with this ROM!

Just wondering when V3 is coming out, is it soon or should I install V2 first instead?

Best regards. :D

Its ready when is ready .... :D

still need to do stuff so won't be this week prolly, maybe next ..

Guest Psyloid
I did a full wipe and installed this ROM and gapps-gb-20110307 which contains google books.

I have no books icon in my menu, so I tried to run an install from the google books apk. When I run the app manager asks if I want to uninstall or launch Google Books - so it obviously thinks it is installed. When I click "launch" it fails, when I click "Unistall" it says uninstall unsuccessful.

Any ideas how I can get this working (preferably without the hassle of another full wipe !).

Thanks.

i nevef managed to get books to show up in many different roms ... guess it just dont work yet

Guest targetbsp
The proximity sensor bug is giving me a headache :/

Lol. I don't understand why you moved this from N72? :D I can't see anything fixed between N72 and N85 that warrants having a broken proximity sensor personally.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Psyloid
Lol. I don't understand why you moved this from N72? :D I can't see anything fixed between N72 and N85 that warrants having a broken proximity sensor personally.

as mentioned before : N72 + my included stuff broke usb mounting for some unknown reason

Guest skull_fcuk

Just wanted to thank you for your ROM, been very happy with battery life. I can live with the Proximity bug, as i enjoy being part of the development process. Looking forward to the next version, and btw, love the Green Android boot screen.