[ROM][Gen1][Gen2] JGM Software GingerFLB

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest TheManicGibbon
For V3 B)

Good grief, can't you just flash the addon? :) It was made specifically for you...

I'm not sure when V3 will appear or even what it will contain; the only main problem left is the FLB root issue, which both myself and flibblesan have been working on without much success.

Guest Matrys

Ahh ok. patchs works well :) THX

Could you tell me which file respond to key lock when i press power key?? I clean rom of some programs and I remove to much?? B)

Guest TheManicGibbon
Ahh ok. patchs works well :) THX

Could you tell me which file respond to key lock when i press power key?? I clean rom of some programs and I remove to much?? B)

Sorry what? You have no lockscreen?

Guest TheManicGibbon
Yes..

Meaby I remove too much of /system/apps..

Hmm, I'm not sure. I suggest reflashing the ROM, without wiping ofc, to get it back. Then you can start again, removing the apps, but maybe google any you're not sure about first to see what they do. For example, GenieWidget is the News and Weather app, not obvious at all from the name.

Hope this helps!

Guest TheManicGibbon
Any chance of getting gen 2 v2 hosted on multiupload?

Thanks! :)

Sorry I use MediaFire to keep track of my download numbers, that's why I request that people don't mirror my stuff too :rolleyes:

On a more positive note, I've made a new bootanimation for the ROM! Should be implemented in the next version (this time, no ETAs :rolleyes: ) along with a ROM kitchen now I'm on the dev team.

Click for animated version

post-843502-1309370806_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Guest flux88

Tried Blue Ginger and Ginger Sir Fry but I keep coming back to this ROM! Two things that make this ROM stand out for me:

- It's the only one where the theme is nice, consistent and close to stock!

- The battery life is the best you'll find on any ROM.

- I cannot find any bugs

- the wifi tethering is rock solid :)

One small improvement though: when you turn off the screen in 2.3 ROMs they have that nice TV switch off effect rather than a fade out

Also where do you upload the icons pack? I can't seem to get launcherpro to recognise them.

Thank you very much. Excellent work.

Edited by flux88

Guest TheManicGibbon

Thanks for all your comments! This CRT animation as it's known I thought was a feature of 2.3.x ROMs, but I'll certainly look at implementing it for you.

Ah; it's not actually an icon pack in the sense that you can install it and it changes icons in the app drawer. I called it an "icon pack" before this was a feature actually implemented in Launcher Pro

To use it, download it to your SD card, and when placing or customising shortcuts or dock backgrounds using LP, then browse to the folder on the SD card and select them.

I'm considering implementing a new bootanimation and making a kitchen for this ROM as well, are there still a few active users? I thought most people had buggered off to Gingerbread tongue.gif

But no I'm happy to provide continued support and updates for a while yet smile.gif

Guest flux88

Thanks! I think the whole icon set preference box was distracting me! Those icons much nicer than the stock launcher pro grey/whitish ones.

£100 Blade, £10 month Tesco SIM only and a excellent free customised ROM from TheManicGibbon. Can't beat it!

Guest ididmytime

Thanks! I think the whole icon set preference box was distracting me! Those icons much nicer than the stock launcher pro grey/whitish ones.

£100 Blade, £10 month Tesco SIM only and a excellent free customised ROM from TheManicGibbon. Can't beat it!

I would strongly recommened using a 2.3 rom.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Another person on Tesco! laugh.gif Was beginning to think I was the only one on here wink.gif

I would strongly recommened using a 2.3 rom.

Some people still like Froyo for their own reasons, and there's no reason why people can't continue to use these as well as or alongside the newer Gingerbread ROMs. Hey, it looks like Gingerbread wink.gif, and that's all some people want.

Guest ididmytime

Some people still like Froyo for their own reasons, and there's no reason why people can't continue to use these as well as or alongside the newer Gingerbread ROMs. Hey, it looks like Gingerbread wink.gif, and that's all some people want.

Oh absolutely, and it's nothing against your rom. Some apps still only work on 2.2 rather than 2.3, I just mentioned this because it's easier to test roms at the start, then to backup everything and swap over.

After all the commotion around GSF , I had some time to test this rom ;)

I like to test and test and test ... so also THIS rom must be tested .

Is it possible that the battery life is better then GSF ??

I have this rom only running for about 12 hours , and have to test much more ... but at first sight battery life is GREAT.

Everything is running smooth and fast ... no FC's , reboots etc.

For many people the "notification bar power widget" is very important , and in this rom it is included and working fine :P

To me it is less important , ... but I must admit that it is handy .

I'm bussy making myself a theme , but I think I will end up by flashing the rom over to get the 'original' back :)

So ... at first sight , i'm impressed by the battery life ( THAT is important to me ) , and will run this much longer than I thought .

Guest TheManicGibbon

Thank you very much for taking the time to test :) Yes, the battery life is exceedingly good on this ROM, that's one of the main reasons people like it I think.

Bear in mind that all the various Gingerbread themes for FLB in this thread work perfectly if you're looking for a change

Thanks again for your comments :)

Guest Akash P

TheManicGibbon , Must say it's a great rom. Great battery life i must say.. Would it be too much if i asked you to use the rom i posted below as your base? It's much more stable than FLB's, has a great battery life and has no wifi issues, no bugs whatsoever. It's the Stock Froyo rom from Dell for Dell XCD35 Gen 2 (ZTE BLADE). Build date: 24 Feb 2011. I've removed the recovery from it as well as some undiserable apps.

Please do test out this rom and if you like it do use it as your base.

Looking forward towards your future roms.

Regards,

Akash.

Re Uploaded

http://www.mediafire.com/?zu0o42lylyuldy5

Edited by Akash P

TheManicGibbon , Must say it's a great rom. Great battery life i must say.. Would it be too much if i asked you to use the rom i posted below as your base? It's much more stable than FLB's, has a great battery life and has no wifi issues, no bugs whatsoever. It's the Stock Froyo rom from Dell for Dell XCD35 Gen 2 (ZTE BLADE). Build date: 24 Feb 2011. I've removed the recovery from it as well as some undiserable apps.

Please do test out this rom and if you like it do use it as your base.

Looking forward towards your future roms.

Regards,

Akash.

Attachment:

http://www.mediafire...pholl4mqmoyyrdm

Do you have more details about this rom ?

i want to test it , but do not want to end up with a broken blade .

Edited by Kuoi

Guest TheManicGibbon

I've read your other thread and this does seem like an interesting ROM. One thing putting me off using it as a base is that lack of superuser rights. I'm looking into this though. Also, it wouldn't be GingerFLB then wink.gif.

I'll certainly think about it and do some research smile.gif

Guest KonstaT

I've read your other thread and this does seem like an interesting ROM. One thing putting me off using it as a base is that lack of superuser rights. I'm looking into this though. Also, it wouldn't be GingerFLB then wink.gif.

I'll certainly think about it and do some research smile.gif

I think your just being polite. ;) Swedish Spring is also based on build from february. There must be like 30 stock ROMs with more recent build than this indian one. Then there's Triple Two Project (Build Jun 24 07:40:49 CST 2011):

http://android.modac...v4-android-222/

It's based on the most recent build of all ROMs here (CM7 excluded). Then there are still four stock ROM updates more recent than that (two hungarian, one french and one german). If someone is planning on a new froyo ROM it should be based on one of those four. I'm not even so sure that there is much use for froyos anymore since gingerbreads are getting good. I made my ROM purely because it was the first android 2.2.2.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest TheManicGibbon

I think it could still be useful to have decent Froyos kicking about biggrin.gif

KonstaT, you're a ROM pwnzor and you've helped with GingerFLB before; I have a question for you. If i take one of the stock ROMs and adapt it to make a custom build, how do I root the (update.zip) so that when a user installs the ROM, it's already rooted?

Cheers.

Guest KonstaT

I think it could still be useful to have decent Froyos kicking about biggrin.gif

KonstaT, you're a ROM pwnzor and you've helped with GingerFLB before; I have a question for you. If i take one of the stock ROMs and adapt it to make a custom build, how do I root the (update.zip) so that when a user installs the ROM, it's already rooted?

Cheers.

You need to do three things:

-add/replace /system/bin/su (make sure that rights are correct)

-add /system/app/Superuser.apk

-set ro.secure=0 in default.prop

You need to unpack boot.img to edit default.prop. There might also be lines in init.rc that give wrong rights to /system/bin/su.

Guest TheManicGibbon

You need to do three things:

-add/replace /system/bin/su (make sure that rights are correct)

-add /system/app/Superuser.apk

-set ro.secure=0 in default.prop

You need to unpack boot.img to edit default.prop. There might also be lines in init.rc that give wrong rights to /system/bin/su.

Yeah, I'll not bother laugh.gif

I've read that unpacking the boot image is quite difficult, considering I can't even get APKTool to play straight.

Guest KonstaT

Yeah, I'll not bother laugh.gif

I've read that unpacking the boot image is quite difficult, considering I can't even get APKTool to play straight.

It's not that difficult but you need a linux box to do it.

Problems that I've had with APKTool is that it compresses files that shouldn't be compressed (framework-res.apk). .apk's that it creates are also unsigned so you have to sign them afterwards.