[ROM][Gen1][Gen2] JGM Software GingerFLB

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest happyandroid
This is mainly for the benefit of TheManicGibbon.

I've changed a few things around in the install script, added some extra bits to ensure correct permissions in the system, and hopefully fixed the root issue once and for all. Superuser bin updated and kept in xbin with correct permissions set and a symlink made to bin/su also. This should allow all root apps to find the su binary at all times.

Also added two files to enable/disable system write access which is used by some root apps.

Can't test this myself as I don't have a blade any more (sorry guys) but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Copy over the content of the rom zip and flash as normal, should be fine. Or wait for somebody to integrate this into the rom? :D

just tried this but it says "installation aborted"

Guest TheManicGibbon
Ummm.Now wifi isn't working there is no mac address!

I've not tried this yet; did you try to flash it from Clockwork?

Thanks for that flibblesan :D

EDIT: Sorry if this is obvious;

"Copy over the content of the rom zip and flash as normal, should be fine. Or wait for somebody to integrate this into the rom?"

What do you mean by this? Can it not just be flashed straight off..?

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest happyandroid

did it using clockwork.... any idea why no wifi and bluetooth mac addresses. cannot connect to wifi.

the update may have worked as i do not seem to be having root problems but who knows!!!!

Edited by happyandroid

Guest TheManicGibbon
did it using clockwork.... any idea why no wifi and bluetooth mac addresses. cannot connect to wifi.

the update may have worked as i do not seem to be having root problems but who knows!!!!

I notice you're from Thailand, what is the phone called there? Like, is it a San Francisco imported or what, sorry for my ignorance :D

Guest Mushroom_Lord

You were supposed to use the scripting files that Flibblesan just gave you to replace the current scripting in your ROM zip file. - (you need to shove that /system/ folder from your ROM into this zip. Or vice versa (his script into your ROM)

Guest TheManicGibbon
You were supposed to use the scripting files that Flibblesan just gave you to replace the current scripting in your ROM zip file. - (you need to shove that /system/ folder from your ROM into this zip. Or vice versa (his script into your ROM)

So put the contents bin and xbin into my ROM zip, replacing the old versions?

Guest happyandroid
I notice you're from Thailand, what is the phone called there? Like, is it a San Francisco imported or what, sorry for my ignorance :D

Hi mate. got it in England when i was back seeing the family.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Hi mate. got it in England when i was back seeing the family.

Ah right. Any luck with the wifi yet? Seeing as the MAC address is "hard coded" I don't understand how flashing that has effectively removed it for you.. :/

Guest burstlam

I compile a gen2 compatible boot image with flib's source.

All core features retained and I adopted bfqv2-r1 and B10 touchscreen fix manually but I don't have a B10, so pls help me to test whether it works or not.

I lost the little green man of boot image by accident. so u will get a dark screen on boot. pls do not panic. Actually i don't know what really goes wrong. this is my gratitude to have someone guide me out of this.

FYI, this kernel contain the same root-permission issue of FLB-R11. u need a task killer to save the freeze situaltion as needed.

here is the boot image and corresponding wifi related files to be replaced with:

http://hotfile.com/dl/119445556/f7d3303/fl...-files.zip.html

cheers!

Edited by burstlam

Guest Simon O
So put the contents bin and xbin into my ROM zip, replacing the old versions?

Yep. extract my zip and copy the contents of the system folder into the roms system folder then replace the install scripts with the ones I made.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Yep. extract my zip and copy the contents of the system folder into the roms system folder then replace the install scripts with the ones I made.

Just to be sure, they are the ones in changes.zip\META-INF\com\google\android, which should replace the ones in ROM.zip\META-INF\com\google\android?

Thanks!

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Ah right. Any luck with the wifi yet? Seeing as the MAC address is "hard coded" I don't understand how flashing that has effectively removed it for you.. :/

There are guides to changing your Mac address on this forum a topic called two blades one Mac address comes to mind... (no joke - if you know what I mean...)

Guest Simon O
Just to be sure, they are the ones in changes.zip\META-INF\com\google\android, which should replace the ones in ROM.zip\META-INF\com\google\android?

Thanks!

Yep, that's right.

Guest DasReich

I have the problem that any download form the market interrupt immediately :D

Edited by DasReich

Guest TheManicGibbon

Just to provide a little update for you folks, I'm really busy at the moment, but I'm working on applying the fixes flibblesan has provided me with, and integrating some Gen2 fixes and a market problem fix into the Gen2 ROM. If anyone has the market problem and needs a quick fix, this thread and the ROM thread has several posts and fixes for you.

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest and downloaded :D

Guest Zlee Vuk
the rom may not have MMS information for your provider in the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file.

There are settings in apns conf.xml-file but not correct. I corrected them, but I think the problem is the ROM because I have to enable mobile data to be able to send MMS. Am I right?

Guest Mushroom_Lord
There are settings in apns conf.xml-file but not correct. I corrected them, but I think the problem is the ROM because I have to enable mobile data to be able to send MMS. Am I right?

No, you have always needed mobile data to send an mms.

On every phone in existance!

Your carrier should charge you at an mms rate rather than internet rate, though.

Guest happyandroid
No, you have always needed mobile data to send an mms.

On every phone in existance!

Your carrier should charge you at an mms rate rather than internet rate, though.

I think he means it opened automatically then closed again

Guest TheManicGibbon
Please add OC function and smartass governor. This would make this rom one of the best

I'll look into this for you, fixing the root bug and Gen2 features are first on my list though. Thanks for the suggestion :D

It seems right that mobile data has to be enabled for MMS to work. I'm sure it was like that on the stock ROM, so I'm not sure how other ROMs manage this without enabling data.

Cheers

Guest TheManicGibbon

@happyandroid, do you have any updates regarding your Wi-Fi issue?

I see a few people have downloaded flibblesan's changes file, can anyone confirm that it doesn't cause problems before I integrate it into the ROM? I'd hate to break peoples phones, or if this was just a probelm for happyandroid

Cheers everyone :D

Guest KonstaT
@happyandroid, do you have any updates regarding your Wi-Fi issue?

I see a few people have downloaded flibblesan's changes file, can anyone confirm that it doesn't cause problems before I integrate it into the ROM? I'd hate to break peoples phones, or if this was just a probelm for happyandroid

Cheers everyone :D

I hate say it, but flibblesan's files didn't fix the root issue for me. Actually, I had no root issue before, everything was working as it should. After integrating flibblesan's fix, no root access at all.

I also have issue with gen2 kernel and A2SD. It doesn't mount sd-ext properly or doesn't load scripts from /system/etc/init.d, I'm not sure which one yet. I used burstlam's kernel from post #135 and it fixed this issue. A2SD is working, but that autokiller thing didn't get root access. I could get root on other apps though.