[ROM][Gen1][Gen2] JGM Software GingerFLB

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest Redflake

Can confirm that flibblesan's fix for su breaks root access.

Intergrated into rom then tried as upgrade no whipe and also as clean install. :D

Guest KonstaT
Then maybe you shouldn't have flashed them :D

It's called testing. :D I tested many combinations while sorting that A2SD issue and I also tested flibblesan's files. This is not the ROM in my every day use at the moment, so testing is the only thing I've done so far.

I just wanted to point out that those files didn't seem to fix the root issue.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Oh dear :D

I'd just like to point out I'm still learning about all this :D, so could you please explain what you mean in a bit more simplistic terms:

I also have issue with gen2 kernel and A2SD. It doesn't mount sd-ext properly or doesn't load scripts from /system/etc/init.d, I'm not sure which one yet. I used burstlam's kernel from post #135 and it fixed this issue.

You used burstlam's new kernel to fix an A2SD problem, and you were having a problem mounting the partition on the SD card where apps are stored when they are moved to the SD card, or a problem to do with scripts? Correct? Now, what's the problem with scripts?

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest KonstaT
Oh dear :D

I'd just like to point out I'm still learning about all this :D, so could you please explain what you mean in a bit more simplistic terms:

You used burstlam's new kernel to fix an A2SD problem, and you were having a problem mounting the partition on the SD card where apps are stored when they are moved to the SD card, or a problem to do with scripts? Correct? Now, what's the problem with scripts?

I have ext3 partition on my sdcard, where apps are moved using a2sd scripts that create symbolic links between /data and sdext. Problem using included kernel was that sdext wasn't mounted at all. I don't know at which point sdext should be mounted, is it done in kernel or in a2sd scripts. I think it is also determined in kernel where ROM loads its userinit scripts. FLB's scripts are at /system/etc/init.d (you'll also find a2sd script here), Swedish Spring has /system/bin/userinit.sh. Problem was fixed using burstlam's kernel.

Guest burstlam

the b15 image does not support the bb run parts init.d script. You have to install a2sd by yourself if u use the B15 image.

and Flibblesan, I download your fix and have alook at it

I believe that fix is something u already try to do in between the R10-11 release but it did not work out at all.

Is there any chance the Kernel change cause su permission problem

Is there something change in the Kernel source with R10 and R11?

Not only the SU problem but there is also a lag issue of using Moboplayer with R10/11 Kernel ,

which didn't have with the R9B kernel? (I TPT back to gen1 and confirm this)

Edited by burstlam

Guest happyandroid
@happyandroid, do you have any updates regarding your Wi-Fi issue?

I see a few people have downloaded flibblesan's changes file, can anyone confirm that it doesn't cause problems before I integrate it into the ROM? I'd hate to break peoples phones, or if this was just a probelm for happyandroid

Cheers everyone :D

I'm back on SS at the moment. awaiting developments here. I liked your version of the rom etc. The root issue was only slightly problematic for me, once I got used to it. The wifi i have no idea what went wrong as its working on SS now. The only other issue i had was if i got texts in thai script it would not read them properly.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :D

Guest burstlam
I'm back on SS at the moment. awaiting developments here. I liked your version of the rom etc. The root issue was only slightly problematic for me, once I got used to it. The wifi i have no idea what went wrong as its working on SS now. The only other issue i had was if i got texts in thai script it would not read them properly.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :D

wifi drivers are different if u use a gen1. u need those on R11.

Guest KonstaT

JGM Software GingerFLB [GEN2] semi-fixed version

-burstlam's gen2 kernel and wifi drivers (see post #135)

-Added Darktremor A2SD 2.7.5.3-beta02

-Mounts cache to tmpfs

-CPU clock set ondemand 122-600mhz

-Added sysrw and sysro scripts

-Uses saunalahti RILs

-Updated maps to 5.5.0

-Added No-frills CPU control

-Small fix in updater-script to show progress bar correctly

http://www.mediafire.com/?kajm8r5jgc3y2rc

MD5:B2B7EF258947D1EDFE6C4655582EF619

A2SD working and better than ever. Market issue related to 2mb /cache size fixed. All the goodies in kernel, including support for overclocking and smartass governor etc.

Root issue still unresolved. Rebooting usually helps. You can also kill superuser and app you were trying to get root access to with some taskkiller and try launching app again.

Credits to TheManicGibbon and flibblesan for the ROM and to burstlam for the gen2 kernel and wifi drivers. This was posted as I wish that it helps TheManicGibbon with his own developement.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest daerragh

Thank you for the ROM. It's an excellent work. I miss some new wallpapers though :D You could add some.

For me there's only one thing missing - an overclockable kernel with OC'ed AHB. Could you include it your new release?

Guest TheManicGibbon
Thank you for the ROM. It's an excellent work. I miss some new wallpapers though :D You could add some.

For me there's only one thing missing - an overclockable kernel with OC'ed AHB. Could you include it your new release?

If you're GEN2, try KonstaT's version with some fixes and an OC option on the previous page? Is that what you're looking for?

Guest Simon O

Could somebody help with the root issue by sending some logs when you try to obtain superuser and it fails please? I'm going to speak to ChainsDD, the author of Superuser, to get some help with the issue.

Guest TheManicGibbon
I'm thinking to move here from FLB r11b - do I need to wipe?

Thanks.

If you're GEN1, then no. If you're GEN2, frankly I'm not sure because there's a different kernel and stuff...perhaps someone could clarify that for me.

If you are GEN2, use KonstaT's version in post #160 (previous page). Sorry I can't be of more help!

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I would assume that no wipe would be required going from Gen2 FLB to this.

Don't you share LanceH's boot image etc from his Gen2 FLB anyway?

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Guest TheManicGibbon

True, although it seems KonstaT's version is slightly improved, which does not use LanceH's boot (I think).

Guest Mushroom_Lord
True, although it seems KonstaT's version is slightly improved, which does not use LanceH's boot (I think).

Sorry I'm not that technical :D

Guest KonstaT
If you're GEN1, then no. If you're GEN2, frankly I'm not sure because there's a different kernel and stuff...perhaps someone could clarify that for me.

If you are GEN2, use KonstaT's version in post #160 (previous page). Sorry I can't be of more help!

I see no reason for wipe coming from gen2 either.

Always switching between ROMs, take nandroid backup of your current working system.

Guest Searcher2

Having used this ROM since it came out I am happy with battery life.... but I am having problems with Yahoo Mail! notifications. They worked for a while and then stopped. I uninstalled and reinstalled Yahoo Mail but I didn't get the notifications back. In the end I restored a backup of this ROM from when they worked and got them back again - but now I have lost them again.

I am wondering if it could be the Autokiller which appears to be built into this ROM and would like to get rid of it to see if that helps. Is this possible or should I install standard FLB and then just add the gingerbread theme.

My priorities for the phone are :

GPS

Battery life

Yahoo Mail

Internet

I like the battery indicator giving the battery % left as when using GPS it is good to know how the battery is holding out but not at the expense of Yahoo Mail not working. It was fine in the stock ROM.

Guest aaroncarey

Has anyone managed to get a Fix that allows the google Listen app to work on an FLB ROM? It's the only thing I miss from SS, and I've never got it to work on any FLB rom (gen1 or 2, v5-11)

Guest Kthulhu
Having used this ROM since it came out I am happy with battery life.... but I am having problems with Yahoo Mail! notifications. They worked for a while and then stopped. I uninstalled and reinstalled Yahoo Mail but I didn't get the notifications back. In the end I restored a backup of this ROM from when they worked and got them back again - but now I have lost them again.

I am wondering if it could be the Autokiller which appears to be built into this ROM and would like to get rid of it to see if that helps. Is this possible or should I install standard FLB and then just add the gingerbread theme.

My priorities for the phone are :

GPS

Battery life

Yahoo Mail

Internet

I like the battery indicator giving the battery % left as when using GPS it is good to know how the battery is holding out but not at the expense of Yahoo Mail not working. It was fine in the stock ROM.

You can set the autokiller to "system default".

Did you restore the Yahoo app (or dat) with Titanium or any similar app? Try to install from market, and if the problem persist: wipe cache/reset data and reinstall the rom again - it's a bit of a pin but sometimes solve specific issues.

In the mean time you could use K9 mail or other client to check yahoo. ( iuse it for yahoo and no prob at all)

Guest Searcher2
You can set the autokiller to "system default".

Did you restore the Yahoo app (or dat) with Titanium or any similar app? Try to install from market, and if the problem persist: wipe cache/reset data and reinstall the rom again - it's a bit of a pin but sometimes solve specific issues.

In the mean time you could use K9 mail or other client to check yahoo. ( iuse it for yahoo and no prob at all)

I tried an remove and reinstall and also an install from an Astro backup. Neither worked. I had not tried to wipe the cache. However, instead of messing about I just tried the K9 Mail and it seems to do the trick and looks more flexible than Yahoo Mail so I am hoping that will be more reliable.

As for Autokiller - I couldn't work out how to get to the settings. I clicked on Applications and then Autokiller but it just hung. Currently on normal FLB with K9 Mail and seems to be working okay. May move back to this ROM at some point.

Thanks!

Edited by Searcher2