[ROM][Gen1][Gen2] JGM Software GingerFLB

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest TheManicGibbon
Just joined the forums.

But had been reading for some time after i managed a UK San Fransisco / Dell Xcd 35 last month

Its Gen 1 , Flb r10 version.

Still learning Android,

Will start experimenting new versions as a consumer ( newbie) once i get comfortable with the green man.

Have to go to abbrevations / glossory every time i read some thing new.

Frankly, get a feeling of FREEDOM when i use this android. ;)

Hope the goodies continue for some more time, and members dont feel pestered with repetative and basic questions.

Keep the good work people :D

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Don't be worried about asking questions; as long as the answers aren't in stickies or easily found by searching, people will be happy to help you. In case you don't know, FLB r11b is the latest version of the FLB ROM available. If you wanted to upgrade but stick with FLB, you have a choice of this ROM, stock FLB r11b by flibblesan or the Gen2 build of FLB by Len Ash.

Welcome to the forums and enjoy! :P

Guest gauviz

Awesome Initiative.

Well i completely agree, FLB provides by far the best user experience with least bugs. I have tried all roms including CM7 nightly and nothing comes close to this in terms of speed and stability. I always keep coming back to this ROM.

And now its all in one package. Can't ask for more.

Guest gauviz

Just one input,

Please remove facebook and google apps like gmail and maps etc from ROM.

This is because i'm unable to update these on my phone.

Guest count1k

Thank you for this great rom. After having tried many roms I think I will stick to this because of it's great battery life and nice theme.

But I am having one issue I did not experience with other roms: every time I plug in the phone for charging it is rebooting. Is this a known bug and/or can you help me fix it?

I did a complete wipe before flashing this rom, using the gen2 version of the rom.

Thank you!

Daniel

Guest TheManicGibbon
Just one input,

Please remove facebook and google apps like gmail and maps etc from ROM.

This is because i'm unable to update these on my phone.

You should be able to update them, they are there for convenience for the majority of people. I might create a Lite version of this ROM when V2 rolls around ;)

Thank you for this great rom. After having tried many roms I think I will stick to this because of it's great battery life and nice theme.

But I am having one issue I did not experience with other roms: every time I plug in the phone for charging it is rebooting. Is this a known bug and/or can you help me fix it?

I did a complete wipe before flashing this rom, using the gen2 version of the rom.

Thank you!

Daniel

I've not heard of this before, so no, it's not a known issue :P I'm not overly clued up on the Gen2 ROM since a lot of the work for that was done by some other devs...might be worth asking Len Ash, he maintains the Gen2 version of stock FLB. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Not sure why but Wifi Tethering is not working for me

The built in tethering can be a bit flaky, I've noticed that, try this app. I use it, works perfectly.

Guest TheManicGibbon

UPDATED:

--Added all standard Froyo wallpapers as a separate download, plus some beautiful HDR images which Trey Ratcliffe is kindly letting me use.

--Updated all apps to latest versions

--Completely re-written Gingerbread theme for both GEN1 and GEN2 ROMs; now looks a lot better.

--GEN2 Version now uses burstlam's boot.img, a lot more effective, with new features such as overclocking. No-Frills CPU Control added to GEN2 ROM.

I know a lot of the focus is now on Gingerbread ROMs, but I think there is still a market for good, stable Froyo ROMs. I'll endeavour to keep this up to date so long as there's a requirement for it.

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest Mushroom_Lord
UPDATED:

And all is well for what I am declaring the:

1) Best ROM for "teh noobz"

2) The most stable and "out of the box" froyo :)

Good work, and yes, gingerbreadyness....

Well I'm waiting for a bit till they get relatively stable, and then will probably stay on cm7 anyhowz B)

Guest TheManicGibbon
And all is well for what I am declaring the:

1) Best ROM for "teh noobz"

2) The most stable and "out of the box" froyo :)

Good work, and yes, gingerbreadyness....

Well I'm waiting for a bit till they get relatively stable, and then will probably stay on cm7 anyhowz B)

Thanks! I really appreciate the endorsement :D

Guest k0zmic

Update looks good. I'll probably give this a go in between CM7 ROM's because I like new shiny (charcoal coloured in this case) stuff.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest TheManicGibbon
Update looks good. I'll probably give this a go in between CM7 ROM's because I like new shiny (charcoal coloured in this case) stuff.

Thanks! If I can be bothered I might update some of the standalone JGMS-Gingerbread themes as well so people can have options with this ROM. Suggestions for which ones to pimp out are welcome.

Cheers!

Guest finbaar

Great idea this ROM. I am currently downloading Gen 1 v2 and will put it on my replacement Blade when it comes later this week. I totally agree with TheManicGibbon about FLB FroYo being the most stable and usable ROM. My wife's (which was mine) OLED Blade has happily ran r10b since March without a hitch. My TFT Blade got modded to Gen 2 to run CM 7 but I ended up putting r11b on anyway as I needed a fully working phone. The TFT Blade died but it's replacement will be here soon I hope and this will be the ROM I will use and stick with. Thanks again.

Guest k0zmic
Thanks! If I can be bothered I might update some of the standalone JGMS-Gingerbread themes as well so people can have options with this ROM. Suggestions for which ones to pimp out are welcome.

Cheers!

Not a theme request but could you please add the reboot menu that CM7 has?

Guest TheManicGibbon
Not a theme request but could you please add the reboot menu that CM7 has?

Yeah I thought about this, I'm looking into how this can be done. The reboot app is still there, same thing but one extra "click"/touch B)

Why did you remove the Power widget from notification bar ?

It just so happened that the theme I use was the one that doesn't have the notification power widget, so that was the theme to be rewritten first and included with the ROM. I'm working on an addon to put the widget back for people who use it :)

Guest k0zmic
Yeah I thought about this, I'm looking into how this can be done. The reboot app is still there, same thing but one extra "click"/touch :)

It's something to do with the Android.policy.jar IIRC (but you probably know that).

Guest gauviz

I'm getting insufficient memory error while installing any app.

How can i fix this

I'm using version 2

Edited by gauviz

Guest Noramas
That does not happen in all froyo roms. SS does not have that problem for example.

Sorry, it's not about Froyo, it's about FLB, my mistake.

Guest TheManicGibbon
It's something to do with the Android.policy.jar IIRC (but you probably know that).

No lol, I hadn't got round to looking at that yet. Just got a shiny new graphics tablet, I've been a bit distracted B) Thanks, I'll look at this :)

I'm getting insufficient memory error while installing any app.

How can i fix this

I'm using version 2

It means you don't have enough free space, either on your phone memory or your SD card, depending on what apps you're installing. Try clearing things like the browser cache to increase space. My browser cache can be about 11MB after just a week or so of occasional usage.

Sorry, it's not about Froyo, it's about FLB, my mistake.

This was to do with the mobile data being enabled to send MMS messages wasnt it?

Guest k0zmic
No lol, I hadn't got round to looking at that yet. Just got a shiny new graphics tablet, I've been a bit distracted B) Thanks, I'll look at this :)

Nice. I think I spotted a good looking tutorial on XDA on how to do this, but I don't know whether it was applicable since it was for a TouchWiz ROM.

Guest TheManicGibbon
I'm going to wait for Power widget from notification bar.

A lot of people have requested it, so I've made it available as an addon:

post-843502-1308926320_thumb.png

Flash this after you have flashed GingerFLB, and booted at least once. It will be integrated back into the ROM for V3 because it seems very popular.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6icn4ujsrhcix4z

MD5: 9b53ccc698bd96a0d28cbb9695b08f75