Your five most loved apps?

Guest ValiantSaint

Guest Pondlife
Does anyone know of a good talktime/3g usage apps? Cheers : )

Don't know one for talktime, but 3g watchdog seems to work well for me for net usage, only if you aren't changing roms all the time though.

Guest Pondlife

Those using Swype, what ROMs are you using? I'm on CM7, signed up the the beta the other week, got the download apk thingy, it downloaded the supposedly correct keyboard but despite me turning it on in settings menu and selecting it in messaging it still won't actually work.

Guest nikonboy
Those using Swype, what ROMs are you using? I'm on CM7, signed up the the beta the other week, got the download apk thingy, it downloaded the supposedly correct keyboard but despite me turning it on in settings menu and selecting it in messaging it still won't actually work.

Hi.

I'm using Swype on CM7 with no problems now, did have small problem of swypes not recognised just a glow effect around the keyboard after each word but following a reboot the thing works a treat.

Hope that helps

D

Guest ValiantSaint
Don't know one for talktime, but 3g watchdog seems to work well for me for net usage, only if you aren't changing roms all the time though.

I've noticed that is says this about 3G Watchdog on the Market: "Should NOT be installed on SD card (run as service)" What does that mean? And how do you set it up? Thanks :D

Guest Tony Sidaway

I'm using CyanogenMod 7.0.3 stable. The full version wouldn't install, the installer said there was a problem with the format, so I downloaded the English-Spanish version. It works well and my only problem is that it's based on a US keyboard design and as yet I can't find how to enter the £ (GBP) symbol.

Guest ejhollin

Here's a few:

Rainwatch - uses the BBC weather map feed, really handy to see if you need your umbrella! Best for UK, but has Europe and world maps.

Toggle 2G/3G - zip needs to be flashed like themes, but works on my SS5 Blade as well as Cyanogenmod. Turns off 3G when the screen is off, so saves battery, but enables fast surfing automatically when you turn on the screen.

Smooth Calendar - Nice little widget for upcoming calendar events.

Pubtran - Free London transport travel planner.

Instamapper - Enables you/someone else to track your position very frequently in real time. Has web page to track your progress. See Link

Allcallrecorder - Able to record both sides of a call conversation, works really well on the Blade.

lgcamera - Enables 800x480 video recording, seems to be the best video recording app for the Blade so far. Also an adept camera.

Andless - Simple audio player than can use cue sheets and lossless files.

BBC News App - New official app is really slick.

Dropbox - Helps when installing apks over wifi, quicker in some cases than rigging up USB.

IMDb - Handy for checking on movie info during a film.

Edited by ejhollin

Guest ColdEmbrace

I installed swype then removed it 11mb is a lot for a keyboard and i found it laggier than my current slidable keyboard

Guest Pondlife
I've noticed that is says this about 3G Watchdog on the Market: "Should NOT be installed on SD card (run as service)" What does that mean? And how do you set it up? Thanks :D

Widgets as a whole can't be put on SD card I think.

So you click on a home screen, select widgets, select the 3g watchdog one (I'd go for the smaller one).

Once it's on the homescreen press it, then go settings and you can set up how many mb you have and when they run out.

You can scroll down to set how it warns you if you are getting close to limit or have gone over and whether to have it show in notification bar or not. I confused that with the 3g signal for a while, doh. Explained why it never changed much.

Guest hugobosslives
The installation is very easy:

Just download the latest APK, currently navit-svn-4504.apk, and install it.

Extract a map with the map extractor, rename it to navitmap.bin and put it in /sdcard/navit.

Now you can start to navigate. :D

You just have to see if a certain app can use offline maps. For me that's very important because I want to be independent of any data connections when using navigation.

thanks man. set up and working :D

i agree with you. having offline navigation is very useful.

Guest Pondlife

Very glad of this thread, tried again with swype and this time it installs and actually works fine. :D

Mind you grabbed htc keyboard after help on another thread, so trying to work out which is quicker for me now :D

Guest Roph

Though I'd add a note for Quickpic - the stock gallery app is painfully slow, it took a few minutes of waiting for thumbnails to be able to select a picture to send. Quickpic works just like the gallery but is amazingly fast. It loads in thumbnails as fast as I can scroll :D

Guest wakaru
I'm using CyanogenMod 7.0.3 stable. The full version wouldn't install, the installer said there was a problem with the format, so I downloaded the English-Spanish version. It works well and my only problem is that it's based on a US keyboard design and as yet I can't find how to enter the £ (GBP) symbol.

Try a long press on the "L" key.

I installed swype then removed it 11mb is a lot for a keyboard and i found it laggier than my current slidable keyboard

Surely you are using it with a ROM which is not CyanogenMOD. Unfortunately Swype lags on most ROMs. It runs very well on CyanogenMOD.

Guest slitz
Though I'd add a note for Quickpic - the stock gallery app is painfully slow, it took a few minutes of waiting for thumbnails to be able to select a picture to send. Quickpic works just like the gallery but is amazingly fast. It loads in thumbnails as fast as I can scroll :D

Agreed, I've pretty much ditched all usage of the Gallery app after I installed this a few months back.

It has no lag and pitch zooming is pretty fast and clear.

Guest ValiantSaint

Sorry to ask another stupid question, but I would like to installing Navit, but I don't know how to install an APK file. Oops!

EDIT: I have installed Navit, but all I get when I open the program is a blank screen! (No map is loading) Even though I think I have put the map in the right place........

Edited by ValiantSaint

Guest JolyonS

- FlexT9 - better than Swype IMO

- Pure Messenger Widget (wish it included the Google Reader feed though)

- Touch Calendar

- News Rob

- GO Launcher Ex, GO SMS Pro, GO Weather, GO Contacts, Go Dialler

I definitely fin GO Launcher Ex to be at least as fast as Launcher Pro Plus on Cyanogen Mod nightly 84

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Mine are:

Launcher Pro

Widgetsoid

QuickPic

Fotmob 6.0 (during the footy season, for goal updates)

PKT Auctions (for eBay)

I install them all in that order whenever I try out a new ROM.

Guest k0zmic
isnt it better to make a pool, put some really good apps in it like Opera mini and vote on them?

I think this way allows for a wider range of apps to be recommended, like some more obscure ones.

Guest Steep

ADW Launcher

Aldiko (EBook reader)

Jorte (PIM Calendar)

Voice dialling in conjuction with my BlueAnt Q2 (it's great having texts read out to me in my ear piece)

ElectroDroid - (invaluable reference and calculator tool for anyone in the electrical/electronics line)

Guest BritishBob

3G Watchdag (free version)- It tracks mobile internet usage.

The Floating Image Live wallpaper- Just damned awesome.

Pluse- RSS News feed.

Zedge- For the odd thing. Music ect.

Y5- Battery saver. Automatically connect to cirtian wi-fi and switches wi-fi off when not in range of these networks.

Guest ty_hot

3G Watchdog

Facebook and Twitter (both official apps)

Dolphin Browser HD

Camera 360

Angry Birds

Game Dev Story

Solipskier (completly addicted)