[Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113

Guest TigTex

Guest vadimmitropolsky

follow these steps

turn off wifi

connect usb

notification tray should state usb connected, tap the notification which will bring up the turn on usb storage option, press ok.

don't bother with pc driver wizard.

go to my computer and find devices with removable storage, click it and your connected. at what stage does this fail?

This fail when i press ok,when notification bring up the turn on usb storage option....my device reboots immediately.....

Guest vadimmitropolsky

if you have a wireless network, you can always use a ftp server. i recommend my ftp server. to set up a connection go to my computer -> tools -> map network drive -> sign up for... -> next -> choose another network location -> enter ftp adress (ftp:// ip provided by myftpserver) -> disable "log in anonymously" and enter user name (myftpserver by default) -> type a name for the folder and you're ready..when connecting if it will ask for a password you enter "mypassword" by default

unfortunately,i dont have wi-fi router :(

Guest vadimmitropolsky

USB storage didn't work for me with Tigtex experimental kernel, are you using it?

no,i using 2.6.32.9 kernel from Deadlink(4pda),because this kernel supports SWAP

Guest vadimmitropolsky

have you tryed the original tigtex kernel?

Ofcourse i tryed........In recovery mode USB mass storage mode works ok,but every time i wanted to send files from pc to my device, i must reboot to recovery....its so boring.... :(

Guest green_biri

First of all, best wishes for your health TigTex, I hope you take some vacations under Algarve's sun before you return! ;)

There is a really serious issue with this ROM. It has happened to me several times when I was listening music with my headphones on, and when I received a call I had to take the headphones out because they didn't have incorporated microphone. So when i unplug the headphones, the headset icon stays permanently on the screen, passing the sound of the call to the headset output. So, has my headphones don't have a microphone, I can't talk to anyone.

The only way I managed to fix this was plugging/unplugging my headphones randomly until the headset icon disappeared. My best solution for this problem until now is not using headphones :(

Please test this somehow, I hope it's not my hardware problem.

btw, MMS still don't work...

Best wishes once again, TigTex!

Guest sam tyler

sorry to jump in,but does any know how i can get the clockwork mod recovery for the zte racer? as i am trying add this ROM! i have ROM manager, but when i try the vol+ / vol- power button trick it doesn't work! its driving me mad! please help!!

Guest sam tyler

HI,also i cant seem to download the update zip file,when try to download it the download site says it has been removed? what's going on?

Guest sam tyler

thanks Vadimmitropolsky(hoped I got your name right!)i will try them thanks! i was getting lost in a sea of files! yes,i am new to this.now to see if all these files im putting in the phone work! lol!

Guest sam tyler

I got recovery! just hope the clockwork file works! then i will try loading the ROM, and to the guy who built this ROM,get well soon mate.just hope I don't `brick` the phone! here goes nothing!! to install the clockworkmod,do i need go into recovery or can i use recovery manager? yes,i should never have come down from the trees! lol! sorry about asking for help on this ROM etc.. thanks.

Guest sam tyler

sorry to be a pain.in android system recovery,in backup/restore,do i back up `nand`? or Google proprietary system? at the bottom of screen phone it says built:ra-mooncake-v2,3-cm help please! also,after that do i just install ROM?(i.e. the second file i was told to down load then the ROM)(from first page)

Edited by sam tyler

Guest Racerboy

sorry to be a pain.in android system recovery,in backup/restore,do i back up `nand`? or Google proprietary system? at the bottom of screen phone it says built:ra-mooncake-v2,3-cm help please! also,after that do i just install ROM?(i.e. the second file i was told to down load then the ROM)(from first page)

ok i assume you have clockwordmod recovery installed? if phone is already powered on ( press and hold power button "reboot/recovery") all you have to do is goto "backup and restore" and select back up, it will save to your sd card and use about 300meg , this will back up the rom that is currently installed, so long as back up has been completed successfully and you have copied the new rom you want to install on to your sdcard aswell you can wipe data/factory reset, then goto mounts and storage and format all BUT THE /SDCARD ie /boot /cache/ system/ data/ sd-ext/. Now go back to main menu and goto advanced and wipe dalvik cache, now you can proceed to flashing new rom by choosing "install zip from sdcard" then choose zip from sdcard, scroll down to find your new rom and install it you can install any updates after the rom is successfully installed aswell ........

Edited by Racerboy

Guest vadimmitropolsky

vadim, did you manage to solve your storage issues?

Unfortunetly no...Every time i want to send files i reboot into recovery.... :(

Guest vadimmitropolsky

thanks Vadimmitropolsky(hoped I got your name right!)i will try them thanks! i was getting lost in a sea of files! yes,i am new to this.now to see if all these files im putting in the phone work! lol!

Yeah,Sam,you say my names right ^_^Sam i always glad to help you :)

Guest sam tyler

eh.....to much tech stuff in one go for me,i downloaded the recovery file(img) on to phone and now i have recovery.then (on this page) i was told to download http://android.podtw...date_signed.zip is this clockwork recovery? if it is so i just use install from sd card while in recovery? then after reboot install ROM?(and follow Tex`s install advice? the above advice in the reply is above my head! thanks to everyone's on here sorry to give anyone the run around,but I think I stay with 2.1 for now.(or better still get a new phone!!)cheers Sam.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest sam tyler

pity really, I wanted to put this ROM on my phone.but trying to find this clockworkmod recovery thing,is like trying to find the holy grail!

Guest plegdroid

pity really, I wanted to put this ROM on my phone.but trying to find this clockworkmod recovery thing,is like trying to find the holy grail!

Sam are you only having problems getting the recovery onto your phone? if yes we can solve this!

Guest sam tyler

as i wrote in last few posts,i got recovery on my phone trying to find clockworkmod recovery as well so i can put this ROM on my phone.but got reply s about saying after i get clockwork,load ROM this way etc.,but without clockworkmod recovery, i cant put this ROM ON! (as states in first page) so im stuffed really! im beginning to think it would be easy to get an zte blade etc. or something else! its doing my head in!! the recovery i have on my zte racer (as written) Build : RA-Mooncake-v2.3-cm

Edited by sam tyler

Guest plegdroid

understand, pm me your email address and I'll mail you over recovery manager that will install the recoveryimage so you can boot into recovery and install the rom, i take it you have root already,if not ill also mail you universal androot so you can run recovery manager.

Guest sam tyler

i have recovery manager(and ROM manager (and that NEVER shows any thing for zte racer)) on phone. that's how I put recovery on my phone (the one I wrote in last post) the trick holding vol- and pressing power never worked for me until i put the recovery on. I may have my wires crossed,but it does say on first page that I need clockworkmod recovery, so what is the diff? so do i really need it? can i just load the the ROM via recovery i.e load zip while in recovery? cheers for the offer. and yes phone is root.

Guest plegdroid

if it let's you in via the volume down approach and it boots to a screen that shows reboot now, backup, restore, ect, your in clockwork recovery and you would install the zip file from in there. yes me think you got your wires crossed . now your in just follow tigtex, s instructions install the zip and you've got cm7, it's a leap of faith on the first flash, so for peace of mind before you flash, use the backup in clockwork to make an recovery of your stock rom image, hope the next time your on your on cm7.