[Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113

Guest TigTex

Guest sam tyler

going to try it just one question,in back up/restore(recovery) do i back up both nand and google proprietary system or just one of them? as in Tex `s instructions it just says back up.

Guest plegdroid

it should back up everything, use the backup and restore option and it saves a copy to your sd card idealy it should save just the stock rom.

Guest sam tyler

went to back up nand,its say now what do you want to back up?it showing (in order)boot,system,data,cache,recovery,sd-ext and .android_secure then preform backup i have a funny feeling that its not meant to that,i have been through the reviews of this rom and i didn't see any one have this come up on they comments,i really think you do need a working Knowledge of changing things like rom etc. on a android phone,i think i will reboot and look at the reviews again cheers.

Guest Racerboy

went to back up nand,its say now what do you want to back up?it showing (in order)boot,system,data,cache,recovery,sd-ext and .android_secure then preform backup i have a funny feeling that its not meant to that,i have been through the reviews of this rom and i didn't see any one have this come up on they comments,i really think you do need a working Knowledge of changing things like rom etc. on a android phone,i think i will reboot and look at the reviews again cheers.

ok, is your phone rooted yet and have superuser app installed aswell? if so you can install this http://android.podtw...ager_v0.36b.zip by copying to sdcard and use file manager/explorer to install it (if asked let it have superuser rights) once installed download this http://android.podtw...oncake-gen1.img and copy to sdcard, now goto your app menu and find "RecoveryManager" heres the screenshots of it http://android.modac...ager-v036-beta/ goto the "recovery" tab and select "install recovery from sdcard" and find "recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.4-mookcake-gen1.img" hopefully this will install that recovery. Once its installed turn off your phone wait a few seconds press and hold the vol- button then press power button whilst still holding vol-, now you show see clockwork recovery menu with a list of options like REBOOT SYSTEM NOW, APPLY SDCARD:UPDATE.ZIP ect, so you can do a proper backup by going to "backup and restore" and selecting backup.....if you get this done let us know so we can help you install roms.

Guest plegdroid

like racerboy has said if you've got recovery installed and boot into recovery( clockwork) backup/ restore, backup it should only give you the one option to make a backup, just backed up mine to make sure of the options available, mine dosnt give anymore options than that.

Guest sam tyler

I have ROM and Recovery manager(s) on phone,and it is rooted.(also superuser) can i install recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.4-mookcake-gen1.img using Recovery Manager? i think i saw that on a list of recovery s in a thread in one of the comments about this ROM. but i cant remember where. the recovery i have now came from that list.i did try the zip file i had for my present recovery,(via Recovery manger) but it didn't like it so i used the img part,and that's how i got my present Recovery(im beginning to hate that word!!)i will have a look and see if i can find it.

Guest Racerboy

I have ROM and Recovery manager(s) on phone,and it is rooted.(also superuser) can i install recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.4-mookcake-gen1.img using Recovery Manager? i think i saw that on a list of recovery s in a thread in one of the comments about this ROM. but i cant remember where. the recovery i have now came from that list.i did try the zip file i had for my present recovery,(via Recovery manger) but it didn't like it so i used the img part,and that's how i got my present Recovery(im beginning to hate that word!!)i will have a look and see if i can find it.

yes use the recovery manager on apps menu to install recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.4-mooncake-gen1.img, if you`ve do it already, turn off phone and then press and hold vol- then press power button whilst still holding vol- down, you should get clockwork recovery options now....let us know

Guest sam tyler

got it on phone now,it now says(in Recovery) cwm-based Recovery v4,0,1,4 its not like my old Recovery,got something right today! lol!

Edited by sam tyler

Guest Racerboy

got it on phone now,it now saw(in Recovery) cwm-based Recovery v4,0,1,4 its not like my old Recovery,got something right today! lol!

excellent !!!!! now do a backup before flashing new rom (it creates a clockwork folder on sdcard for backups so dont ever delete it, you can however copy the whole of your sdcard on to your computer as a 2nd backup if you want to format your sdcard at some point, just copy the contents back IF you do), use the 1st post on here for instructions on how to install tigtex 113 rom, if you get stuck let us know ;) forgot to ask is your phone unlocked (open to all networks)? if not its easy to do just dont flash rom yet

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

i think i will do a restore

did you follow these instructions

How to install ---------

-> Requires clockworkmod recovery!!!

1. First backup your old ROM, so if anything is broken you can just rollback!!!

How to backup:

Press powerbutton and VolumeDown (leave volumedown pressed). After 10 seconds, recovery will open

With volume keys, go to "backup and restore". Select that option

Now select "Backup" and wait

2.Copy the rom to the root of your sd-card

3.Start clockworkmod recovery (read above how to)

4.Go to submenu "mounts and storage"

5.Choose "format /boot" "format /data" "format /cache" "format /system" "format /sd-ext" - confirm every action

6.Return to 1st menu and choose "instal zip from sdcard" - "choose zip"

7.After installing, do "reboot system now"

8.Rom will boot for the 1st time, you need to input your PIN and you might need to introduce the network unlock code (you can skip that).

9.First boot wizard will start

COMPLETE!

try again installin rom but this time delete DALVIK CACHE aswell on the advanced menu option in recovery after step 5

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

i have titianum back up,can i use this with my this ROM?

if you`ve done a backup with clockwork recovery you can restore it through the same process, just goto restore, but if your trying to install the new rom again then follow those instructions in my last post...

Guest sam tyler

1.it works!!! but i did find a few faults,ADW force closes sometimes,can sort that out in settings, or download go.used titanium back up to restore some app s.but cant launch 3 favs but i can launch planet3??? phone 3 at the mo,but phone is unlocked.did reboot once or twice, gets hot! lol! what happened to the `3g` sign on top bar? it says `h` now? volume is loud but i just turn it down! (saw other posts)i like the lock screen! but ive lost bottom tool bar? home, browser etc.. any help with these? special thanks to racerboy,plegdroid and everyone else who helped with this! thanks! and oh yes `jucie defender` says my ROM `may be compatible` with it! oh joy!

Edited by sam tyler

Guest Racerboy

1.it works!!! but i did find a few faults,ADW force closes sometimes,can sort that out in settings, or download go.used titanium back up to restore some app s.but cant launch 3 favs but i can launch planet3??? phone 3 at the mo,but phone is unlocked.did reboot once or twice, gets hot! lol! what happened to the `3g` sign on top bar? it says `h` now? volume is loud but i just turn it down! (saw other posts)i like the lock screen! but ive lost bottom tool bar? home, browser etc.. any help with these? special thanks to racerboy,plegdroid and everyone else who helped with this! thanks!

i would`nt use titanium backup to restore the apps because of the difference between your stock 2.1 rom and your new custom 2.3.4 rom thats probably why your getting fc`s, I had the stock rom from 3 aswell, i was`nt fussed about the 3favourites ( i did try and installed the old apk file for it but it fc`d all the time ) but the my3 to show balance and such like is easily accessible through your browser, google my3 from your phone and you`ll get control panel screen for balance and other stuff, i`d do a complete re-install of the rom but this dont use titanium to restore your apps, your new clockwork recovery is better for it (it will save all apps installed and rom altogether) adw launcher issue press and hold finger on desktop screen until you get the widget/shortcut menu, you`ll see "launcher actions" select that and then select "open/close app drawer" it will create a shortcut on desktop, select that and app drawer will appear again......ow yer H is just HSDPA

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

1.it works!!! but i did find a few faults,ADW force closes sometimes,can sort that out in settings, or download go.used titanium back up to restore some app s.but cant launch 3 favs but i can launch planet3??? phone 3 at the mo,but phone is unlocked.did reboot once or twice, gets hot! lol! what happened to the `3g` sign on top bar? it says `h` now? volume is loud but i just turn it down! (saw other posts)i like the lock screen! but ive lost bottom tool bar? home, browser etc.. any help with these? special thanks to racerboy,plegdroid and everyone else who helped with this! thanks!

it's been de 3rd that's why it now shows the H as the indicator, I have the same problem with the 3mobile apk, had to flash back to stock rape the system apps that I needed, re flash back to cm7& reinstall, there on market but it blanks out the download option, gave up on adw, I use go launcher, but left on incase of f/c loop so can have an escape ruit out of it. to get the dock back just swipe up or down the screen near menu and it comes back, it's ment to do that.

Guest Racerboy

to get the dock back just swipe up or down the screen near menu and it comes back, it's ment to do that.

its a pain in the ar*s sometimes hehe lol i did use the standard free adw app but changed it to adw ex 1.33 instead runs nice

Edited by Racerboy