[Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113

Guest TigTex

Guest sam tyler

sorry to ask,but how do i take the radio off this ROM,can i go through via manage applications(remove) on or do i go through recovery?.......yes,it does kick the battery in! laugh.gif

Guest Racerboy

sorry to ask,but how do i take the radio off this ROM,can i go through via manage applications(remove) on or do i go through recovery?.......yes,it does kick the battery in! laugh.gif

there are 2 ways to do this

1. you edit the rom on your comp with winrar (what i use) go in the system/app folder and right click on the FM.apk file and goto delete, wait for it to save modified winrar file (rom) then close winrar, now you can reflash the rom, if you ever need to reflash the rom in future the FM.apk will already have been removed so wont be installed.

or

2. you find a app for your phone like "absolute root tools" on market or where ever, install it, it has a nice feature that you can uninstall any app on phone unlike standard app remover that only uninstalls apps that you have installed after flashing a rom.

Guest Rahulj85

since this is a system app, you will need to remove it using a rooting software..look for root uninstaller or titanium backup in the market..

Guest TigTex

I'm still at the hospital, but my problem is almost solved, maybe this weekend i'll return to home and start making some new rom's for you :P

See you soon.

Guest Racerboy

I'm still at the hospital, but my problem is almost solved, maybe this weekend i'll return to home and start making some new rom's for you :P

See you soon.

nice to hear your on the mend........

Guest sam tyler

i used Titanium back up to remove the radio,but it did give me an warning that the ROM(this one) may go pop! its ok so far. cheers to racer boy and rahulj85 for the advice.and to tigtex get well soon,this is a great ROM!

Guest Sweety Jenny

thnxz tigtex for a good rom. ;) but ur mic update link not working ....thnxz a lot btw

Edited by Sweety Jenny

Guest freebee

For Brazilian Racer Users:

The ZTE Company will made a recall in all Racer Models sold by TIM operator. The problem is with camera.

The cam hardware is other model, with 2MP and not 3.2 like sold. More details:

http://www.plusgsm.c...r-zte-x850.html

PS: Now we know why occur problem just with ZTE Racer from TIM (Brazil) with the camera.

Edited by freebee

Guest sam tyler

today i tried to use the theme chooser on this ROM,i cant choose the first two as it says(as written)`sorry,this theme is missing assets for your device`s screen size` but i can choose the third one i select apply then it says switching to system but it then takes me to the face book log in page! any one else had this? i`ve also notice that in settings,in about phone,under cpu info,under mem info/total it says i have 31mb out of 162 is this normal? as in storage i have 216 mb out of 296 mb internal storage Available(i am using a 8gb memory sd card. but at least adw is working fine this week! i could always download a theme from adw, but i like to know its not something i`ve missed in how to use the themes. or maybe its just my phone!

`

Edited by sam tyler

Guest Racerboy

today i tried to use the theme chooser on this ROM,i cant choose the first two as it says(as written)`sorry,this theme is missing assets for your device`s screen size` but i can choose the third one i select apply then it says switching to system but it then takes me to the face book log in page! any one else had this? i`ve also notice that in settings,in about phone,under cpu info,under mem info/total it says i have 31mb out of 162 is this normal? as in storage i have 216 mb out of 296 mb internal storage Available(i am using a 8gb memory sd card. but at least adw is working fine this week! i could always download a theme from adw, but i like to know its not something i`ve missed in how to use the themes. or maybe its just my phone!

`

" i`ve also notice that in settings,in about phone,under cpu info,under mem info/total it says i have 31mb out of 162 is this normal?"

about normal

you could use a task killer to free up extra ram and improve your battery life too.......but probably best solution to all of the probs your facing in 2.3.4 would be to upgrade to 1 of the 4pda 2.3.5 roms #166

Edited by Racerboy

Guest sam tyler

went through the themes what i get on my phone, the status bar can turn blue/green,(signal level etc) and also some icons change colour as well. i don't get what you see in the screen shots(on phone) but the live wallpapers work,and with a little bit off going into the settings of a live wall paper,i can make it look near the same as screen shots.(and have the image of the little android in the same wall paper!) with the memory issue every time i`ve use a task killer they to just start up again. i just went through the apps i downloaded,and just got rind of the ones i don`t need.and i dumped juice defender as i know its crap,i just use cpu tuner now(as i can set it up better as on juice defender(free) you can`t set up f/all.) .and i use the power bar just turn off Bluetooth etc.when i get more confidant flashing ROM`s i will try the one you said to to try,but for now i will stick with this and just use the settings to get it right for me cheers.

Guest Racerboy

went through the themes what i get on my phone, the status bar can turn blue/green,(signal level etc) and also some icons change colour as well. i don't get what you see in the screen shots(on phone) but the live wallpapers work,and with a little bit off going into the settings of a live wall paper,i can make it look near the same as screen shots.(and have the image of the little android in the same wall paper!) with the memory issue every time i`ve use a task killer they to just start up again. i just went through the apps i downloaded,and just got rind of the ones i don`t need.and i dumped juice defender as i know its crap,i just use cpu tuner now(as i can set it up better as on juice defender(free) you can`t set up f/all.) .and i use the power bar just turn off Bluetooth etc.when i get more confidant flashing ROM`s i will try the one you said to to try,but for now i will stick with this and just use the settings to get it right for me cheers.

well the hard work of rooting and installing clockwork recovery is over, so installing a new rom is very easy for you now !!!

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Bionicmaster

How can I identify if my camera is different from the ZTE Racer 3.2 Camera? a friend and I have Movistar Link (Mexican ZTE Racer) and we updated to 113 and our Camera is not working... if it's this "ZTE error" I wanna know for a change of my phone, and if it's another problem, I wanna know for resolute.

Thanks in advance

Guest freebee

How can I identify if my camera is different from the ZTE Racer 3.2 Camera? a friend and I have Movistar Link (Mexican ZTE Racer) and we updated to 113 and our Camera is not working... if it's this "ZTE error" I wanna know for a change of my phone, and if it's another problem, I wanna know for resolute.

Thanks in advance

In the original rom (the default rom that comes with the cel) see if you have the "autofocus" menu in camera, like described in manual. If not, you have the different camera version.

Guest JasonLeeming

Is this a good stable ROM, good enough for everyday use? I'd like to put it on my girlfriends Racer you see, but she needs something with no major issues.

Thanks

Guest Racerboy

Is this a good stable ROM, good enough for everyday use? I'd like to put it on my girlfriends Racer you see, but she needs something with no major issues.

Thanks

this is a good rom abit outdated now and has not been updated for awhile, only real issue is the led light stays on sometimes when receiving text messages, FM radio add-on is not advisable as its very draining on the battery. The best 2.3.5 roms at the moment imo are the 4pda (#166) roms available on this forum

Edited by Racerboy

Guest JasonLeeming

this is a good rom abit outdated now and has not been updated for awhile, only real issue is the led light stays on sometimes when receiving text messages, FM radio add-on is not advisable as its very draining on the battery. The best 2.3.5 roms at the moment imo are the 4pda (#166) roms available on this forum

Thanks for your help. Even though you think this ROM is outdated, do you think it would be good for my girlfriend who wants it for everyday use. I don't mind flashing my Blade with unstable CyanogenMod ROMs, but my girlfriend just needs something that works for everyday use.

Guest Racerboy

Thanks for your help. Even though you think this ROM is outdated, do you think it would be good for my girlfriend who wants it for everyday use. I don't mind flashing my Blade with unstable CyanogenMod ROMs, but my girlfriend just needs something that works for everyday use.

there is nothing major wrong with this rom its good all rounder with good performance/stable, just other newer roms have better battery life/screen calibration and very stable too......so best way is to test them out to see

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Racerboy

One question,how can I root the phone? I did it once with the universal androot,but the program won't work on this rom (2.3.4)

ok, universal root was for 2.1 stock to get it rooted, you can install SuperUser which gives you root permissions from the market, but 2.3.4 v113 should be already have SuperUser installed as its a custom rom. check your apps menu for "superuser"

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Sweety Jenny

hi tigtex i m using ur rom Android 2.3.4 mooncake v113.but accidentally my sdcard foematted. so all backups n recovery s gone .therefore i downloaded most of all recoverys. but my phone can't go on recovery mode.help please :)

Guest gagan313

hi tigtex i m using ur rom Android 2.3.4 mooncake v113.but accidentally my sdcard foematted. so all backups n recovery s gone .therefore i downloaded most of all recoverys. but my phone can't go on recovery mode.help please :)

Hi, i think this would help. there is more than one way to install an recovery.

but ill have to upload a new file because i cant find it atm