[Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113

Guest TigTex

Guest Sweety Jenny

Hi, i think this would help. there is more than one way to install an recovery.

but ill have to upload a new file because i cant find it atm

thnxzz 4 taking interest. my topic

Guest Racerboy

hi tigtex i m using ur rom Android 2.3.4 mooncake v113.but accidentally my sdcard foematted. so all backups n recovery s gone .therefore i downloaded most of all recoverys. but my phone can't go on recovery mode.help please :)

option 1........assuming you can boot your phone and it works fine you can download Recovery Manager HERE unzip and copy the .apk file to the root of sdcard and install through file manager or similar, recovery manager will enable you to install a recovery method like ClockWork Recovery Mod (CWM) now download recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.0-mooncake-gen1.img HERE copy to root of sdcard, Now open Recovery Manager on your apps menu, allow superuser rights, press menu button select "Update Database". Now goto the recovery tab at the top and select "Install Recovery" should only give you "recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.0-mooncake-gen1.img" file to install, select it and it will install CWM, once done turn off phone, wait for afew seconds then press and hold vol- and press once the power button whilst still holding vol- ClockWork Recovery should appear

if you still cant get recovery installed, their are other options to get it sorted

Guest Sweety Jenny

option 1........assuming you can boot your phone and it works fine you can download Recovery Manager HERE unzip and copy the .apk file to the root of sdcard and install through file manager or similar, recovery manager will enable you to install a recovery method like ClockWork Recovery Mod (CWM) now download recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.0-mooncake-gen1.img HERE copy to root of sdcard, Now open Recovery Manager on your apps menu, allow superuser rights, press menu button select "Update Database". Now goto the recovery tab at the top and select "Install Recovery" should only give you "recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.0-mooncake-gen1.img" file to install, select it and it will install CWM, once done turn off phone, wait for afew seconds then press and hold vol- and press once the power button whilst still holding vol- ClockWork Recovery should appear

if you still cant get recovery installed, their are other options to get it sorted

thnxz racerboy but my recovery manager force close alltime what should i do and how can i root my phone I tried most of all root apps.thnxz

Guest plegdroid

thnxz racerboy but my recovery manager force close alltime what should i do and how can i root my phone I tried most of all root apps.thnxz

if you have a look back a few pages there is a link to a version of recovery manager that will work with 2.3.5 :)

Guest Sweety Jenny

lol I m using z4root v1.3.0 its loading only when i go back there it tell me ur phone rooted allready but its not rooted. i think may be recovery manager force close of that thing.

i use recovery manager v0.37b

Guest plegdroid

lol I m using z4root v1.3.0 its loading only when i go back there it tell me ur phone rooted allready but its not rooted. i think may be recovery manager force close of that thing.

hiya root with universal androot, that will soft root your phone, yes use the new version of recovery manager, to install recovery, the old one only working upto 2.2..@:)

Guest Racerboy

ok what stage are you at now? have you rooted phone? recovery manager v0.37b should work for 2.3.4/5 ROMS all old versions wont work, let us know and if you still have problems installing CWM i/we will suggest other options......

Guest Sweety Jenny

ok what stage are you at now? have you rooted phone? recovery manager v0.37b should work for 2.3.4/5 ROMS all old versions wont work, let us know and if you still have problems installing CWM i/we will suggest other options......

i have tried to root my phone via Gingerbreak 1.0 and z4root 1.3.0 but getting nothin first help me to root my phone

Guest plegdroid

i have tried to root my phone via Gingerbreak 1.0 and z4root 1.3.0 but getting nothin first help me to root my phone

if your phone is not rooted root with universal androot, this will definitely root your racer :)

Guest Sweety Jenny

if you've got tigtex rom already on your phone, it will already be rooted as root is hard in the rom, or am I missing something?

yep i m using tigtex's Android 2.3.4 mooncake nightly. 1.113 n havin root n recovery problems. .i m really helpless i waste 5 hours on Google got nothing. hope ya help me out

Edited by Sweety Jenny

Guest Racerboy

yep i m using tigtex's Android 2.3.4 mooncake nightly. 1.113 n havin root n recovery problems. .i m really helpless i waste 5 hours on Google got nothing. hope ya help me out

Try this HERE

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

how are you trying to get access to recovery? recovery must already be on your phone as that is the way that the tigtex rom would have originally been put on your phone, take it your turning it off, waiting a few seconds, volume down and pressing power on?

Guest Sweety Jenny

how are you trying to get access to recovery? recovery must already be on your phone as that is the way that the tigtex rom would have originally been put on your phone, take it your turning it off, waiting a few seconds, volume down and pressing power on?

plegdroid i m trying to do by take out battery insert again holding volume -key n power button and i wait for5 mins it gives me white screen only

:(

Guest plegdroid

plegdroid i m trying to do by take out battery insert again holding volume -key n power button and i wait for5 mins it gives me white screen only

morning, try this, if you can get to desktop and then market, try redownloading superuser, if you've been trying to root a phone that's already got root you may have messed up the su files, also download root check and verify root is valid still, let us know, we will try and help you, iam at work so please be patient if no reply comes straight away:)

Guest plegdroid

morning, try this, if you can get to desktop and then market, try redownloading superuser, if you've been trying to root a phone that's already got root you may have messed up the su files, also download root check and verify root is valid still, let us know, we will try and help you, iam at work so please be patient if no reply comes straight away:)

Guest Sweety Jenny

hi i used root checker n verify my root i have root access. will u give me any root app which can root my dell xcd 28(àndroid 2.3.4 mooncake v1.113)thnxz a lot n good morning see more below

Congratulations! You have root access!

Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 2.3.6.3 is installed!

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as root

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:

exec: ls: permission denied

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:

Alternate su binary location:

Alternate su type binary location:

Root user id:

uid=0(root)

Root group id:

gid=0(root)

Results provided on your ZTE Racer device by Root Checker version 3.7 from joeykrim in the Android Market - http://goo.gl/GgWae

Guest plegdroid

hi i used root checker n verify my root i have root access. will u give me any root app which can root my dell xcd 28(àndroid 2.3.4 mooncake v1.113)thnxz a lot n good morning see more below

Congratulations! You have root access!

Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 2.3.6.3 is installed!

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as root

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:

Alternate su binary location:

Alternate su type binary location:

Root user id:

uid=0(root)

Root group id:

gid=0(root)

Results provided on your ZTE Racer device by Root Checker version 3.7 from joeykrim in the Android Market - http://goo.gl/GgWae

you've got root!, did you try reinstalling superuser from market? you don't need to re root as you've already got root .what made you to try and root your already rooted phone? when racerboy updates the link, you may have to try the fastboot way to get a working version of cwm on your phone again. take it you've placed the recovery image to your phone sdcard and tried reinstall via the new version of recovery manager ?

Guest plegdroid

any news about tigtex's health condition? this long absence really gets me worried sad.gif. Let's hope he's fine

nothing since his last post, pretty serious condition, you're missed very much mate, please let us know you're ok? :(

Edited by plegdroid

I'm ok people... I was still at home recovering but now my health is almost perfect ^^

I had no idea that anyone on the internet could be worried about me... it's nice to know that, makes me feel happy and not alone :)

I hope that I don't need more medical interventions... I made one surgery when I had 18 years old and this one with 21...

But now, I'm back to work! Let's make some ROM's!

See you soon! (maybe this weekend :) )

Thank you all!!

Edited by TigTex

Guest plegdroid

I'm ok people... I was still at home recovering but now my health is almost perfect ^^

I had no idea that anyone on the internet could be worried about me... it's nice to know that, makes me feel happy and not alone :)

I hope that I don't need more medical interventions... I made one surgery when I had 18 years old and this one with 21...

But now, I'm back to work! Let's make some ROM's!

See you soon! (maybe this weekend :) )

Thank you all!!

just glad you're you're feeling alittle better :)