[Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113

Guest TigTex

Guest André Restivo

First of all I wanted to congratulate TigTex for the excellent work he has done with this ROM. My Racer feels better than ever before.

I've been using his ROM for a week and the only annoyance I've been experiencing is with the soft keys. The problem is that they don't feel very responsive. I used the pen to try to understand what was going on and it seems that the area assigned to each soft key is too short and shifted to the right. I added an image to this post to better exemplify what I'm talking about.

Anybody else having this problem and know how to fix it? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

post-597893-1308953779_thumb.jpg

Guest Th1ag0w
First of all I wanted to congratulate TigTex for the excellent work he has done with this ROM. My Racer feels better than ever before.

I've been using his ROM for a week and the only annoyance I've been experiencing is with the soft keys. The problem is that they don't feel very responsive. I used the pen to try to understand what was going on and it seems that the area assigned to each soft key is too short and shifted to the right. I added an image to this post to better exemplify what I'm talking about.

Anybody else having this problem and know how to fix it? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

post-597893-1308953779_thumb.jpg

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. But I do not have problem with the touch accuracy on the screen itself, like some guys here. It's just with the soft keys.

Hope TigTex can fix this :)

Guest André Restivo
I'm experiencing the exact same problem. But I do not have problem with the touch accuracy on the screen itself, like some guys here. It's just with the soft keys.

Hope TigTex can fix this :)

The screen accuracy issue is there too for me but not as annoying as the soft keys not working properly.

Edited by André Restivo

Guest andy787786

While typing I do feel touch screen calibration is required. Tried third party calibration apps. Din't helped.

Overall I am satisfied with this ROM. People who have used rexchun ROM must be able to see a difference.

Only thing thats bothering me is the built in Wifi HotSpot (Wifi Tethering). I am unable to connect my laptop.

Returns error "The network might not be available blah blah...."

But with Barnacle wifi tether app, I am able to connect within seconds.

What could be the problem? I have enabled WPA2...may be will try later w/o security enabled.

UPDATE: Resolved the wifi tethering issue. Just used manufacturer's wireless manager instead of Windows wireless mgr. Also updated WLAN drivers. Problem solved!

Edited by andy787786

Guest TigTex

Well, in case you haven't noticed, nightly 106 has a terrible battery drain. That drain is caused by FM Radio... So I need to remove the radio (or make it optional) because it wastes battery on blade and on racer.

And also cyanogenmod 7.1 is really near. I won't be posting any update today.

Let's hope cyanogenmod team solves the huge drain caused by the radio...

About calibration, I'll see what can I do for you.

Guest blazer666_uk

Anyone help me?

I have been using this rom for a week now and I have noticed a possible bug, Facebook and Twitter do not stay logged in, especially when I reboot the phone. Other apps stay logged in like ebay and gmail. Its really annoying as I have to type in my login details each time.

Any suggestions?

Guest equiliym
Anyone help me?

I have been using this rom for a week now and I have noticed a possible bug, Facebook and Twitter do not stay logged in, especially when I reboot the phone. Other apps stay logged in like ebay and gmail. Its really annoying as I have to type in my login details each time.

Any suggestions?

i noticed that since installing twitter app my phone started sending messages on its own to random people and stopped showing me new mails messages etc, any new notifications so i had to factory reset >.> stupid app lol

i also have a question, will usb tethering have anything to do with kernel or is it just android related? since i use your rom with different kernel so i`d like to know this, thanks :)

Edited by equiliym

Guest rremedio
Well, in case you haven't noticed, nightly 106 has a terrible battery drain. That drain is caused by FM Radio... So I need to remove the radio (or make it optional) because it wastes battery on blade and on racer.

This affects those who never use the radio?

Guest pintas
This affects those who never use the radio?

I think it does.

I think this Rom is very good, but i'm currently using the latest from Rexchun because of the screen calibration, wich i think is pretty good, i'm not sure about the battery drain, but it looks better also.

Maybe TigTex can check out the latest Rom from Rexchun and see if he can work out the battery drain issue and the screen calibration.

Guest andy787786

I see you have uploaded the new ROM w/o FM on first post. I'll try it in next 2-3 hrs from now. Hope it will resolve the battery issue. Tnku!

Edited by andy787786

Guest TigTex

I've been busy lately, sorry.

But still I have done some changes here and there

NEW VERSION IS OUT

Mooncake v1.113

Check the 1st post for install and complete changelog

What I tried to do on this version was to fix the heavy battery drain. I have some experimental fixes. I hope that my phone can last once again 5-6 days like the screenshot.

Also, we now have usb tethering, you may use your racer's just like if it was a usb 3g modem, it's faster than wifi tethering and it charges up your battery.

I included the same kernel as 1.106, i had no time to fix the calibration yet. I'm busy trying to port racer to cyanogenmod sources (build rom from source- current rom's are binary based).

FM radio is optional, if you install it, your battery wont last more than 1 day! But if you can't live without it, just install using clockworkmod recovery

Edited by TigTex

I've been busy lately, sorry.

But still I have done some changes here and there

NEW VERSION IS OUT

Mooncake v1.113

Check the 1st post for install and complete changelog

thank you very much for your hard work, the room is plenty stable!

but, may i ask you something, how i set the VirtualKeys vibrate when pressed (home/menu/back) to NOT vibrate anymore? i tried on the cyanogemod and on the ADW and i still cant make it stop vibrating when pressed, i just can make it stop on the main screen.

another time, thank you for your work.

Guest TigTex
thank you very much for your hard work, the room is plenty stable!

but, may i ask you something, how i set the VirtualKeys vibrate when pressed (home/menu/back) to NOT vibrate anymore? i tried on the cyanogemod and on the ADW and i still cant make it stop vibrating when pressed, i just can make it stop on the main screen.

another time, thank you for your work.

Currently you can't disable the vibrate response from the softkeys with my rom. I still haven't found what I need to do to make that possible

Sorry.

rexchun knows the solution but he disapeared from modaco foruns without posting any source code...

by the way, my battery is still at 100%, looks like the battery drain is fixed on this 1.113 (unless you install the fmradio-addon, that will make the battery drain faster)

Currently you can't disable the vibrate response from the softkeys with my rom. I still haven't found what I need to do to make that possible

Sorry.

rexchun knows the solution but he disapeared from modaco foruns without posting any source code...

by the way, my battery is still at 100%, looks like the battery drain is fixed on this 1.113 (unless you install the fmradio-addon, that will make the battery drain faster)

well, thank you for your answer,

and yes, the battery is still on 100% for me too. the battery drain is fixed finaly he he ( who needs radio:? lol )

thank you, man!

Guest dakill

i am sticking with the stock rom until the camera issue gets sorted out (i've got one of the infamous TIM X850-U phones).

but my battery is lasting less than a day, I wonder if FM radio is the issue, do you know if this fm radio draining battery also affects stock roms?

because honestly, its almost one month with the phone and i havent listened to radio one. single. time. so uninstalling the app wouldn't make a difference to me.

and so envy of you, this rom looks AWESOME but i cant use it yet because the camera for me is a must :)

Guest TigTex
How do I activate the swap?

Tanks

For now, you can't. I need to make a new kernel. Maybe next version on sunday...

Or you can download rexchun's rom and use his boot.img instead of mine, he has swap on his kernel.

last charge was yesterday, after i install the Mooncake V1.113, and till now it is up to 76%, i used the wifi for 15 mins and played on the GBC/A emulator for 2h, i'm pretty happy with the battery save that this ROM makes possible.

pretty stable till now.

Guest anil_go
For now, you can't. I need to make a new kernel. Maybe next version on sunday...

Or you can download rexchun's rom and use his boot.img instead of mine, he has swap on his kernel.

DOwnloading now..

i think it will definatly solve the battery issue.

Edited by anil_go

Guest Android77

I tested the rom rexchum, and I can tell you that your work and a lot more polished than his. The battery is lasting about two days, but I do not really use the phone.

With two settings in your rom would be almost perfect.

1. Calibration of the screen.

* I realized that the problem only occurs at the bottom of the screen, the rest is her little skewed.

2. Swap (Decidedly important because our phone does not have much memory.)

Thank you for good job!

Edited by Android77

Hi,

I love your work....

you have kept fm as an add on... can you also provide 3D gallery in the same way....

With calibration this will be perfect & more stable rom there ever was....

Thank you.... :)

Guest darkmad

Tigtex? thank you for your hard work. All works fine. And now i have one question. In CM, there is an option to assign Prev/Next track change to volume keys while the phone is in standby w/ screen off. I'd like to have an option to assign play/pause to long pressCALL or ENDCALL button in standby. Is it possible or i must post this feature request to cyanogen developers site?

rom fully tested now, and i didn't charged my phone since the last post, so 3 days without charging the phone, and it still with 25%, with heavy useage of wifi and gps, also musics and games...

the problem with the battery is fully fixed i think.

maybe you can work in a swap implement on your roms and remove the annoying softkeys vibration. calibration is not that necessary sence the screen is more friendly than ever with the V1.113

must admit you have done a GREAT job on that rom tigtax, every rom you release is better than the previous one.