[ROM] [18-06] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.7 Froyo! - ON THE ROAD TO REVOLUTION

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest jimakos29
I must say, this is a very fast and stable rom.... read about it nut nevver installed yet until sunday!

however i hate the miui(iphone) look so i dont think i'm gonna keep it on the phone for long

So Trip, keep on doing this fine work !!!

just install another launcher and there you have it... iphone look gone man. try arc or zeam or adw , all of them working fine

Guest jimakos29
The only problem Ive found with MIUI, is no app drawer means alot of drag and drop to get things where you want them, really sucks with an otter box case because your finger wont go far enough to drag over. I use go launcher with miui and its nice to have the best of both worlds, Stick with it you will love it.

look post above :D

Guest UltimateGeppie
settings menu>wifi?advanced options>wifi sleep policy turn to never.

there you have it fast and simple :D

Doesn't work for me.

I also find that when i'm leaving my phone during the night, the next morning Wifi connection is gone.

Guest theddy
this must be a joke... my battery drops between 50-60% in 6 hours and I almost don't use it....

Sounds like a Deep Sleep issue, install CPU Spy :D

Guest jingjonas

been reading alot about deep sleep. what exactly is deep sleep and how does it affect our phones?

Edited by jingjonas

Guest theddy
Barcode Scanner is not working....did any one faced the problem.....

Thats a known problem, just like the LED Flash + Bluetooth + Autofocus + Battery drain (Deep Sleep).

I don't know, why Trip didn't list them in the 1st post.

been reading alot about deep sleep. what exactly is deep sleep and how does it affect our phones?

If the CPU has little to no work he goes into Deep Sleep, to save battery, but it doesn't always do that.

Install CPU Spy, and see if you have the bug.

The Bug can be *temporarly* fixed e.g. by rebooting after charging.

Edited by theddy

Guest Bosse11

Thank you for a very nice rom Trip.

I have a problem though: when connecting headset (SE mw600) via BT my phone reboots every time. I know this issue has been adressed before but not for the latest release: 1.5.5. A fix in the future would be highly appriciated :D

(v1.5.5, BB67)

Guest Ankit tulsian

My phone deepsleep % was 96% and i lost 8% in 8 hours.Is it good or bad?

Syn was on,2g

Edited by Ankit tulsian

Guest Mortyx10

this deep sleep bug only existed in J's cm7 which is now fixed....I have 90% deep sleep on this rom...

and btw led flash and autofocus is only working on 2.1 roms so if they are important to you feel free to switch bach to 2.1...I think everyone knows these problems so no need to mention them in the OP

Edited by Mortyx10

Guest ngocbeo90

kept testing this rom :D and found no new bugs.

sorry for the off topic question, but can someone please shows me Gallery 3D apps working normaly on this rom :D

Edited by ngocbeo90

Guest kevace1

Im guessing bb61 and this ROM are not good friends :D on to bb67 then........lets see how it goes today with bb67, will report tonight.............

Guest Joefloater

Anyone know for sure if the proximity sensor works? I had more hangups today than I care to acknowledge. Call screen ends up calling other people, putting others on hold and then hanging up on others. BB 61 really doesnt work well for my area. I am going back to 1.2.0 and BB 52. I hope a universal BB can be created!

Seems like there is either a problem in the proximity sensor or a setting that I am missing, when you make a call and place your finger over the sensor the screen shuts off but then comes back on after a few seconds. This happens 100% of the time, this is driving my wife nuts as she is making all kinds of other calls and such because the screen keeps coming back on. There is a setting under call settings...Proximity Sensor-I/O-sensor auto switch screen on and off based on call connection. This does nothing.

Btw wife is on 1.4.0 w/ BB 49 and I am on 1.5.5 w/ BB 67. I have installed every version of this excellent rom as Trip has released them and this has occurred on every one.

Guest Siddiqui

Great job trip, everything is working except my BT, it keeps disconnecting for media sound and then I have to make pair again.

Any solution?

I have already reset my mw600.

I am at BB67 with trips 1.55

Guest Dinana
Great job trip, everything is working except my BT, it keeps disconnecting for media sound and then I have to make pair again.

Any solution?

I have already reset my mw600.

I am at BB67 with trips 1.55

Off topic but, how did u "reset" your MW600?

Guest SourceCode

Looks like bb .67 and this ROM (1.5.5) are made for each other! :D

Very impressive battery life, and a very stable ROM (as always) by Trip!

Well done.

Guest donnytuco
Anyone know for sure if the proximity sensor works? I had more hangups today than I care to acknowledge. Call screen ends up calling other people, putting others on hold and then hanging up on others. BB 61 really doesnt work well for my area. I am going back to 1.2.0 and BB 52. I hope a universal BB can be created!

Seems like there is either a problem in the proximity sensor or a setting that I am missing, when you make a call and place your finger over the sensor the screen shuts off but then comes back on after a few seconds. This happens 100% of the time, this is driving my wife nuts as she is making all kinds of other calls and such because the screen keeps coming back on. There is a setting under call settings...Proximity Sensor-I/O-sensor auto switch screen on and off based on call connection. This does nothing.

Btw wife is on 1.4.0 w/ BB 49 and I am on 1.5.5 w/ BB 67. I have installed every version of this excellent rom as Trip has released them and this has occurred on every one.

+1

There's a problem with the sensor now, and it was fine in previous 1.0.8 and 1.0.9 versions

Guest Siddiqui
Off topic but, how did u "reset" your MW600?

Powe off mw600

Power on and hold until it indicates for pairing

Now press power and talk button together until display goes off

thats it

Guest k3Ni

1.5.5 fast as hell, no lag at all (on .67)

I have issues with MW600 too - the phone freeze after connect, only battery reinsert help to restart.

Still waiting for a supported kernel - on the older releases when installed TripNKernel Addon 03 the fps was INCREDIBLE, but the battery life - maybe because the deep slepp issue?

Btw No1 ROM

Need a thanks button MoDaCo!

Guest DTrix

Had my first spontaneous reboot. I had it sitting next to me while working on my PC and it just happened. I have Wifi on and never disconnect while syncing only my Gmail. I have Lookout running as well but it was not scanning as I set it up to do it at midnight only and it is 11:30am when it happened.

I'm running BB54 with 1.5.5.

Guest HasHPIT

Using 1.5.5 and bb .54

Only thing I miss is VPN.

Works fine on stock se, but have yet to see it in a custom rom. Seen reports regarding permission changes fixing it for other roms, but so far the same permission changes have done nothing for me.

I know nothing about the specifics of making VPN work in this rom, but if it can work in other 2.2 roms simply by changing some permissions, I assume it shouldnt be hard to make it work for this great rom.

Thats really the only thing that keeps me going back to stock occasionally. Hope to see this change soon.

Guest TripNRaVeR
Thats a known problem, just like the LED Flash + Bluetooth + Autofocus + Battery drain (Deep Sleep).

I don't know, why Trip didn't list them in the 1st post.

If the CPU has little to no work he goes into Deep Sleep, to save battery, but it doesn't always do that.

Install CPU Spy, and see if you have the bug.

The Bug can be *temporarly* fixed e.g. by rebooting after charging.

Battery drain is no issue! Not att al. Led flash is working with vignette no issue

Guest niqjones
if u can start from SEUS will be even better :D

After about 15 hours I have used 28%...So it is a lot better but the only thing that scares me is I was sleeping for most of that. When I went to bed it was at 91% woke up at 88%..Havent used the phone much and its at 72%...hmmm

Battery drain is no issue! Not att al. Led flash is working with vignette no issue

trip watch ur tone :D

thats what went wrong on xda

but i can confirm that led flash is not working on vignette

i have tryed 3 versions of vignette

mayby u can send me the right one ? and prove me wrong ?

stil 3 bugs that annoys me

1 no flash @ cam ( vignette or stock )

2 timeout of screen is f*cked when calling ( when u have a time out of screen say at 30sec) and u make a call the sensor will dimm the light but if your call is longer than 30 sec it wil time out the screen and sensor will not turn on screen again so u have to press powerbutton 1 time .

3 still no vibrate at stock sms app :D when on vibrant/silent

greetz nossie

Edited by Guest