[ROM] [18-06] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.7 Froyo! - ON THE ROAD TO REVOLUTION

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest laill
Well its kinda hard for me to look at xda :D Can you post the link to file here? Otherwise I cant do anything :D

Here you are trip

To encourage developers and users to switch to the new xRecovery, I prepared a package that allows dual-booting between custom ROM and stock firmware. This is just a proof of concept, I am not going to develop it further nor support it as usual project release. Instead, I hope that developers will find many useful things inside to use in their own pojects

It also may be useful for people using 2.3 ROMs without camera/camcorder.

Tested with: FreeX10 beta4, Woflbreak's CM, AOSP 2.3

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

- it works from NAND rather than SD Card - should not suffer fom performance issues

- it will work with any custom 2.2/2.3 ROM of reasonable size

- it WON'T work with custom 2.1 ROMs - not enough storage space

- it uses 200MB of your /system and 256MB of your /data partition - make sure you've got enough free space

- it requires xRecovery 1.0.0 (the old one doesn't allow custom boot)

- it cannot be accessed via recovery, but it's possible to mod it to do so (devs/adv.users)

- it works with baseband 49/52!

- if you back up your system with nandroid backup, the 2.1 ROM will be included in this backup

Install:

Flash the dualboot 2.0.A.0.504.zip via xRecovery 1.0.0.

Uninstall:

Remove the following folders using Root Explorer:

Code:

/data/dualboot

/system/dualboot

Boot into stock 2.1 firmware:

Boot into xRecovery, select "Boot custom ROM/kernel"

Download:

dualboot 2.0.A.0.504.zip

Cheers,

z

Guest laill
Thanks now we can have maybe 3 TripNRoms on your for threeway booting :D 3 of my Iris roms only require approx 150-170 megs :D

Yes,I am thinking about this too.

However,the data partition is located at /data/dualboot,which is using the internal storage.

The X10 internal storage is just too small,and the data.ext2 included are set to be 256mb. :(

I am thinking if you can make a smaller data.ext2 like 16/64/128mb so that we can easily test new roms :o

Also,I think we need to move to xRecovery 1.0 , 1.0 cause dozens of problem on 1.5.5

cheers,

L

Guest TripNRaVeR
Yes,I am thinking about this too.

However,the data partition is located at /data/dualboot,which is using the internal storage.

The X10 internal storage is just too small,and the data.ext2 included are set to be 256mb. :o

I am thinking if you can make a smaller data.ext2 like 16/64/128mb so that we can easily test new roms :D

Also,I think we need to move to xRecovery 1.0 , 1.0 cause dozens of problem on 1.5.5

cheers,

L

Yes i know, but i dont have a clue right now how to fix update scripts, i allready did one, but the results was HORRIFIC :D

It said succesfully flashed rom, but the only thing that was done was a complete format of system data cache LOL@Trip

Guest cjsabaki
Thanks now we can have maybe 3 TripNRoms on your for threeway booting :D 3 of my Iris roms only require approx 150-170 megs :D

LOL@jpminou :o

ps. CM6 is updated!

Now that would be excellent...... Froyo Miui for the camera, GB IRIS for the rest!!!!! AAAAHHH!! LIFE IS GOOD!!!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY....He who angers you, controls you........

Damn!! Could have ARC, Froyo, GB and switch between them......TOOO COOOL!!!

Guest laill
Yes i know, but i dont have a clue right now how to fix update scripts, i allready did one, but the results was HORRIFIC :D

It said succesfully flashed rom, but the only thing that was done was a complete format of system data cache LOL@Trip

I think this can help

Someone post a script converter,may it is useful?

update-script to edify script converter

aSC.jpg

cheers,

L

Guest Alshara

Hi Trip,

A long time user of TripMIUI and currently on 1.5.5. Faced only one minor bug till now (reported in the bug thread).

Followed you from XDA, waiting eagerly for IRIS GB :D and the reason to change my bb to .65...

g

Guest PlayGunsta
Things get updated in quite some fast time. Working on CM7 now, preparing it for a release today. Gingerbread Iris needs to be encoded for the thiefs. Received several pm's from people notifing me on the rip-off on xda. Sorry to all guys who have no faulty meanings with my roms. If they want it this way then this way it is.

CM7 :D WOW!!!!!!!! :D

Guest TripNRaVeR
CM7 :D WOW!!!!!!!! :o

Yes i restarted my CM7 project from a long time ago :D Februari this year i ended it. Now its reborn. LOL

Guest highaltitude

forgot to mention that I cannot import contacts from SD card with 1.5.5 with BB.65 Any hope for getting a fix with SMS? Otherwise I need to jump back to one of your other releases

Guest jpminou
Yes i restarted my CM7 project from a long time ago :D Februari this year i ended it. Now its reborn. LOL

How to cool down jealous peoples now? :D

The sms bug is from bb65 cause i tried it on different roms and same result(cannot send sms).

Edited by jpminou

Guest pedrocel85

Trip,

No fix for framework yet?

We all want keyboard lights on your rom.

How to cool down jealous peoples now? :D

The sms bug is from bb65 cause i tried it on different roms and same result(cannot send sms).

Its related to language u use.

U can send sms flawlesly with english lang entabled.

The workaround is to use another sms app, like go sms pro

Guest jpminou
Trip,

Even better do not reply questions not for You :D

Guest aasch

:D Definitely another awesome update (1.5.5), so far everything works great! The true test is if this baseband will allow my phone and media to stay connected to my Jabra Cruiser2 (.49 worked well in that aspect). I will test this later.

Keep up the good work - I've forgotten all about the MoDaCo!

Guest scattaman
copy the miui camera to system/app folder and set permissions

install it and it will usually fail but reboot and it will be installed

hope this helps

barry

Unfortunately this did not work... Any ideas why MIUI camera would not install?

Guest Araya84
Trip,

U can send sms flawlesly with english lang entabled.

The workaround is to use another sms app, like go sms pro

confirm problem with sms: the italian language gives force close on message app. this problem wasn't in other releases, now is back (sadly)

other thing: does anybody noticed with bb 67 a decreasing in battery lasting compared to 1.5.0?

Guest awarner

First all previous non topic posts have been removed.

Second

Guys chill out please, having someone join today just to post and troll is not what we want here but at the same time don't feed trolls and also don't badmouth other sites (if you have been) why can't the Android community as a whole just get along? I've never known sites, and not just this one, get so worked up that it's almost like a war breaking out.

Anyone and I mean anyone found causing trouble may have their account suspended without warning, and that includes new and (so called) old members, I am tired of this stupid fighting there is no need for it.

Live in peace be happy and civil to others and then you have a real community spirit.

Guest awarner

Don't badword others and other sites.

If you find copied ROMs without the original author being credited let us know with proof.

Guest jpminou
This is the final warning - please stay on topic or it WILL be locked.

P

Thanks Paul

can u please make an application for modaco forum

Edited by jpminou