[ROM] [18-06] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.7 Froyo! - ON THE ROAD TO REVOLUTION

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest navi16

hope things work out for trip...

a question.. anyone know how to use link2sd in this rom... it's a really good application, i think it's better than app2sd, but i can't get it to work... I'll appreciate any good advice...

Guest bluzes
I must say, its good to see the supportive reactions in this thread thanks for that. Because of all what is happening here on personal view there was now way getting into sleep. I'm really not in the mood for anything right now but I was getting bored which was setting me in to think mode whole time, what was not helpfull at all was just feeling even more crap. So i decided to give CM7 one more try, and i even managed to solve some bugs which means that you get CM7 after with working wifi and bluetooth. Camera has all HD options on it, you can choose them but the screen gets green like the old froyo roms. Maybe it works with 3rd party apps but i dont know and dont feel like i want to test it. Its up to you.

Its almost an complete working CM7 only photocamera stock app is not working rest should be fine. No lags all sensors working etc. I'm preparing the release but dont expect some serious support on the rom for now. The rom is for baseband 67 and hope you still like it even tough its not an usual release. Its Gingerbread 2.3.2 i did not update it to latest version now for the reason that i wanted to fix bugs first and the reason i mentioned before. Guess that it will be 2.3.4 after some time.

@Trip,

no rush man..you know you have the supports here that will be ready and willing to test any ROM no matter when you release them.. Thanks for all the good ROMs been using the 1.5.5 as my daily.

Guest glim9981

Hi, TripN..just take your time..We all will be here..we will not leave you alone...

Your version 1.5.5 is enough for me as daily rom..already get used with ur MIUI..Hehe..

On BB67, everything seem fine..

Take a good rest..

Guest iggy2
I must say, its good to see the supportive reactions in this thread thanks for that. Because of all what is happening here on personal view there was now way getting into sleep. I'm really not in the mood for anything right now but I was getting bored which was setting me in to think mode whole time, what was not helpfull at all was just feeling even more crap. So i decided to give CM7 one more try, and i even managed to solve some bugs which means that you get CM7 after with working wifi and bluetooth. Camera has all HD options on it, you can choose them but the screen gets green like the old froyo roms. Maybe it works with 3rd party apps but i dont know and dont feel like i want to test it. Its up to you.

Its almost an complete working CM7 only photocamera stock app is not working rest should be fine. No lags all sensors working etc. I'm preparing the release but dont expect some serious support on the rom for now. The rom is for baseband 67 and hope you still like it even tough its not an usual release. Its Gingerbread 2.3.2 i did not update it to latest version now for the reason that i wanted to fix bugs first and the reason i mentioned before. Guess that it will be 2.3.4 after some time.

Dude, the support will not falter even if you decide not to do any more ROMs, we all got lives to live, I know this is fun for you but their is only so much time you can take away from the rest of your personal life.

Has it is, 1.5.5 is more than stable enough for me for now and if you get a chance to make it or GB Iris better great but certainly not worth dismissing a relationship for (especially since you obviously cared enough about her to name the ROM version after her).

Basically, enjoy life first, enjoy making ROMs when your relationship is stable.

Guest wali01x

hey trip hope things get better. take sometime off & relax and just enjoy the weather & everything fine in life. it doesn't go the way we expect it. after doing 2 jobs with no time for life i got ill and then i got diagnosed with spinal stenosis and from being a macho man now im somewhat disabled also i might have to have surgery for my back and maybe my leg and life's tuff budy but take things strongly be a fighter and make your life a breeze thats all. we love ya man & i know before marriage i had ups & downs with gf also but i never let it bother me just gave it time & it resolved now im happy married with 1 2/1.2 yr old daughter so u see. your work is the best. my wife loves your rom/work and so do i and we use them and i thank you for all you do and will be doing. enjoy buddy

ali

Edited by wali01x

Guest Aakib

em loving 1.5.5 on bb 67 but the problems em facing are:

battery drainage...: it was awesome in 1.0.6 no issues of batteries whatsoever...

bluetooth headset...: whenever em connected my x10i to HBH-DS970 it restarts...

sms problems...: em recieving msgs sent to me after bloody 8-10 hours delay... [i've tried both bb 61 & 67] same prob...

any help will be highly appreciated.

cheers

Guest Atanu89

Trip you gotta do what matters man and thats your personal life.

You've done plenty for us and we will continue to follow or support you no matter what your decision is soon after, you should take a break once in a while!

I mean we have like 4 stable roms from you!

I wish you the best of luck in your personal life, and once again thank you for everything you have done for our decices.

Your a very generous man, and I bet she will see :D

Regards

Atanu

Guest -=SrgiO=-

Nice to read you.

I 'll test this CM7 at this RELAX time :D

Greetings!

Edited by -=SrgiO=-

Guest vatis

Greetings,

I am running this ron with baseband .67 and oh my! The battery improved a lot , i can easily now use the phone for 48 hours after charge with some heavy call usuage , sms , wifi on and browser.

To be honest i dont play any games but the call usage its huge and the wifi for emails , checking webiste its also heavy.

THis ROM at my opinion is the best rom available for now . The screen wuality and touch its amazing , feels liek a new phone.

Trip really thank you for that ROM.

I did not notice any major bugs eerything working like a charm.

You done my life easier and more flexible for my work.

Cheers

Vatis

Guest SirJohnFalstaff
Hello -

Have you noticed any improvements with this new kernel?

Thanks.

I have not used it long enough (CyanogenMod 6.1.3 Froyo! v1.3 camera did not work in HD so back to TripNRaver 1.02 for me) to have a good conclusion but it does seem faster.

Guest Madhupv

Hi trip,

Thanks for the great ROM.... I am using your ROM for last 3 to 4 months and I am very happy with it. Although I have not used your latest ROM, I am very happy with 1.08, as far as I am concerned that is the best ROM. I get a great battery life with this Rom. I just want to tell this as I didn't had a account at XDA. Thanks again and best of luck with your life....

Guest Malkot

I am currently on bb.54 with Iris 1.5.5. Everything is working fine except fast battery drainage. With moderate usage it lost for 16-20 hours. I have gone thru the post and realized that bb .67 battery results are much better. I want to shift to bb .67 but never did that before so no idea how to do that. Currently my phone is rooted, xrecovery and busy box installed. I read few posts regarding changing bb but could not catch the idea. Is someone in this forum kind enough to give me step by step guide to go thru. Please note that I am newbi and never used flash tool before so keep this in mind before giving me guidelines or refer me to the link where it is clearly explained. One more thing, If I could do that, do I need to install xrecovery, busy box again and root my phone. I would realy be thankfull.

Guest getjayu

I am having issues with display brightness,

once brightness change with toggle switch from pull down menu, then brightness wont change with slider bar in display settings.....

Guest theddy
I am currently on bb.54 with Iris 1.5.5. Everything is working fine except fast battery drainage. With moderate usage it lost for 16-20 hours. I have gone thru the post and realized that bb .67 battery results are much better. I want to shift to bb .67 but never did that before so no idea how to do that. Currently my phone is rooted, xrecovery and busy box installed. I read few posts regarding changing bb but could not catch the idea. Is someone in this forum kind enough to give me step by step guide to go thru. Please note that I am newbi and never used flash tool before so keep this in mind before giving me guidelines or refer me to the link where it is clearly explained. One more thing, If I could do that, do I need to install xrecovery, busy box again and root my phone. I would realy be thankfull.

Look here (1st result)

Guest bluzes

@Trip

I'm running 1.5.5

BB .65

how do you turn off the vibrate notify when in call? what I mean is when in a call an lets say I have an another call coming in or I receive a text message the phone vibrates and the screen becomes active.

Edited by bluzes

Guest sckarch

I don't have to say that your'e very good on what you 'cause I think you already know that, but I will tell you that I really like your work. Thank you.

Guest Zabihjan
First all previous non topic posts have been removed.

Second

Guys chill out please, having someone join today just to post and troll is not what we want here but at the same time don't feed trolls and also don't badmouth other sites (if you have been) why can't the Android community as a whole just get along? I've never known sites, and not just this one, get so worked up that it's almost like a war breaking out.

Anyone and I mean anyone found causing trouble may have their account suspended without warning, and that includes new and (so called) old members, I am tired of this stupid fighting there is no need for it.

Live in peace be happy and civil to others and then you have a real community spirit.

i dont know why ppl do this, but to be honest most developers just dont like TRIP because Trip is an excellent and very dedicated developers. they call us users of trip roms as fanboys. i am not a fan boy. i just like what trip does and i respect him for it.

PEACE....

Guest lansingone

does anyone know of a workaround to get Trips BB to flash through Xrecovery? i have a little known problem where the X10 USB port committed suicide, therefor i cant flash anything through Flashtool.

Guest jpminou
does anyone know of a workaround to get Trips BB to flash through Xrecovery? i have a little known problem where the X10 USB port committed suicide, therefor i cant flash anything through Flashtool.

Sorry u can only flash bb with flash tools.

Edited by jpminou

Guest Vloek
Does this ROM work with bb49/52?

Yes but as said over and over, you get the best results with .61 or .67

Edited by Vloek

Guest DTrix

This site really needs to incorporate a Thank You button.

Going back on topic, I can also confirm that BB65 breaks sms for me as well.

Guest vinfred
I am having issues with display brightness,

once brightness change with toggle switch from pull down menu, then brightness wont change with slider bar in display settings.....

I think you must have forgot to toggle off the auto brightness before you slide the bar. You need to do that in order to adjust the brightness level you want then toggle the auto brightness back on. Good luck.