[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest psoares

Hi Trip,

Thanks again for this GREAT rom !!!

Just one question :

Where can i find CIFS.KO for 2.3.4/2.3.5 ? (don´t know if SE already published kernel sources for 2.3.3)

Cheers

Edited by psoares

Guest t0anh0

1.5.2....... tooo fast Trip!!!! 1.5.1 kicks butt!!!!!

Awesome.... your on a roll!!!

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

1.5.1 is so great so far, no FC and most of functions working. :)

Guest hoangvancaobhxh

Version 1.5.2 almost ready

- performance upgrade only

containing the following

- Quadrant score increase with +200 / +300

- Performance for games increased

- FPS stabilizer

- Scrolling/movement inside improved

- DVM tuned/optimised for 48M heap size

- Basic parts of TripNEngine ported (~10%)

- Audio recording editted

Sorry TripN, I can't edit build prop, i use root explorer but then edit everything nothing change. I want edit model phone, because i want play greenfarm, asphalt6 and chaos and order.

Guest jpminou

First impression 1.5.1

Faster than my finger click :D

-Quadrant 1633

-sound is louder

-app2sd ok

-screen quality very sharp

-all is working

-wifi with static ip ok

will test more but this rom is going on the road to Final

THANKS YOU BIG BOSS TRIP

edit: @ TRIP what did u eat today? :D 1.5.2 ????????????? that is too much :D :D :D

Edited by jpminou

Guest Eisel

containing the following

- FPS stabilizer

great news!!!

switching roms daily testing diffrent roms and there behaivior since SE GB update xD

only thing im missing here for me is the wifi without workaround, keep it up, mashine!! =)

Guest Cyberman_NI

containing the following

- FPS stabilizer

Flip'n 'ell trip you turn out more roms in a weekend than most forums in a week.

There is only one x10 rom dev, TripNRaVeR B)

Guest BuglyAstard

1.5.1 bb71

Ive never set up a static ip before but was easy, I just put 192.168.1.1 in both dns is that correct? I mean it works but is there better way?

The app meantioned some pages back "overlook fing" is cool, you can back up your settings to sd card and Im not sure but seems it would make saving multiple locations easy.

This rom is fast and smooth, I used the auto killer set at optimum, recording in call works!! and the camera/ camcorder is nice, great playback. In quadrant it seems the fps doesnt go over 36, where as in 1.2.4 it would hit 49.

Guest Cyberman_NI

1.5.1 bb71

Ive never set up a static ip before but was easy, I just put 192.168.1.1 in both dns is that correct? I mean it works but is there better way?

The app meantioned some pages back "overlook fing" is cool, you can back up your settings to sd card and Im not sure but seems it would make saving multiple locations easy.

This rom is fast and smooth, I used the auto killer set at optimum, recording in call works!! and the camera/ camcorder is nice, great playback. In quadrant it seems the fps doesnt go over 36, where as in 1.2.4 it would hit 49.

It works that way but you could use any DNS Servers. Google it use Name Bench or a good default is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

There is a speed gain to be had if you use Name Bench (by Google)

IP Manager from the Market is a free app for setting up different IP ranges to suit different networks. Although the way trip turns out rom's cant see we'll need it for too much longer :P

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest GeGeGwAdA

I'm flashing Trips roms since XDA and i never get a bug aside to the one listed but for once i have a bug that nobody seems to experience.

I have no network at all. Wifi and other things seems to work but after putting my pin code the network icon stayed with an "x" meaning no network.

I tried to switch to flight mode then switch it off, i flashed a .71 bb then came back to trips 0.3 baseband and kernel. I reinstalled the rom twice with the OP method.

What shall i do ? try other basebands like .61 or .65 ?

If anybody could help me i would be very pleased.

Aside to that the rom seems to be perfect.

Nicely done Trip, thanks for your hard work.

Edited by GeGeGwAdA

Guest Dalkbur

Awesome, your 1.5.1 is really smooth, stable and fast. I'm not having the same "slow as death" moments, and I didn't installed autokiller memory optimizer. Nice work, really nice. I think I don't want to go back to stock anymore hehehe.

Could your 1.5.2 be an update? Minor updates should be that, updates, and major versions or a lot of core modification shoud be full rom. I think 80% of your updates could be flashable zips without data wipe.

If I'm wrong correct me, but full wipe and roms everyday can't let the phone settle down, but updates could do the work ;)

containing the following

- FPS stabilizer

Guest Cyberman_NI

I'm flashing Trips roms since XDA and i never get a bug aside to the one listed but for once i have a bug that nobody seems to experience.

I have no network at all. Wifi and other things seems to work but not the network after putting my pin code the network icon stayed with an "x" meaning no network.

I tried to switch to flight mode then switch it off, i flashed a .71 bb then came back to trips 0.3 baseband and kernel. I reinstalled the rom twice with the OP method.

Aside to that the rom seems to be perfect.Nice done Trip.

I must have helped at least 10 people today alone you have to read the posts. You need to use a static IP address (its an issue with 2.3.5)

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest jpminou

I have no network at all. Wifi and other things seems to work but not the network after putting my pin code the network icon stayed with an "x" meaning no network.

Aside to that the rom seems to be perfect.Nice done Trip.

flash the official GB pre rooted rom than flash this rom

Guest jpminou

I must have helped at least 10 people today alone you have to read the posts. You need to use a static IP address (its an issue with 2.3.5)

read carefully what he got as problem

Edited by jpminou

Guest GeGeGwAdA

I'm not talking about the wifi Cyberman_NI but the network itself.

jpminou i had an "stuck to Sony Ericsson issue" so i flashed to official rom via SEUS then rooted it and install trips but i will try to flash Trips prerooted rom and keep you updated. Thanks

Guest BuglyAstard

It works that way but you could use any DNS Servers. Google it use Name Bench or a good default is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

There is a speed gain to be had if you use Name Bench (by Google)

IP Manager from the Market is a free app for setting up different IP ranges to suit different networks. Although the way trip turns out rom's cant see we'll need it for too much longer :P

Thanks, do you mean 8.8.8.8 on dns1 and 8.8.4.4 on dns 2? I downloaded that name bench, Ill try later.

I flashed bb67 with the sms patch, at first wifi kept turning off and on, and wifi tether didnt work, after a reboot it works great! And bb67 has better call quality for me so this is a big win.

Guest Cyberman_NI

Thanks, do you mean 8.8.8.8 on dns1 and 8.8.4.4 on dns 2? I downloaded that name bench, Ill try later.

I flashed bb67 with the sms patch, at first wifi kept turning off and on, and wifi tether didnt work, after a reboot it works great! And bb67 has better call quality for me so this is a big win.

Yeah thats correct. No point in putting the same in both DNS 1 and DNS 2. Although it rarely needs to goto the backup server. Your routers IP would also work, that way your ISP descides the DNS for you. Test it and see what you think.

Guest basti2909

Unfortunately the "Bad behaviour/crash system server" gives an FC i'll try JP's method but thanks for your interest :)

Maybe a problem with ur root?

Guest Zocker Tko

hi, maybe i have done some stupid thing, and im not sure to post it here?

but for me i want it know, please dont try it!!!

so i flashed the CWM RECOVERY 4.0.1.4 for amend recovery and 2.3 kernel from xda (credits to FreeXperia Team)on 1.5.1 miui

(its a custom kernel from j cm7 working on bb71, i dont post links, it was only for testing and just for fun)

-CWM RECOVERY 4.0.1.4 works

-custom kernel works

-signal works

what not works

-screen rotation (adw launcher ex)

-camera (black screen)

-wifi (error)

so the nice thing was to see that custom kernel works, but again dont try it, because its not easy to go back!!!

why posting, maybe its usefull in future (bootloader is bypassed on new 2.3.3 kernel/bb71)

Guest GeGeGwAdA

Before flashing pre rooted GBjust an information xRecovery seems to have problems with my X10 when i plug it it opens a pop up asking me which hone is that (X10, X10mini, X10 mini pro) and i have a red messages saying : 07/055/2011 20:55:12 - ERROR - Cannot identify your device. Found X10 Tr while expecting X10, E10, U20 or E15 (read from ro.product.model from build.prop)

basti2909 how can i tchek my root i do have the Superuser icon and if i oepn theres no log, no apps and theres nothing special in the settings

Guest TripNRaVeR

Cant stay awake any longer lol :lol:

Release will be tomorow, really done for today, release is ready for uploading so everything is done.

B)

Guest basti2909

Can't tell you. But the devs told that a normal root is at the moment not possible or working. Or has this changed ? Also trip told that not every version of xrec is working.read the op or a few pages back.